• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Whats the story behind your nickname?

backward
dont ask why, the story is to far gone now, to many years have past to really bring any logic to it..
smile.gif

been using it since 95' so i guess theres no turning back ?

Well I've been using Haste for a while now for many things, but I first started using it in my younger (graffiti - did I saygraffiti, I meant aerosol art..hehhee)days. Everything was done in haste in those days, for obvious reasons, so I picked up the name and started using it. For those of you's wondering I never went around vandalising the inside of trains with texta's - that shit sux!!!
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

my nickname refers to the first rave i (almost) went to. it was put on by this crew in europe called 'spiral tribe', and the raves were illegal outdoor raves. unfortunately the police shut the rave down before we even got there...
.. some people think my nick goes well with my hair too :)

what a pity spiral...'spiral tribe' were a cool crew; their parties in the UK were similar to partying in a MadMax movie. Before the laws changed all the cops could do was make sure there were no traffic disturbances i.e. they helped you park your car in some field half way up a welsh mountain....hehe
smile.gif

anyway...
tranquilo ('tran-key-lo for all you cunning linguists) is Spanish for ...er...tranquilo. It's where the English word tranquil derives from. It can be used as an adjective or as an imperative...eg "hombre, tranquilo!" (calm down mate!) and I think it's a great word.

The nickname,I used to hang out at hemp bc and wanted to describe myself with an American indian feel to it.I like the way they name there children describing their character in nature !.Well my hair colour is very blonde almost to white with sun,and you usually see me with a cloud of smoke in front of me i have just exhaled.Not as much these days .

well i was reading a book which had all this information on druids(celtic priests who used to perform magic in forests)
I was really intrigued by them, and a couple of months later i bought one of Type O Negatives cd which contained a song called Be My Druidess. seeing im female, it suited me perfectly.
My other nick on irc and so on, is Pyretta^Blaze

Not to interesting and probably self evident but my name is Scott and I get called Scotty, Scottie, how ever u want to spell it. Anyway I thought I would just add the 'E' to it to match the rave culture, xtc etc and u say it like scotty.
------------------
Do U Deserve!

come on guys...this is interesting reading!!!
*bends over sheepishly and gently gives it a...bump*

I think it was the just the result of all the bizzaro shit in my head. Dunno
Oh yeah know I do, some friends of mine call each other spazza, or variations of all that, and my friend in the UK when I was over there in 98 always called me a 'nutter'(if you say it with a pommie accent, it makes sense, they say it all the time)so it was just like that.
I now try to live up to the name on the dancefloor!!!

I think it was the just the result of all the bizzaro shit in my head. Dunno
Oh yeah know I do, some friends of mine call each other spazza, or variations of all that, and my friend in the UK when I was over there in 98 always called me a 'nutter'(if you say it with a pommie accent, it makes sense, they say it all the time)so it was just like that.
I now try to live up to the name on the dancefloor!!!

Mine comes from the title of a book ... By Jeff Noon . Great book
smile.gif

my netname has been halo for the past 4 years, but when i tried to reg as halo i found out some punk had already taken it.
so i tried to reg as hal9000 the computer from 2001. i think hal9000 pretty damn cool because (s)he/it developed a conciousness just from observing and learning from the world around. too bad hal flipped out and killed everyone on board its spaceship.
but alas the name hal9000 was already taken
so i put in j_swift cause i stopped caring and just wanted to start posting.
J
[This message has been edited by j_swift (edited 17 June 2000).]

My stories kinda tame... my parents used to call me Peedy when I was little and some of my friends call me it now... I love being called Peedy...

My real name is Richard.. but everyone I know call's me Richie...
so I thought I might throw in an extra e (and an extra i...).. and make it:::::
riichiee..
It's sorta how my friends pronouce my name anyway.. Riiicc -- chieeeee.
You get the picture.

Well my nick has come from IRC.
When I first started to IRC I was trying to pick any name that came to me. I flirted with a few until I looked at the shirt I was wearing at the time. jag simple. it helps that I like the cars too.
I have experimented over the years with a few version }jag{ , |jag| and a few others. I use the nicks lucid or guru/groo when I'm hiding from people.
ArchAngel was one of the first ones I used after the comic book character from the X-men. Yes there is a movie coming out and it's apity that Archangel is not one of the characters.
NeWays...
chow4now

ummm... think it originally came from irc.. sat there for ages thinking of something!
Has nothing to do with e- didn't have a clue back then. And if u wanna pronounce it- it's pronounced "seeker".. c-k-r (just saying the letters) ain't bad either.. If you find a new way to pronounce it let me know!
icon12.gif

CKr

well the story behind my nick is pretty boring, but i like this thread so i want to give it a *bump* so it doesn't just completely disappear
a friend of mine commented that i wear a lot of black - which i don't, i wear a lot of navy/dark blue - and when i pointed this out he said, "oh, so you're more of a blue girl". see, boring. my other nick that i sometimes post under is megalomaniac (or megsy) but people don't seem as friendly when i use that nick (don't think they really like megalomaniacs, always trying to take over the world and all that)! i thought that bluegirl was more appropriate for this site anyway!!
------------------
Work like nobody's watching
Love like you don't need the money
Dance like you've never been hurt