European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good On TV? V. Saul Changed His Number

Not a Euro but The Expanse on SyFy (US network) is fucking amazing
Just been starting to binge on Orphan Black, digging it

I thought the jail drama Oz was one of the best dramas HBO has done in a long time and i watched it religiously when it was on TV weekly back around 2003 or so. A few months back i got every episode off the net and it took me about a month but i watched every episode from the first season to the last.

I watched the first two episodes of better call saul but i didn't get into it at all, Just wasn't my kind of show. That said i never got into breaking bad which is funny as i love smoking meth.

The best series i've seen made by netflix is easily Narcos. I wish they would hurry up and make the second season as i've heard they have had delays due to some of the actors of the first season being unavailable.

IF you have access to getting tv series's off the net i recommend getting the 80's British made drug/crime drama series "Traffik" It's six episodes and is what the American made 2000 film Traffic was based on. If you liked the American made Traffic you would really enjoy the British original.

For the last few years my most enjoyable American tv series to watch has been the original Law and order which had 20 seasons running from 1990 to 2010. Law and order was very well made with good story lines and twists in the plots that keep you interested, even if it isn't that accurate a legal drama(that's what my cousin in america told me, he studied law at college) .

I also like banged up abroad as it's called in the UK and Australia or locked up abroad as it's called in the US. Locked up abroad is based on real life stories of people who get into legal problems while overseas and as the saying goes fact is sometimes more interesting than fiction.

Word my man. We must have similar tastes. Oz was very good, I've seen season 1 need to watch the second.

Narco's was brilliant yeah. Better Call Saul I've only seen 2 episodes but it's 7/10 worth watching, better than the usual crap on TV.

Banged Up Abroad, Drugs Inc, Under the Gangsters Code, Drugland all good shows.

Been watching some Japanese Pro Wrestling too lately, fuck that shit is entertaining :D

I will look into "Traffik". Thanks mate.

Evad introduced me to Oz, gotta be one of my all time favourite TV shows.

Banged up abroad was always surprisingly comforting/inspiring to watch during a rattle.

Banged up abroad was always surprisingly comforting/inspiring to watch during a rattle.

Is that because no matter how hard the rattle is its better than shitting in the corner of a bankock cell made for 2 with 10 other people in it....:)

I just started watching 11/22/63 based on a stephen king book - quite good so far: i should like it as it's got time travel and nerdy JFK stuff - i just hope it doesn't drag forever about it.

Was meaning to read that one. Spotted it in the library a while back but not seen it since.

In viewings news, acquired The Man in the High Castle along with a few other series so got loads in to watch for now. Will report any worth reporting :sus:

I have watched Banged up Abroad a few times. Good show. Never stopped me engaging in nefarious activities in Thailand etc though..

No as i have no experience with methadone either taking it or clinically as a nurse. It is not prescribed in my experience for analgesia in Australia. Englandgz74 will however be able to give you advice.

Converting any opiate to and from methadone is very difficult even for pain management clinics as variations in metabolism of methadone and it's subsequent halflife vary tremendously from person to person.

Try googling an opiate conversion table but be aware that it's only a guideline and start with the smallest possible dose and work up. I remember being titrated from methadone to fentanyl was a total guessing game ....

Edit....methadone as well as being a mu agonist is also a NMDA agonist and so is particularly effective at treating pain of a neuropathic nature.
Thanks both of you! I would choose Done if I had the option, but I bet Oxy has its benefits.

Better Call Saul I'm finding only OK after a few episodes. After Breaking Bad its pretty poor.

Anyone got any good series for me? Preferably drugs/crime related and a bit of a thriller or adventure type scenario.

Better Call Saul I'm finding only OK after a few episodes. After Breaking Bad its pretty poor.

Anyone got any good series for me? Preferably drugs/crime related and a bit of a thriller or adventure type scenario.

Have you watched Boardwalk Empire, man? It maybe starts off a bit slow but it builds into something truly great, in my opinion. Plus, Steve Buscemi is just below Christopher Walken in my, "I will watch anything that they're in" list %)

I know it's a bit of a long-shot that you haven't watched it, but The Sopranos is still up there as one of my favourite series of all time.

Have you seen "Narcos" ?

New episode of peaky blinders was worth a look

Yeah i noticed that the 3rd series has started. I will get round to watching it. I missed the first few episodes of the 2nd series but otherwise ive beeen following the show right from the start of series 1, and I like it very much.

The soundtrack is amazing, sharing my admiration of Nick Cave and PJ Harvey. I've said this several times before but the series is so stylish and 'stylized' that it seems much more like a well made film, rather than a cheap 'made for TV' pile of shit, which this series definitely is not.

All the characters are so good, especially Cillain and his 'crew', Sam Neill, and the beatiful Irish 'undercover agent', and all the aristocratic horse owning beauties that fell for the handsome gangster in season 2.

Have you watched Boardwalk Empire, man? It maybe starts off a bit slow but it builds into something truly great, in my opinion. Plus, Steve Buscemi is just below Christopher Walken in my, "I will watch anything that they're in" list %)

I know it's a bit of a long-shot that you haven't watched it, but The Sopranos is still up there as one of my favourite series of all time.

I actually have and i enjoyed it. Maybe I should download it and watch from th beginning.

Yeah seen then Sopranos breh.

And thanks K yeah I have seen narcos, it's probably one of the best things going right now. Can't wait for season 2 to be released!:)

Yeah i found it pretty slow and boring apart from the Mike bits. People on twitter saying it could be better than breaking bad. fuck that, its nowhere close

Yeah i found it pretty slow and boring apart from the Mike bits. People on twitter saying it could be better than breaking bad. fuck that, its nowhere close

It has lost its sparkle for me. I didn't mind the first season, as I thought it was just setting everything up, but expected big things from the second season. They could have condensed the two into one so we'd have a bit more action/Mike in the second season.

I bailed on it after 2 and a half episodes from the first season.

Mr Robot is amazing. As good as sons or breaking bad.

If a TV program doesn't have at least 30 minutes of guns, drugs and explosions then I'm switching off...:)