• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your trick to get out of bad trips quick?

KI519

I hear what you saying brother!! I am on the same page......its fun, i have fun, and my friends have fun.

Changing the music, the lighting, the room or just about anything can have a huge influence on the mindset of a person who is tripping and this makes it an invaluable technique.

A few weeks ago I realized how important the lighting can be when you're tripping. I took 2 al-lad blotters (300 ug) and the visuals were pretty intense. I was among sober people and I didn't feel right. Then someone, for some reason, decided to turn off the light and to light candles, and I immediately felt incredibly better. Sometimes you don't realize what actually bothers you. Something as casual as an artificial source of light can actually be quite unpleasant.

Etizolam or any benzo would be ideal for a quick abort. Though not even really an abort as it won't kill your trip entirely but will take care of the anxiety while weakening the trip.
If benzos aren't an option put on some Bob Marley and have a glass of lemonade. That always makes me feel better.

I've had plenty of "difficult" trips and moments while tripping, and I agree with what others have said about basically facing it head on and going with the flow. So long as I don't fight it, the trip always turns out to be a positive, or at least neutral, experience. There have been a couple of times when a trip has been more than just difficult or challenging, though. In those cases, it has always been a matter of sensory overload and things being too intense for my liking rather than merely thinking about awkward stuff that a sober mind would normally ignore/repress. I pretty much always get a hint of that uneasy "bad trip" feeling when coming up, in which case I usually switch off the lights and any music and lay in bed for half an hour or so until it passes. The few times it hasn't passed, I've gained nothing by riding it out, so aborting with benzos is a good way to go in that case.

KI519

I hear what you saying brother!! I am on the same page......its fun, i have fun, and my friends have fun.

Heh, thanks. I just feel like the whole I'm-holier-than-thou attitude towards the use of psychs is too prevalent. I bet most people here are smart and skilled enough to solve their problems without the aid of psychs. I'm sure they can help a ton, with all the effects on the brain and what not (not to mention all of the documented cases), but imo I don't think it's totally necessary for most people. I mean, what would they do if no one was able to access them? Then what? Someone tells me they'd be "lost" mentally or something, I'd tell them to get outta here. =D

And seriously, if I saw someone holding a tab of acid and they told me, before ingesting it, that they were ONLY using it for spiritual/mental growth, and not even an inkling of a desire to have fun with it...I'd say, "Uh huh, sure."

That's just how I see it. I'm not saying using psychs for growth is bad, far from it. In fact, they are the ones that are keeping a good reputation on them. Hence, the applause (yay!). But c'mon, the ones who use it, incur growth and have positive trips are 100% having "fun" using it. I guarantee that.

I've never had a bad trip, but I've had some negative thoughts when tripping. I find that putting on a funny youtube video or music that I like usually melts those kind of thoughts away.

im sure this has already been said, but benzos. I hear seroquel works as well as do the 1st generation tricyclic antipsychotics

All the hallucinogenic inspiration I've had over the years has only been a by-product of my poly-drug addiction to novelty.

I'm not sure if I've ever had a bad trip as such but I was had extremely uncomfortable 2c-e trips with horrendous nausea and tension where I've just taken benzos or Seroquel because the physical uncomfort has eliminated any chance of any positive psychological gain. I've had a few "whoops, maybe I took it too far!" moments but they always passed.

If someone else around me had a bad trip depending on the severity I would either change the environment, give the person physical stimuli such as a massage or stroke their hair or even a hug. Of course asking what's wrong and talking them through it would be most beneficial I think.

In the absolute worst case(before hospital) I'd give them Seroquel. I'd try 5-10mg of Valium first(not sure I'd use Xanax due to blackout/crazy potential, not sure about Clonazepam either..... Diazepam, Oxazepam or Temazepam would be the safest I think though I don't like giving people drugs at all) but if that failed I wouldn't give more benzos just the Seroquel(50mg) because I could see someone blacking out like some do on benzos and doing some crazy shit.

Bad trips are very diverse and people have their individual idea of what a bad trip is. But for me, the person has to be violent, a danger to themselves and those around them or basically catatonic/crying/beyond terrified before any chemical disruption can be comfortably and confidently used to calm the victim or abort the mission.

I'm not sure if I've ever had a bad trip as such but I was had extremely uncomfortable 2c-e trips with horrendous nausea and tension where I've just taken benzos or Seroquel because the physical uncomfort has eliminated any chance of any positive psychological gain. I've had a few "whoops, maybe I took it too far!" moments but they always passed.

If someone else around me had a bad trip depending on the severity I would either change the environment, give the person physical stimuli such as a massage or stroke their hair or even a hug. Of course asking what's wrong and talking them through it would be most beneficial I think.

In the absolute worst case(before hospital) I'd give them Seroquel. I'd try 5-10mg of Valium first(not sure I'd use Xanax due to blackout/crazy potential, not sure about Clonazepam either..... Diazepam, Oxazepam or Temazepam would be the safest I think though I don't like giving people drugs at all) but if that failed I wouldn't give more benzos just the Seroquel(50mg) because I could see someone blacking out like some do on benzos and doing some crazy shit.

Bad trips are very diverse and people have their individual idea of what a bad trip is. But for me, the person has to be violent, a danger to themselves and those around them or basically catatonic/crying/beyond terrified before any chemical disruption can be comfortably and confidently used to calm the victim or abort the mission.
FUCK Seroquel.

Diazepam is plenty strong enough. If the initial 5-10mg doesn't work (which it probably won't if you're really freaking out), just eat more of it. It WILL calm your ass down if you take enough, no matter how bad the trip is. It won't totally kill the trip, but it'll eliminate the anxiety and allow you to relax and enjoy the visuals.

