• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Where do You feel most at Peace?

At my parents house in the country. Love to get out of the city and chaos and go lie down in my old room at my parents and open the windows and just take a deep breath.
Driving alone in my car - singing and day dreaming.
In my bed at night watching something funny trying not to wake my soundly sleeping boyfriend on my left and my 9 year old tabby on my right.
Mass at my church.

hah apparently ativan napping on my couch with my fluffy purple blanket after a bad day :D

mmm i love this thread!

i am a pretty low key person myself... if i don't get the chance to unwind and decompress after a busy day at work in the city I literally lose my mind (its happened before many times)

I feel at peace in my current home. I've created a pretty chill relax zone here that I can come home to and recharge at night. It's like my sanctuary that I can shut out everyone else and just chillllll out. I need a few more key pieces like ambient lighting, and I'll be all set.

I feel at peace deep in the forest where I can't see or hear any other people.

I feel at peace near a body of water. Sitting on the beach dunes watching waves, kayaking on a calm river, swimming, gazing out at a mountain lake... etc

I feel at peace when I walk into my parents house and smell that familiar smell of home, drop all my baggage (double entendre) on the floor in the front hallway, crack open a beer, hug my parents, pet my dog, and just chill. Nothing smells like it, its the best smell ever.

Speaking of smells, I'm at peace when you can first notice the change of smell in the air when the seasons change.... like the first morning I come out of my apartment and it just smells like winter. That kind of thing.

Are you me? Seriously, I could have written that post word for word.

Walking down deserted streets at 3 in the morning.

Falling asleep to the sound of rain.

yeah this, but in a lively compact city, where you can be out on the streets or back inside along the avenues of your mind.
:-x
the crX-roads are always there this way...

its always interesting watching people bustle around in that hour.
maybe since then there is no need for me to make trouble...

Alone in nature, hearing the wind rustling the leaves, seeing the sun shining through the tree tops.

OR

Dancing in a crowd of people at a club/concert.

In nature.

In the woods, on the beach, in a field........anywhere in nature.
Something about a cliff side overlooking the water makes me feel very at peace. <3

- At my home

- On the sea

Anywhere with water, especially waterfalls. There's something in waterfalls that gives me special feeling, don't know how to explain it. Just pure Energy and peaceful feeling.

Surfing.
The beach.
Starbucks with a mocha frappuchino, a book, and a cigarette.
Cuddling in bed with my girlfriend.
Concerts with a klonopin.
My dock.

I've pondered where I feel most at peace for awhile, especially since seeing this thread, but I have not come up with any set place--For me, it's more the mindset. I feel most at peace when I'm free of pertinent or pressing things to do that really do not impact the here and now (read: school/clinical work) combined with when I'm immersed in something I enjoy.

I miss being able to take long hikes with just my dog--That was probably when/where I felt the most at peace. :-/