• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos whats the best benzodiazepine for insomnia?

Iv been on KPins for many years for anaxiety and sleep. I take 2mg x daily. I know when I choose to stop it will be a long period of tapering and I have no clue what to expect. My doctor said it won't be bad if I follow the taper schedule...... I'm not too sure about that. It's been successful for me the last ten plus years. If I were to go bk I would do everything differently!

Surprised the discussion went beyond Etizolam, it's simply brilliant for insomnia and is available in various countries on prescription.

The drug changed my life. From 3 hours sleep a night to 7-8....that's one hell of a difference. Dose 1mg if you find yourself waking up early dose 2mg if you do wake up it's still very much in your system and you get back to sleep again very easily.

Use usual precautions though, do not use with alcohol, do not exceed the maximum daily dose. Use how it prescribed and it'll do the trick.
I agree 100%!!
Most benzos have a short life while klonopin and (I think) Valium has a long life. When it comes down to it A Benzo is a Benzo once it is in your body.

i took a xanax last night to go to sleep, i feel like shit today because of it..id honestly recommend taking seroquel for sleep over benzos..with seroquel i dont feel groggy the next morning..

I tried most of the regular bensos including some RC's and none of them in my opinion are that great for insomnia. Not even Xanax or Rohypnol. Granted one might sleep well once having dozed off, especially if having taken higher doses for recreational purposes but they don't seem to make me feel tired the way some other drugs do.

Right now my money would be on 3-hydroxyphenazepam. Boy is this one sedative RC benzo. I've only taken 0.5 mg a couple of hours ago and I'm getting so tired I could go to sleep now if I wanted to. Normally I wouldn't sleep for another 4 hours.