• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Where do You feel most at Peace?

- In the woods, all by myself, in the bright sunshine on a balmy spring / summer morning.

- On LSD.

- Late at night, playing all the great games I've got for my Nintendo Wii! :D

Waist deep in a local river flyfishing for trout.

Miles from the nearest road on trailrides

I know this is not exactly original, but anywhere there is nature and a place to explore. Take me to the path that's less traveled and we'll wander together.

when giving or receiving a massage. I love the flow, puts me in a peaceful place. Also there is this wonderful free restorative yoga class in my town that lasts for 75 minutes where a couple teach and walk you through resting poses while playing live singing bowls and digeridoos. Ive found my calm center there every time.

-with my lover's arms around me
-dozing in bed on a morning I know I don't have anything to do and could sleep all day if I want
-being truly lost in the flow of creative writing
-at my computer, by the fire, curled up in my chair reading forums :)

In the forest.

Knowing this, I still stupidly end up not going for quite as many walks, NY reso right there - more walks in the midst of the trees for clarity.

Walking down deserted streets at 3 in the morning.

Falling asleep to the sound of rain.

Oh man that's a good one outsider ^

Thought i'd revive this thread since it's coming up on 3am & when everybody is asleep but me, that, is very peaceful!

mmm i love this thread!

i am a pretty low key person myself... if i don't get the chance to unwind and decompress after a busy day at work in the city I literally lose my mind (its happened before many times)

I feel at peace in my current home. I've created a pretty chill relax zone here that I can come home to and recharge at night. It's like my sanctuary that I can shut out everyone else and just chillllll out. I need a few more key pieces like ambient lighting, and I'll be all set.

I feel at peace deep in the forest where I can't see or hear any other people.

I feel at peace near a body of water. Sitting on the beach dunes watching waves, kayaking on a calm river, swimming, gazing out at a mountain lake... etc

I feel at peace when I walk into my parents house and smell that familiar smell of home, drop all my baggage (double entendre) on the floor in the front hallway, crack open a beer, hug my parents, pet my dog, and just chill. Nothing smells like it, its the best smell ever.

Speaking of smells, I'm at peace when you can first notice the change of smell in the air when the seasons change.... like the first morning I come out of my apartment and it just smells like winter. That kind of thing.

^ Yeah man, gotta love that smell round about this time of year when it's just around fall & people have bonfires going : )

Cracking the throttle on my Ducati/Slamming the gates in my GT-R down a dark highway.
Sitting in my office, playing with my computers.
Cuddling on the couch with a cute girl, being playful and carefree and enjoying it for what it is.
Standing on the roof a huge bank tower, looking over the city.
Being an a forgotten, abandoned building, alone, or with a few friends, exploring it.

and oddly enough, in contact with hostile forces. Because the peace there comes from the fact that there could be nothing less peaceful, a kind of peace of its own. As well as the fact it melts away all the constructs normally in life. No more money, no money social image, no more anything, just simply survive.

Last edited:
-Lying down on a bed somewhere where there is total silence, letting my body fall asleep but keeping the mind awake (meditation). Also sometimes before waking in the morning, coming out of a dream then being in a place of no-thought/stillness (similar to the first).

-Being driven in a car, looking out of the window at the countryside speeding past.

-Lying down on a bed somewhere where there is total silence, letting my body fall asleep but keeping the mind awake (meditation). Also sometimes before waking in the morning, coming out of a dream then being in a place of no-thought/stillness (similar to the first).

-Being driven in a car, looking out of the window at the countryside speeding past.

Install Gentoo onto my fujitsu SPARC box and I'll drive ya around in my Nissan GT-R for a week mate.

This is a cool idea for a thread. I find it pretty enjoyable to read where people find themselves at the most peace.

For me its just hanging in my room with my brother, the cat, the tv and some reefah (this is everynight). Other than that, liike some others have said, anywhere with an opiate in the bloodtream. =D

O and hanging around a fire with some good friends when its just the right temperature outside and the fire is hitting you jsut the perfect amount to keep you warm an cozy.

Nowhere. I'm pretty high strung and don't know how to relax lol. My mind is ALWAYS going.