• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's been sentence or arrested for a drug offence?

psytaco

Bluelighter
I was wondering who here on bluelight has had this happen to them. Even though prohibition in Australia sucks, I still would rather come into contact with the criminal justice system in this country compared to the US. I feel you would be treated more leniently by the courts and by the police in general. However, i am interested if this is the case for my fellow bluelighters?

if you were sentenced, how was the judicial process? Did you find they were quite lenient? Did you go to drug court or normal court?

for those who were arrested but not charged. were the police polite? Did they seem to come down hard on you just for being a drug user, or did they show some level of understanding?

also, for those who have come into contact with the police for drugs in general, what do you think was the factor that stopped you being arrested?

personally, neither been charged/arrested (touch epic wood).

but from my mates that have been, I believe, the justice system is QUITE lenient. Almost always, if its your first offense, you get off lightly.
Even repeat offenders, some up to like 4th time etc, the sentence they receive is still pretty lenient considerring.

I think, joining a rehab, as soon as you've been stitched, etc, also get a fulltime job both will look good on you when the judge sentences you. Shows that you're a upright citizen etc that did wrong but trying to do good etc.

Lawyers etc, expensive ones, worth EVERY PENNY. if you can afford one, do it. Dont trust your fate in legal aide etc.

Also, a lot of it, is to do with the mood of the judge on the day of sentencing IMHO. if he/she's having a good day = good sentences, if they are feeling shitty = you get more time??? Thats how I feel anyways!

Good link, thanks! Some interesting cases.

You were carrying 200 tablets in press-seal bags in your chest pocket. The tablets weighed a total of approximately 43 g. Each tablet contained 2C-I which is closely related to ecstasy. Indeed, you thought the tablets were ecstasy. You admit that you intended to sell a large proportion of the tablets to finance your addiction to ecstasy

I sentence you to three years and nine months imprisonment reduced from five years on account of your guilty plea. I impose a non-parole period of two years and four months.

I am of the view that an immediate term of imprisonment would only serve to unravel the positive steps that you have taken towards rehabilitation. I find good reason to suspend the term of imprisonment.

The sentence will be suspended upon you entering into a bond in the sum of $1,000 to be of good behaviour for a period of three years.

Arrested for two separate drug related offences. Treated by police like a complete dirt bag both times. Only charged once of those two times due to improper procedure on officer plods behalf. The charge didn't stick, was thrown out due to police not liking to follow their own rules and lying in the case I was actually charged in anyway.

Been arrested and sentenced for possession and dui.

Court system was lenient, as first time offence got off on a drug diversion. (I think I ended up alarming and teaching the counsellor something new btw haha)

Police treated me pretty shit. Nothing too terrible. But they used little tricks to try coax if I had a stash in my car and what not. And they treated me like a shifty lil tweaker, laughed, asking dumb questions and overall just wanting to nail me for shit. Blergh, hopefully last time.

Been arrested in Europe for 8 pills. Lucky when they lab tested it, it came back as 120mg / pill so it was just under the threshold. Anything more than a gram is classified as supply. I guess the situation here is pretty similar like most places. For small quantities you usually get a diversion program and/or fine and if its a bigger quantity its either a suspended jail sentence (criminal record) or jail time.

It all comes down to the the amount and intent. Police get bonuses (I have a lot of friends in LE and justice systems), they have certain KPI's to meet and also they get bonuses. The more fines they give out the more "criminals" they catch the more they get paid and also have a bigger chance of promotions (not all police officers want to remain working the streets) after 3 years they can apply for a more serious position whether its an undercover detective, dog squad and a whole bunch of other things. So the bottom line is they want to nail the criminal with the most possible charges which is understandable in some ways.

I'm not sure how lenient the justice system is, a good friend of mine got 4 years for an ounce of ice, this happened roughly 8-9 years ago so I'm not sure if the penalties are that harsh now days (most likely similar and depends on the lawyer, judge and the criminal in terms of recovery, not posing a threat to the community etc etc etc. Also just recently a Bluelight poster from the OZ section got busted with commercial supply.

