• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What was the first research chemical that you tried and when?

simstim

Bluelighter
This should be interesting. What was your first research chemical and when??

Mine was 4-ho-dipt in 2003!! I absolutely loved it. I had a killer trip!! I've been guinea pigging barely legal drugs, with almost no history of use in humans or animals, and reporting my results ever since.

Last edited:
Ohh that's a hard one probably methylone when i was 16 which would have been in 2003

They sold it in the smart shops under the brand name "explosion" was a small vial with vanilla flavored fluid.

Ohh that's a hard one probably methylone when i was 16 which would have been in 2003

They sold it in the smart shops under the brand name "explosion" was a small vial with vanilla flavored fluid.
I remember reading about explosion. I paid $200 for a gram of methylone in 2004.

In 2010 (the last time I had some) it was only $14/g. I recently saw it advertised on the dark net at $7g in quantities of 100g.

It is truly amazing how big the rc scene got witnessing it all unfold online from the beginning.

Explosion_m%C3%A9thylone.jpg

Was 140 mg

Btw you can't post prices dude

The point of posting the prices was to illustrate how rc's have evolved from an expensive niche market into a much larger scale and commonplace product.

Hmm.... Even though I didn't consider it an RC at the time, I guess the original Ivory Wave "bath salts" (pre-2010) would count. (What was in there anyway? MDPV?)

The first that I tried under the name "research chemical" must've been either clonazolam or ethylphenidate.

I think it was 2c-i circa 2005-2006 but it's hard to remember now exactly which chem it was and when it was. Spent those first few months buying mostly 2c-x chems though I did also try amt and 5-meo-mipt. Such a wonderful time in my life, but then....

Then i bought methylone and MDPV in larger amounts (5-20g amount) with plans to only use a little bit every once in awhile (lol) this is when things started going downhill, finally completely utterly snapped (for the first time, and not the last time) in 2008. This was the worst time of my life.

Been working to find some kind of balance and kind of sort of have figured it out. Mostly.

Probably 2C-B in 2012. A friend of mine bought it from a dealer thinking it was LSD (even though it came in a gelcap), I knew it couldn't be acid but that particular dealer was kinda trustworthy so we decided to take it anyway along with 4 other friends. We all tripped balls and had an amazing experience, the dealer finally answered the phone the following day and told us what it was.
I'm pretty sure I tried some kind of NBOMe around that time as well, I didn't have access to test kits and was willing to take the risk (it was actually a pretty decent trip as well).

The first RC I actually bought myself was ethylphenidate in 2014, it was one of the most painful things I've ever snorted.
I took too much one night and it gave me a panic attack (also remember feeling anxious for like a week afterwards)... So yeah I ended up putting it away for a long time.
But I did give it another chance ~2 years later when I found out it had been scheduled and actually enjoyed it.

Probably 2C-B in 2012. A friend of mine bought it from a dealer thinking it was LSD (even though it came in a gelcap), I knew it couldn't be acid but that particular dealer was kinda trustworthy so we decided to take it anyway along with 4 other friends. We all tripped balls and had an amazing experience, the dealer finally answered the phone the following day and told us what it was.
I'm pretty sure I tried some kind of NBOMe around that time as well, I didn't have access to test kits and was willing to take the risk (it was actually a pretty decent trip as well).

The first RC I actually bought myself was ethylphenidate in 2014, it was one of the most painful things I've ever snorted.
I took too much one night and it gave me a panic attack (also remember feeling anxious for like a week afterwards)... So yeah I ended up putting it away for a long time.
But I did give it another chance ~2 years later when I found out it had been scheduled and actually enjoyed it.
2cb really isn't an "rc" like 2ci, being it's been researched pretty well

2cb really isn't an "rc" like 2ci, being it's been researched pretty well
Yeah fair enough, it isn't a true research chemical and has been around for a long time. I just tend to classify it as an "RC" just because it became popular again during the 2000s and because it's nowhere near as big as the "classics" (such as MDMA and LSD).

If phenibut can be considered RC then that (3yrs+)
But Bromazolam (XLI-268 )popped my cherry and I fell in love. (maybe three weeks lol)
:)
But as love; it cuts both ways and ya gotta keep ya head separate from da heart iirc

My first RC was 2C-E in 2006. I was a botanical entheogen only kinda guy until just before I got 2C-E.
I miserably failed to drink this huge glass full of slimey cactus sludge I made up. Wretched the hardest of my whole life (so far)
and completely failed to even drink enough of it to feel a damn thing. After that a powerful and pure hallucinogen active in the
tens of milligrams had way more appeal to me. And after 2C-E I was a full on psychonaut, for a while there I had to try whatever
I could get my hands on. 2011-2015 was my personal golden age. I filled four 160 page journals with trip reports back then.
I started a fifth one and got a quarter of the way through when my life seemed to change and I basically haven't written in at all
for the last 5 years.

I had a kilo of 4-mmc. I've never rolled so long or hard. I used to use 20g+ a week
I wish I had gotten on the meph train. I only tried it once. I'm still interested honestly.