I go to sleep. Yes, and when I lay myself down and hear all the thoughts going thru my head, I associate the reason, and it is because I am on drugs, and talk myself thru until I awake normal.

88James: I almost didn’t read your post because it was so long and seemed a bit of a tangent. But I wanted to let you know that your experience with weed really rang a bell with me and has astounding parallels with my own experience. Your post was like reading my own journal, almost event per event. I have never gotten the magic back from weed and with the passage of time I realize I never will. I’ll always wonder if my parents freak-out was the root of it all, or if abusing weed at a young age lead to this as a natural consequence – some kind of chemistry cause and effect.

Anyways, that was many years ago and I’ve since switched to psychedelics amongst other enjoyable substances. I have no qualms stating that my use is purely recreational, flat out show me what ya got entertainment. Give me some pretty lights, titillate my senses and make me belly laugh. And to boot, I get the added bonus of some really unique perspectives and interesting insights – lovely byproducts of the entertainment. Mental orgasms courtesy of LSD. There is a variety of reasons that people use psychedelics and spiritual development is not a requirement.

With regard to bad trips, my theory is that a lot of them are probably triggered when people trip with unresolved worries/issues/problems/concerns etc. (sometimes as a way of dealing with or exploring those things). As I’ve gotten older, I’ve found the negative thought patterns are much more infrequent and, more easily dismissed. I think partly because I have less worries in my life but also because I’m more capable of dismissing them during a trip. Distracting my mind with a significant change in setting or activity has always been the most effective way for me to alter the course of a trip – I do this now simply because the change in stimulation always adds a refreshing new dimension to the trip.

I agree man!
A good way to avoid bad tripping, or easily turning a bad trip into a good one, is being prepared before the trip. Have anything you might need easily accessible to you. For example, go in nature, but know you will be safe. Have access to good music, something to drink and eat, a joint...whatever! I find it easier to use LSD in daylight, when you can see and apreciate everything clearly, no worries of what lies within the darkness ;) .

I also like to fight back to the bad thoughts, like express it by yelling, dancing, just get it out of me instead of keeping the thought inside and letting it grow.

Having good friends with you and communicating well with each other is the key in avoiding or getting out of bad trips.
On LSD you sometimes feel like a child, so there is nothing wrong in acting like one. Accept this and go with the flow. Don't get close to many people, so you can feel comfortable and let yourself go. If you get overwhelmed, just think about riding the wave so you don't get drawn. :)

Bad trip? Never had a freak out panic attack. Some psychedelics, especially some of the more recent developments such NB can cause some unwanted side effects. These include tachycardia, vasoconstriction etc. So I use a benzo, usually sub-lingual. Some have more rapid onset vs other drugs in the same family. One fast actor is alprazolam. Benzo's relax smooth muscles such as those of the heart. Reducing stroke volume, reducing cardiac rate plus reducing venous constriction.

You'll be alright, or at least should be alright if you have someone you can really trust nearby, a comforting bath, one or two fatties to smoke, or simply peanuts to eat.
I didn't count how many times I came home tripping bad of something and put on Fear and Loathing or some other movie, really mellow music playing, but it was several times in my life and it helped a bunch overcoming bad trips. Stroke something furry like a rug or a hairy pussy. cat.

How is this thread still going?

Every responsible drug user should keep Xanax on hand for when things go wrong.

/thread

Etizolam or any benzo would be ideal for a quick abort. Though not even really an abort as it won't kill your trip entirely but will take care of the anxiety while weakening the trip.
If benzos aren't an option put on some Bob Marley and have a glass of lemonade. That always makes me feel better.

So you can stop a panick attack on psyches by drinking lemonade? Interesting, I guess it's your coping mechanism re: psych freak out etc. If it works it works.

I feel much of the positive reduction of negative subjective effects during the experience can be attributed to your concern re: bad trip were not so much physical danger/OD etc but more of a psychological issue at play.

Experiences with the majoriry of psychedelic drugs have not been terrible ordeals. However psychedelics are powerful substances.

As the brain stem is affected to a greater or lesser by all psychedelic drugs they csn cause death. Some newer psychedelic drugs sold as legal highs have a wide range of adverse events ass accociated.

LSD 25 has killed a full grown male elephant. Sure 200 odd mg was injected into the elephant but it caused the animal to seizure, foam at the mouth etc. Look up a book called "elephants on LSD". It's got many different stories, not as sad either, funny or stupidly
Funny.

Moral of story, if there is one? Be aware of the physical needs of your body and always have a benzo handy. There are a number of other hypnotic agents however.

I'd check the drugs profile, listed adverse effects (side effects) contra-indications (medication/drugs taken ay interact with another drug/medicaton taken).

Never had a seriously "bad trip' but I have ecperienced the fear of taking a little known compound like one of the RC's and experiencing physical load, arrythmia, muscle cramps etc.

LSD has given me a few moments like that. Not even close to 2c T7. MDPV binging vs LSD... Ill take the LSD

How is this thread still going?

Every responsible drug user should keep Xanax on hand for when things go wrong.

/thread
Xanax is good stuff.
I prefer Valium personally because of its hypnotic and muscle relaxant effects. In hospitals it seems to be the benzo of choice for patients who are freaking out on psychedelics.

IME the best drug to use for anxiety while tripping is codeine (120-150mg) + a strong antihistamine. Codeine is actually quite a powerful anxiolytic - it'll smooth your trip out nicely. I find it doesn't dull trips the way benzos do... for me it actually seems to intensify the visuals and add to the euphoria. 2C-E and codeine+cyclizine is one of my favorite combos.