I'm pretty sure he will face some serious jail time for many years to come (although I'm really hoping I am all wrong on this). Goes to show you that these sort of people eventually will come under the radar even if its just simple usage/ personal quantities or w/e. Can't stress it enough, always think of the consequences when your doing things. In the end it aint worth the shit that you have to go through. Just my 2 cents.

got pulled over and was found with 2 caps of H and fits hidden in my car, I was arrested and locked up overnight untill I could go before a magistate in the morning but overnight I was moved to 4 different lockups with a strip search before each one, it wa fucked being locked in a cell with like 8 methheads yelling and carrying on.
One big fat guy announced to the cell that he knows its fucked but he really needed to do a huge shit! and unfortunatly my mattress was right next to the toilet.

I only ended up getting a small fine with drug intervention. All the staff at the lockups were real proffesional and polite different story with the pigs though.

I have been arrested, currently have some major charges pending, non drug related. But expecting possession on top.....

Will let you know how it all goes, cops are really cunts if you piss them off.

Nope, only because I'm under 17, have no job and I work hard in school.
(Had an interview thing)
Under 17 = no court
no job = no fine
worked hard in school = more lenient on juvy.

I'm lucky.
The woman office had the "hey I'm your friend" going on, so did the male.
And on finishing, the male officer ended up almost pleading to my mother to beat me... what a fuck head, honestly.
The woman was like "I think you're smart, but you're also a smart arse!" and explained how I'd get diseases in juvy.

I definitely agree with "Get them pissed off and they release their full cunt"
I just sat there with no emotions, I didn't want to give them any cues.
Just made sure I had the palms up, eye contact and the other basics.

Also they were very negligent about the specific substance, which was 30 tabs of 25i-NBOMe.
Anyways, I got a caution.

Last edited:
Laugh. The worst part is the actual fine. Plus losing any quality merchandise. One time in my younger day me and my bud were coning at some country side road when a lone cop pulled right behind us, comes out and my mate goes well you've got us. He hands over my tin and took the fine since it was his car and the cop is like '' Well you shouldn't be smoking if you want to maintain fitness rah rah rah.'' Good day for him though. Some nice big outdoor early 90s style juicy bud. My mate was more pissed off cos he thought it was great quality. Looking back, the young cop did too.

I was arrested and charged for an aggravated break & enter on a pharmacy and stealing drugs in October 2010. Fucking bullshit is still carrying on.

I was arrested early this year for 3x aggravated assault on police, 1x theft of a (police) car, aggravated driving to evade police pursuit and aggravated act(s) to endanger life ( the major indictable !)

Don't fuck with the cops guys. They can do dodgy shit to make your life hell. Trust me.

^ jeepers.
i wish you all the best man. we're all with you :)

Cheers guys. 3 weeks in jail, made national news. Lost my job. heh.

Possible possession charges to boot.

First offense, though. I'd explain the circumstances but I can't really elaborate other than the fact I'm not a bad guy, heh.

http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/sent_remarks/index.html

Have a read of the drug related sentencing remarks. It explains the circumstances of each case and the judges reasoning for the sentences given.

It's funny there was a bloke on there a few days ago I spent some time in gaol with, he was a total douche to everyone. Turns out he stabbed someone over a meth deal and he was illiterate. bahaha. Sorry to make fun of a bloke in a bad situation but seems he got what he deserved. 4~ years.

I was arrested early this year for 3x aggravated assault on police, 1x theft of a (police) car, aggravated driving to evade police pursuit and aggravated act(s) to endanger life ( the major indictable !)

Don't fuck with the cops guys. They can do dodgy shit to make your life hell. Trust me.

Damn dude that sounds like one hell of a night.... I really do wish you the best man, fingers crossed the magistrate doesn't come down too hard on you aye.

Was arrested a few months back and charged with possession. I got pulled up by an undercover, searched and handed over the two (yes two) pills I was carrying.
Got handcuffed, thrown in the cell for 5 hours then released in the morning. Was charged for personal use and got slammed with a $450 fine and a court date, go figure :/
The worst part was the pills were for my girlfriend, though I took it because I didn't want her to get in trouble with law. The things you do for loved ones eh.
They also said if I gave them my source they would let me off without being charged, crooked bastards.

Didnt receive a fine in the mail, and the papers I got after leaving the station was not an actual fine, just a printed page stating the crime. They didn't even test the pils, just assumed it was MDMA I'm pretty sure they were duds as well.

Last week I received a notice stating they have suspended my drivers license until I payed the fine, which is now $638. I'm thinking of disputing it, incredibly unfair.

It was my first offense as well.