Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

Heat (1995)

This film is one of the top rated on IMDB, featuring an all star cast and a 2 hour 50 minute run time. To be honest, while it had decent pacing, I felt it drug out a bit too long. The character development felt unnecessary and boring at many points and seemed to be padding. It added a distinct feel to the film that made me think of other overly indulgent 90s films.

Overall the plot was riveting and I enjoyed it, but it doesn’t belong in the top 50 films of all time IMO. It lacked action despite being a cops vs robbers flick, and it just wasn’t as good as I expected it to be based on reviews I had read.

It did have a mad decent soundtrack. The cinematography was pretty good too. In the end though, it fell pretty far short of my high expectations.

7/10

Vice (2018) - 8/10

I can't believe I slept on this movie. It's the perfect mix of drama, comedy and biopic. Excellent acting, too. I can see why it was nominated for oscars. I was very entertained and laughed out loud at some of the dialogue.

The Menu (2022)

Saw this one tonight. Kinda left-field movie with an ensemble cast about a chef, restaurant and menu (and yet not). It's understated and not about much, but has a subtle element of dark humor running straight through, a few meaningful twists, and is surprisingly light/enjoyable.

7/10

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)
I watched this film in the theaters when it came out but decided to rent it last week. The movie is loosely based on the life of cult folksinger Dave Van Ronk who was an influence on Bob Dylan when Dylan first came to New York during the folk revival of the early 1960s. IMHO it's an interesting character study and has a great soundtrack to boot. Coen Brothers directed.

Internal Affairs (1990)

Richard Gere and Andy Garcia give a fantastically tense performance in this early 90s cop thriller about a good cop and a bad cop. Riveting and gripping throughout, I never thought of Gere as a villain, but he performed amazingly. Worth a watch.

On Amazon prime right now.

7.8/10

The Tomorrow War (2021)

People jump into the future to save humanity in alien vs human war. It has decent reviews, steals bits from superior films from the genre like Alien and Predator. But it's so dumb I could barely finish it. I certainly couldn't stop being sarcastic about almost everything that happened, the ridiculous plots holes, silly writing, cliched acting. If it wasn't almost 2.5 hours, I'd say it was a reasonable way to waste some time. But really, you should probably avoid this if you have better things to do like, uh, chew your fingernails.

3/10

The Dead Don't Die (2019) - 9/10

Hilarious deadpan homage to the zombie genre. On par with Shaun of the Dead, but funny in its own way. Tons of meta jokes, subliminal jokes, and clever usage of the 4th wall. Definitely made me laugh in unexpected ways. Excellent cast, cameos and Bill Murray is perfect in this.

One of the best comedies I've seen in longer than I can remember. Must see for any fan of zombie stuff.

Reactions: CFC
Guy Ritchies' The Covenant IMO,,,,4/5

As a UK film fan I finally developed a real soft spot for Guy Ritchie, I thought Lock Stock was a blast, I cannot remember Snatch as I saw it when it came out and all I can think is that it was exactly the same as Lock Stock. But when the 2 Sherlock Holmes I was finallly won over. Most of his films are silly, I love the more recent The Gentleman but what we had this w/e was a fantastic serious as serious illness war film, the illness being of course war, the one human act of madness most easy, when done well, to communicate through dramatic cinema, his 3rd release with Amazon following Wrath of Man and Operation Fortune.

It has much to say about the debts owed by The Coalition of the Willing and the covenant formed with those often left with just their dicks in their hands

The Dead Don't Die (2019) - 9/10

Hilarious deadpan homage to the zombie genre. On par with Shaun of the Dead, but funny in its own way. Tons of meta jokes, subliminal jokes, and clever usage of the 4th wall. Definitely made me laugh in unexpected ways. Excellent cast, cameos and Bill Murray is perfect in this.

One of the best comedies I've seen in longer than I can remember. Must see for any fan of zombie stuff.

