• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What To do if you accidently go into precipitated withdrawals?

babygetoboy

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, just thought this could help out me and others maybe. Let's say you accidentally take your suboxone too early and get kicked into precipitated withdrawals, what should you do? Should you try to get another opiate and take it? Or should you take some more suboxone? What is your best option, and how long do precipitated withdrawals last?

no if you took suboxone depending on how much you took, dont do ANYTHING! it will go away as the bupe fills in your receptors. if your does was small enough or it doesnt go away within an hour take some more

Ya I believe this happened to me. The day after an oxy binge I dosed suboxone too early. Following that if I remember correctly about a half hour later I felt the wd symptoms starting. Quickly I was cramping up freezing and sweating etc. I got some roxi from a friend and promptly snorted the oxy. At first I felt better but that feeling didn't last too long. After about 2.5 maybe 3 hours I was out of it. Moral of the story as other dude said just ride it out and save your money.

Umm, there's really nothing you can do especially if you've taken suboxone or an antagonist. Just remind yourself it'll be over in an hour or less. Taking a sedative might help, but it might take a while for it to kick in depending on what you take and how you take it.

Umm, there's really nothing you can do especially if you've taken suboxone or an antagonist.

I don't understand. Wasn't the precipitated wd from dosing suboxone too early? I thought that's what we were talking about.

So the precipatated withdrawals only last an hour or so?

That's the most common belief but in my expirience it lasted longer. Either way, what difference does that make when you are powerless like everyone said. O my bad it doesn't say mod under my name so my personal expirience isn't believable, I forgot. I don't even know why I fucking bother anymore

So the precipatated withdrawals only last an hour or so?

yeah... so if you find yourself having diarrhea.. and you suddenly have to vomit mid-shit, and you stand up and lean over the toilet and throw up and the clenching causes you to shit out diarrhea all over the wall.... don't run in your car and throw up all over yourself and run into a gas station and overdraft your bank account covered in vomit then go all the way to south memphis and buy some dope and say its fake but then you realize the suboxone blocks anything you put in your body and you wasted all your money and dope all the while still throwing up on yourself in your car and shitting in your pants. not like this has ever happened to me tho... :|

I've only had precipitated withdrawals once, but it was severe. I had dosed heroin(5 bag shot, my normal shot) at 6:30AM. At 2:30PM I took 4mgs of suboxone because I had run out of money, and was preparing to go a few days on the bupe.
Within a few minutes of putting the half under my tongue, I began to sweat profusely, got extreme chills, and became extremely sick to my stomach. I had heard that the best course of action was to wait it out, even to take more suboxone. So I left work early, lay down on my bed, and decided to wait it out.
The next 4 hours were hellish. Extreme sickness. The symptoms I had earlier were still there, only magnified 10x, and tremors, aching bones, and the inability to keep still had joined up as well. Around 7PM I decided to try to take another 4mgs. It didn't really make anything markedly worse, but it certainly didn't help any. I again decided to try to ride it out.
I spent the night alternating between wishing for death, and sleeping that bizarre dopesick sleep, where you're half/two thirds awake, and dream the same thing over and over. By 8AM I couldn't take it anymore. I called a friend of mine and begged her for enough cash to buy half a bundle. I knew it wouldn't get me high, but I just hoped it would take away my symptoms. Within seconds of shooting up I began to feel better, and within a minute or two I felt normal. Not high, at all, just normal.

The point of me telling this story is that just like a lot of other drugs/pharmaceuticals, suboxone and dope affect everyone differently. A few junkie friends of mine have told me that once they make the mistake of taking bupe too soon after their last shot, for them there is nothing they can do but ride it out. That's why I tried it in the first place.
If you're as miserable as I was, I'd give the dope a chance. It might help and if it doesn't, all you've wasted is a shots worth of cash. I know that's a lot sometimes but it's better than being in the throes of dopesickness IMO.

yeah... so if you find yourself having diarrhea.. and you suddenly have to vomit mid-shit, and you stand up and lean over the toilet and throw up and the clenching causes you to shit out diarrhea all over the wall
Heh, a friend of mine did something similar once. The only difference was he pulled his pants up. So instead of painting the wall, he just shat his pants. Luckily, I don't usually have to puke, unless I'm really, really sick, like you were(obviously.)
I've got another friend that gets the sneezes and runny nose real bad. Sometimes when her nose is running, and it runs down the back of her throat, it causes her to wretch and/or projectile vomit across the room.
For those of you thinking about trying dope. Go for it!! The lifestyle is so much fun. Especially when you run out of money....:|

