• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your favorite tea?

I drink several cups of green tea throughout the day.
Jasmine tea, although a tea, is not true tea, meaning not from the camellia sinensis plant. Still good though :) Same goes with rooibos tea.

I drink black, green, chai, whatever I can get my hands on.

Right now I have:

Twinnings Ceylon Orange Pekoe, Celestial Seasonings Cranbeery Pomegranate Green tea, CS Honey Lemon Ginsing green, Bigelow Green tea with pomegranate, Republic of Tea Ginger Peach black tea, Rep. of Tea Blackberry Sage black tea...

nothing fancy :\

I was really excited when I saw this thread. I love tea a lot.
My favorite teas are:
Jasmine, Green tea (I found this really good one with roasted brown rice in it), Yerba Mate, Peppermint and Chamomile.
If you are interested in tea, you should research the Japanese tea ceremony. It's really elaborate and beautiful. They respect their tea quite a bit. I also recommend "The Book of Tea" by Kakuzo Okakura, it's pretty short and really insightful.

Also some other good psychoactive teas that were not mentioned yet are:
Cactus Tea
Yohimbe Tea
Kratom Tea

Oolong :) I have yet to find any decaf oolong though, but decaf green brewed for a long time is a good substitute.

My favorite tisane: Trader Joe's orange spice rooibos+peppermint+stevia+pumpkin pie spice+allspice+vanilla

twinings Lemon morning detox
contains milk thistle

Makes me feel neutral/normal/refreshed very good stuff

Oooh yay tea!
My favourite black tea is lady grey when im feeling girly and irish breakfast other times.
Grew up on chamomile so I love it :)
Really getting back into green tea after months of hating it coz my flatmate only drinks the green tea infused with lemon/mint/apple/jasmine stuff.

Poppy pod tea all the way! J/K.

I like coca tea, yerba mate, and most kinds of green tea, like jasmine or pomegranate-flavored. White tea is also good, with a milder flavor and more antioxidants than green. I used to make my own teas out of loose oolong and green tea leaves and would make different preparations, like stimulating, relaxing, uplifting, etc. My relaxing one ("Twilight Dream") sold the most and had calming herbs like chamomile, valerian root, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon. It's fun to experiment with adding different herbs to your own tea, or just leaving it as an herbal tea with no caffeine. And there really is no reason to spend tons of money on those expensive preparations like "Sleepy Time" when you can just make your own for next to nothing.

The health properties of tea are pretty impressive. You can drink it hot or cold, add honey, milk or sugar, and customize it to your own taste. If you don't do well with caffeine, you could always go for decaf or try another stimulating tea like yerba mate or coca leaf. (Yerba has caffeine, but doesn't cause the unpleasant side effects of other caffeinated beverages.) It's milder than coffee and has lots of antioxidants, polyphenols and minerals which have been shown to help prevent a number of diseases from cancer to heart disease. Drink up!

I drink about 4 cups of rooibos tea (red tea) everyday. I don't like the caffeine in green tea so i take the green tea extract in pill form.

rooibos has higher antioxidant than green tea.
rooibos is very low in tannin. Tannin is what makes tea bitter.
rooibos is naturally caffeine free.
rooibos is very low in fluoride

Indeed. africana rooibos is the tea for me. It tastes amazing as well, far better than any soda or such imo, almost candy-like.

Rooibos is good, but I've never really gotten into it. I should bring some to work to sip on, and see if it grows on me.

I drink two bowls of cheap matcha a day during the week to keep me going. It's decent, but not great. The good stuff is WAY too expensive for me though. On the weekends, I play around a bit more. I'm still keen on Taiwanese oolongs, but I'm feeling more of a pull toward green and white teas lately.

Also, I've been brewing some kombucha lately. I think that it's pretty groovy, but nobody around me has heard of it.

Right now I'm drinking sencha green tea and mango infusion....it's so delicious.:)

honey-lemon-ginseng-med.jpg

Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea is what I have been drinking a lot of lately.