• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your trick to get out of bad trips quick?

The only drug that has ever given me a negative trip is DXM, which is arguably not even a psychedelic - I have had moments on DXM where I have been lost in my head, thinking only negative thoughts, for what seems like hours. In my experience, the best way to change the direction of such a trip (as others have said) is to change the setting. If the lights are off, turn them on. Light some candles. Change the music. Get up and move around. Start dancing. Play a song like "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. Intentional change of set is helpful as well, though it can take a fair bit of resolve to tell yourself "Ok, STOP. I'm on drugs right now. I will deal with these feelings AFTER I come down."

Don't think "If I don't stop thinking this way, things will go sour." Instead, think "When I DO stop thinking this way and start enjoying the positive things, this trip is going to be amazing!"

Don't really know about a bad trip on classical psychedelics - Both LSD and psilocybin mushrooms, the few times I've taken them, have always treated me extremely well.

also dealing with the experience in my experience is the best way to go about it; it can be so posative when you get to that other side and have faced what you are experiencing and manifesting.

i once had a seriously difficult experience i had to go through with no support and when i came out on the other side it took a long time to integrate and such but i did learn and benefit from it.

integration is key ime.

Only had one kinda bad trip ever
But I figure an opiate or benzo could help a lot, maybe even ketamine lol