• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your favorite tea?

I'm surprised no one has said white tea yet..

It has something like 2-3x more antioxidants than regular green tea.

It taste just as good too. There are 3 quality types you can get.

I prepare my own tea brews- heres a few suggestions:

SEDATING/RELAXING
-Scullcap (for adrenergic reduction), chammomile (relaxes stomach, inhibits the CYPxxx enzyme, like grapefruit juice), Passionflower (for the MAOI qualities, enhances the effect of previous herbs) and damiana for taste and psychoactivity. Catnip is an option for pot smokers trying to smoke less but still get as high- for some, it can potentiate pot (for me, it doesn't)

-Kava-kava- nuff said, but the ultimate chillout tea when you can get it down. :)

STIMULATING
-Black tea
-Yerba mate, Ginko Biloba, withania spp, and chammamile once again, more for taste.
-Coffee

DREAM ENHANCEMENT
-Damiana again, Mugwort and passionflower. Lavendar and mugwort as a poultice is good to on the forehead, and burning of mugwort (or smoking) is helpful for dreaming. Also dream pillows of said material.

PSYCHOATIVE TEAS-
-Mushroom tea
-Ayahuasca :)
- Poppy seed tea (love it)

Theres many herbs out there, way more the I've mentioned that a good infusion can be made from.

:)

A few of you here have mentioned Poppy Tea. I've made that several times, but never really got an affect from it :\

ebola? said:
1. Poppy tea
2. Masala Chai
3. Matcha

ebola

lol i knew someone would mention poppy tea

But i love tea all types. so comforting, healthy low calories. my fav drink id say.

I drink four types depending on my mood: decaffinated black tea, green tea, peppermint tea and strawberry/raspberry/cranberry. I tend to drink the black tea at night about an hour before bed and it helps me relax and go to bed (though, for some reason, if I have milk in it I have a bad sleep).

Bala root and ginko with maybe blue lotus pedals if I feel the urge to add anything to my standard recipe.

PG Tips for me, but since I started my job and found the assortment of teas. Earl Grey all the way!

{F7C52ABC-2857-4E99-9C65-687202D191CA}_Image1_YTOcutout.jpg

Yorkshire tea owns you ALL.

Last edited:
Jasmine-Chamomile....red hibiscus and chai tea (lattes)

One of my faves..... green tea, rose hips, chamomile, hibiscus, lemon peel, natural mango flavor. So yummy, fragrant & soothing. I drink a huge coleman of water with about 4 teabags when I'm feeling really hot!
lg_00187.jpg

Also....this Ceylon tea from Lotte, Korea is really good.
IMG_6796+%28Small%29.JPG

You guys have to see what is written in the back....=D
Ceylon Tea.
Now dream of Tea is distilled each pure drop
a tear of joy
A vision of paradise for men
lost in their dreams
Sailing the Indian Ocean towards new horizons
Ceylon Tea.

lol....only in Asia!

Recently it's been either a pinch of fenugreek in a cup of hot water.

Also mucuna leaf tea! It's the South American velvet bean I've been growing in my garden. L-Dopa monster and supposed aphrodisiac... it gives me a general energy boost is all I can say :D

But toasted brown rice tea is the best.