• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good On TV? V. Saul Changed His Number

Hooked on The Wire. Bit late to the party I know, but it's all rather brilliant.

House of Cards too. Always got time for Kevin Spacey.

Hooked on The Wire. Bit late to the party I know, but it's all rather brilliant.

House of Cards too. Always got time for Kevin Spacey.

Yes, mate. I re-watched the wire for a third time recently and still loved every moment..even revelled in the second season.

House of Cards is class. I've loved Mr Spacey ever since I watched Glengarry Glen Ross and it's not exactly an eventful film :\

Guns, drugs, explosives AND tits?

Fuck me!! I'd never leave the house If I discovered such a program :)

You definitely need to watch Oz then, if you haven't already. Even when there's no breasts, they call the drugs 'tits' anyway. You can't lose :D

Have you watched Boardwalk Empire, man? It maybe starts off a bit slow but it builds into something truly great, in my opinion. Plus, Steve Buscemi is just below Christopher Walken in my, "I will watch anything that they're in" list %)

I know it's a bit of a long-shot that you haven't watched it, but The Sopranos is still up there as one of my favourite series of all time.
The Sopranos is one of my all time favourite shows. I just got netflix. Watched the first two episodes. Pretty good. A few historical inaccuracies but pretty good tv all the same.

Has anyone got Amazon Prime?

It's currently £20 off this weekend only, making an annual subscription just £59. (I believe that you can also cancel at any time during the year and get a pro-rata refund.) There's over 1,500 films and hundreds of tv series to choose from. About 70% of it is total crap but the other 30% looks watchable in some sense or other.

If anyone already has it, do you need to buy a fire stick to watch through your TV, or can you stream direct through a PC and connect the PC to a TV using a HDMI lead, does anyone know?

I've been watching a series called The Blacklist at the moment, anyone seen it before? It's a pretty good filler for the holes The Shield & The Wire left in my life when they ended, plus James Spader <3

It's currently £20 off this weekend only, making an annual subscription just £59. (I believe that you can also cancel at any time during the year and get a pro-rata refund.) There's over 1,500 films and hundreds of tv series to choose from. About 70% of it is total crap but the other 30% looks watchable in some sense or other.

If anyone already has it, do you need to buy a fire stick to watch through your TV, or can you stream direct through a PC and connect the PC to a TV using a HDMI lead, does anyone know?

It just works from a website on a computer - you don't need a stick (i guess that's just so you don't have to plug in physically)

Finished Narcos. Good series. I thought they covered too many years too quickly...could have gone into how the cartel operated in more depth..the us connections such as Max Mermlestein and others who played fairly significant roles ie George Jung but on the whole it was pretty good. It will be interesting to see how they portray the Cali cartel who operated on a whole other level and helped bring about Escobars demise. Worth watching. I think Mr Robot is up next for me. Heard lots of good things about it.

If you have a net tv just buy a fire stick and stick Kodi on it. Doubt there's much you won't be able to watch! No need for Prime...

Cheers both for the replies.

Yeah several people have mentioned Kodi. My TV is supposedly internet connected but it's slow as fuck, like going back to 2002, waiting ages for everything to 'buffer'. Plus I heard colleagues at work saying that KODI constantly needs updating. It would be the best option if it wasnt for those things, so cheers for the suggestion.

And cheers [MENTION=157308]Vurtual[/MENTION] That is good news, as it means if i do go ahead with Prime, then i can connect my PC to my TV and watch the Prime website at lightning fast speeds on a 40" screen. Only problem is im not sure if i can spare the £59 right now, I will have to check my finances. :\

Finished Narcos. Good series. I thought they covered too many years too quickly...could have gone into how the cartel operated in more depth..the us connections such as Max Mermlestein and others who played fairly significant roles ie George Jung but on the whole it was pretty good. It will be interesting to see how they portray the Cali cartel who operated on a whole other level and helped bring about Escobars demise. Worth watching. I think Mr Robot is up next for me. Heard lots of good things about it.

I'd say very different thing but I think Mr Robot was by far better than Narcos. Something completely new and fresh. I already can't wait for the second season, I've heard rumours what will be happening :D

I love watching Hollyoaks - most will probably be aware it is a five-day soap, based in Chester. Well there was a serial killer in the soap awhile back called Silas. He was rather intelligent n it waa exciting trying to get into the mind of this character n psycho analyse him. Well he camr back into it this week n really enjoyed watching Yes I confess that I love Holloyoaks n all me otger soaps.

Also has anyone been watching a drama called The Secret? It's on ITV 1 on Friday nights at 9 pm. The first episode showed a christian family living im a vicarage. The husband has an affair n is caught n made to confess. The second episode becomes quite sinister when the wife states she is leaving the husband n that she's going to inherit a lot of money off her father. I missed a but so not sure if the husband kills his wife's father but he does plot with his mistress to kill his wife n the mistress's husband.

I've not seen the third episode yet as I record stuff n don't watch TV programmes in real time. Have any of you been watching this n what do you think of it?

Evey

Last edited:
That was the only soap i ever properly got into and watched for years, Barry Grant, & Jimmy Corkhill with his disasterous cocaine addiction were legends. I wonder where they are now.

I miss Brookie...

Awh I loved Brookside. I am on tgeir Facebook page n bought the DVD they released of old episodes. Brilliant show.

That was the only soap i ever properly got into and watched for years, Barry Grant, & Jimmy Corkhill with his disasterous cocaine addiction were legends. I wonder where they are now.

Awh yes I loved Corkhill he was a cracking actor. He did some good storylines like of his Bipolar disorder n his drug addiction. Hos fued with Ron Dixon. His son's death to Heroin n his guilt over being responsibly for Tomy's death, tge son of Ron Dixon. I like Claire Sweeneu as Jimmy's daughter, Lindsey, n the story when they travelled n her ex had planted drugs in a teddy bear to set her n Mike Dixon, up.

Evey

Last edited:
I still can't understand why it was axed - perhaps it wasn't portraying a realistic image of people from Liverpool. Let's face it, that close was far too posh for most of the chav scum that lived there - should have been set on a high rise block in Toxteth ;)
[MENTION=97650]MDB[/MENTION], Barry was the gangster coke head, Jimmy was the unemployed smackhead with mental health issues, while Terry was just a fat dickhead (or did he become a pissartist at one point?).

And iirc, Kylie had a fuckin cracking arse...

Don't know I think they went OTT with the druggies n the gangstas. Bloody shame cause was ace. Most people remember Trevor J being buried under the patio by Mandy n Beth n the famous lesbian kiss being Margaret n Beth - shocked the nation at the time cause it was the first time something that had been televised. Brookie was known for its' controversial storylines.

Evey