I think I may have seen that already, but I like zombie stuff and I liked Shaun of the Dead so added to list again anyway ✔︎

edit: oh yeah, saw that a few years back lol

Last edited:
Greenland (2020)

Another end of the world apocalyptic type film starring Gerard Butler, the world's worst semi-Scottish accent, and space rocks. Nothing like Don't Look Up (2021) - no satire or humor, still quite a few psychos tho. But it was a pretty decent effort if you enjoy these kinds of disaster flicks with lots of bangs and adrenaline moments.

7/10

Watched 'The Boogeyman' the other night. The movie made me jump nearly out of my chair at least 7 different times.
I don't wanna ruin anything but someone smokes a joint in the movie , has a coughing fit, and pulls out dental floss with a tooth tied to the end from her throat
9/10

Greenland (2020)

Another end of the world apocalyptic type film starring Gerard Butler, the world's worst semi-Scottish accent, and space rocks. Nothing like Don't Look Up (2021) - no satire or humor, still quite a few psychos tho. But it was a pretty decent effort if you enjoy these kinds of disaster flicks with lots of bangs and adrenaline moments.

7/10

Good watch, far fetched but still cool.

Reactions: CFC
Last film was Thirteen Ghosts - such a good wild flick!

recently rewatched the florida project because its one of my favorites
A24 does it again! Or should I say Sean Baker does it again. For some reason, maybe subconciously, I kept thinking at the beginning of the film: this reminds me of Tangerine. And lo and behold, he directed both movies. Who thought I would like a film about a transgender hooker who fights with her pimp but here we are.

I like Joaquin Phoenix, I think he's a good actor
I thought this. I guess I still do. But really, he always plays the same role: a troubled, anxious, loner who doesn't fit in. It struck me when recently watching Inherent Vice. Possibly the worst PTA movie? Anyway, he's not a bad actor, he's great. But I think the same about Denzel sometimes, he always plays the bad ass who keeps his head cool when everything around him goes to shit.

Possession: An 80s "horror" movie set in pre-unification Berlin about a couple losing their relationship and losing their minds. I didn't finish it. There were some poignant parts but it was often tedious and sometimes obnoxious (I had to fast-forward through a part where the lead actress just shrieks and spins in circles for what seemed like ten minutes) while never being scary.
Felt the same way. Too much arguing. Too melodramatic. My review is somewhere in this thread.

Heat (1995)

It lacked action despite being a cops vs robbers flick
It's way more than an action flick. It's the cat and mouse game between De Niro and Pacino. It's the fact they are both living essentially the same lives and don't even know it. It may be a tad overrated, sure, but it's a pretty damn good film. And I hate long movies.

It's way more than an action flick. It's the cat and mouse game between De Niro and Pacino. It's the fact they are both living essentially the same lives and don't even know it. It may be a tad overrated, sure, but it's a pretty damn good film. And I hate long movies.
Yeah I guess so. It just didn't really draw me in that much. I dunno, I've also been in a very stressed out state lately so maybe I don't appreciate some things for what they are meant to be. Hard to say.

Watched Without Remorse (2021) the other day.

It's an adaptation of a Tom Clancy novel about guns and spies and back-stabbing and whatnot, lead actor Michael Jordan. It's uh, pretty average. Jordan's pretty good in it, and the plot's not terrible or anything. But it's not on the same level as similar recent films from the Bourne franchise or Mission Impossible etc. Guy Pierce is painfully underutilized, and the rest of the crew are kinda nothings and undeveloped. Still, it's entertaining enough to stick with till the end.

6/10

Last edited:
Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)
I watched this film in the theaters when it came out but decided to rent it last week. The movie is loosely based on the life of cult folksinger Dave Van Ronk who was an influence on Bob Dylan when Dylan first came to New York during the folk revival of the early 1960s. IMHO it's an interesting character study and has a great soundtrack to boot. Coen Brothers directed.

i always thought that movie was underrated. One of my favorite coen bros.

Hey Max Power why do you keep copy pasting stuff? C'mon girl give a personal review