Which drug caused you problems?

Fucking Benzos.... now even RCs.... Otherwise I'm binging cocaine from to time but there is no problem with quitting. When i't done, its done.
with benzos its a BIT different...

jj

Meth was fucked.

No psychosis, thankfully, but I lost 30lbs in 8 months of only weekend use and turnt grey-skinned.

I'm ok without it, thanks. Only ever did it because of the people around me at the time. I have to tell myself that forevermore to feel better...I mean, it's true, but ultimately the choice was mine.

Cocaine firstly.... then learning how to wash it up into crack, spent thousands I got from a work injury, after that heroin, 10 years clean then like an idiot started using again last year , ended up with a habit again , now currently on the subs , tapering down ,near the end but have no experience of what to expect from buprenorphine etc.

Alcohol here too. Started my rap sheet.

Then meth, because it made me extremely irresponsible and selfish.

cocaine, more cocaine, crack cocaine and opiates(oxy and morphine).

Euphoric stims in general - mainly Amphetamine Sulphate, 4-MMC, Cocaine hcl, Crack Cocaine, Methamphetamine.

All in the past now thank fuck, but I strung it out for over 35 years so I definitely did my time (shudders...)

Definitely mdma pills when I lived in aus. Was pretty crazy on them and spent like £6000 in a year which is mad money for a backpacker! I also went to some crazy clubs I wouldn’t have went to sober. Sometimes I wonder how I’m still alive. Haha
Was prescribed pregabalin and gabapentin. Stopped taking it though as I gained so much weight it was ridiculous. That withdrawl was absolutely horrid. The worst one I’ve went through in regards to my meds. I also don’t really see the recreational value to them. I was losing my memory, super foggy, stumbling around which isn’t so good for someone with dodgy joints. It did kill my nerve pain though and it’s something I’ve had my whole life so I’m used to it but it was nice to live without it for a while. Getting used to the nerve pain again was annoying but fuck it here we are. I take prescribed opioids and I’ve never abused them or wouldn’t. They are my main pain medication and considering I’m going to be on them forever I don’t want to build a tolerance to them too quick.

I'd say, in order of destructiveness:

Heroin - Made me a total junkie and dishonest and fucked up my bright future in major ways (Lost my placements for universities including Oxford, Uni of Sussex etc... I nodded out in my final exams and made none of my predicted grades)
Methamphetamine - Landed me in a psychotic state in a 3rd world country, emaciated and totally fucking crazy with friends and family thinking I was dead... this was in combination with the benzos and alcohol...I also got attacked during this period and now have a PTSD diagnosis for life...
Benzos - see above
Alcohol - see above

I'd say, in order of destructiveness:

Heroin - Made me a total junkie and dishonest and fucked up my bright future in major ways (Lost my placements for universities including Oxford, Uni of Sussex etc... I nodded out in my final exams and made none of my predicted grades)
Haha, I was high on uni exams too. Took 200mg amph, 4mg klonopin and 600mg pregabalin. Didnt go too well.

Haha, I was high on uni exams too. Took 200mg amph, 4mg klonopin and 600mg pregabalin. Didnt go too well.

Yep, I've heard there's a thing called "state-based learning" too. Some people suggest taking pharm amps or whatever if you want to cram before an exam, but it seems that only works if you are on amps when you take your exam, otherwise you tend to have bad recall funnily enough. I took my SATs for American universities hungover and actually scored well funnily enough (I was an idiot and totally forgot I was sitting them that day).

Yep, I've heard there's a thing called "state-based learning" too. Some people suggest taking pharm amps or whatever if you want to cram before an exam, but it seems that only works if you are on amps when you take your exam, otherwise you tend to have bad recall funnily enough. I took my SATs for American universities hungover and actually scored well funnily enough (I was an idiot and totally forgot I was sitting them that day).

Bit off topic but....I experimented first year at Uni

I was same-ish level for all 3 examined modules and it went like this:

Module A - small bit of speed (10 mg pure amphet sulphate - 82 % in exam (expected 70 ish)

Module B - totes sober - 71 % in exam (expected 70 ish)

Module C - very mildly stoned on Thai stick type weed - 58 % in exam (expected 70 ish)

Go figure

Definitely mdma pills when I lived in aus. Was pretty crazy on them and spent like £6000 in a year which is mad money for a backpacker!

That's fucking mental! :LOL:

That's some life's too short type shit right there.

Sleeping in hostels for 10 quid a night and using the savings for the M. The priorities of the young. ;)

That's fucking mental! :LOL:

That's some life's too short type shit right there.

Sleeping in hostels for 10 quid a night and using the savings for the M. The priorities of the young. ;)
Here, I had a studio apartment in kings cross in Sydney. Worked in a call centre. I made damn good money and finished my day at 2pm enough time to go surf and party. Young and resourceful. Still a stupid amount of money for pills. They were damn good though. Sooo fucking good. Haha!

Here, I had a studio apartment in kings cross in Sydney. Worked in a call centre. I made damn good money and finished my day at 2pm enough time to go surf and party. Young and resourceful. Still a stupid amount of money for pills. They were damn good though. Sooo fucking good. Haha!

That sounds fucking great! I would have done it as well. :D

Heroin, by a wide margin.

I've used piles of drugs, I've never had a big issue with alcohol, or Marijuana, or amphetamines, or mdma, or benzos.

But heroin entirely took over my life and made me a slave to it. Literally every waking moment of my life, for years, was dedicated to getting more of it. While I have a problem with the entire opioid category, the characteristics of heroin specifically easily make it the most destructive of the group for me.

It really can't be overstated how completely it took over my life.