I'm in a bad situation folks. I'd been taking Fent patches and wore 100 mcg for 3 days and chewed on (actually shared) two 50mcg patches. It's been 60 hours since I spit out my last fent patch after chewing it for 2 hours. I'm scared to death to dose my suboxone because the last time I switched from Fent to sub at the 28 hour mark, taking 2 mg of Suboxone, and I was in a 4 hour hell. Within 15 min, I got extremely anxious, sweats, shivers, the shits and kicked my legs for 4 solid hours. Even after all the hell my body went through, It took another 24hrs to feel half-way decent. So here I sit, 60 hours after my last bit of Fent (short acting opiate) too scared to take my subs. I don't feel too sick and I would be sick by now. My dose was much lower than normal, so maybe that's why the sickness hasn't gotten it's grip on me. Damn, I'm scared. I really DON'T want to go thru 4 hours of hell and then the 24 hour recovery period. I have NEVER kicked my legs thru any withdrawal in my life. I wanted to get on this computer but I was just tooooo sick that day. So I thought I'd get some advice on this.
Any suggestions, esp. with how long Fent takes to filter through your skin. I know it's one of the most short acting opiates and should be out of my system by 60 hours, but I'm just scared to death to get that sick.
To the OP: Sorry to hijack your thread. At least you know what precip. wd is all about.
Wish Hammilton or JC was around.

^

just wait until you start getting chills and sweats (usually the first sign of wd) and then dose.

Weird everyone that has gone through it had precipitated wd longer than an hour, well everyone in here. Makes me wonder why its common knowledge that it's supposed to last about an hour around here. Perhaps it has to do with the dose you take of bupe or even your doc. Maybe it's a combination of he 2.

Dude with the fent, I wholeheartedly agree with Ohline. For me its just as soon as my eyes start to water but YMMV. I'd say you're good at 60 hours but good luck man.

knowing when to take suboxone can be tricky. Especially since difference opioids have different half lives and you can never be sure that your dope is clean of all other opioids.

Good read for those about to start sub treatment:
http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_induction_flow_sheet.pdf

I went through p/w once. I believe it's cause my dope was mixed with methadone or something. I waited 28 hours and started feeling bad so I thought I was in the clear. Took 2mg and after a while started to feel worse and worse. Took another 2mg 30 minutes later, then another 2mg. 4 hours passed and I wasn't feeling any better, possibly worse with time. I truly felt so bad that I contemplated suicide. I told my husband that if he doesn't get me any dope right now, I will kill myself when he goes to sleep (he was fine at the time cuz we were doing the switching from dope to sub at different times in case we need to care for the other). I tried waiting it out but it was just so horrible.

So I went to get some heroin at 1am and was lucky enough to find it. I had to do double my regular amount but it did work and 10-15 minutes later I was fine. Had so much powder in my nose I thought I was going to vomit. But I was so f'n happy.

So basically u have to choices when in p/w:
1. wait it out.
2. do your opioid of choice, but in a higher amount than u usually do.

Sometimes p/w lasts an hour or so, but I heard of it lasting days. If u can bear it then good for you, u'll have to switch to bupe anyways at some point.

But so people are clear on this, taking something like heroin when in p/w does help and will probably not kill you. You have to take an amount which will clear out the bupe from your receptors first. Bupe has a higher affinity for your receptors than dope so u need to take more dope than usual. But heroin will help or stop the p/w.

Hey everyone, just thought this could help out me and others maybe. Let's say you accidentally take your suboxone too early and get kicked into precipitated withdrawals, what should you do? Should you try to get another opiate and take it? Or should you take some more suboxone? What is your best option, and how long do precipitated withdrawals last?

If you precipitate w/ds too early, you can do the logical choice, which would be to rude it out, or you can overdrug yourself to blast the suboxone off the receptors. Option #2 would be very retarded to do, and might kill ya.

That's the most common belief but in my expirience it lasted longer. Either way, what difference does that make when you are powerless like everyone said. O my bad it doesn't say mod under my name so my personal expirience isn't believable, I forgot. I don't even know why I fucking bother anymore

Well when my friend and I got them on separate occassions, it was from naltrexone, not suboxone, so idk if that makes a difference, but his lasted about 14 hours...8 hours really horrible, and mine last around 4 hours really bad and 8 hours total.

I tried taking 300 mg of seroquel so I could just sleep through it but this did NOT work. I ended terribly--I got the kicks, so I couldn't sit still, but the seroquel made me incredibly uncoordinated, so I spend those hours with jelly legs. Got quite a few bumps, bruises, and scraps.

The night before my Suboxone appointment, I had my last shot of dope at 11:00 P.M. My habit was such that I would start withdrawing if I went 12 hours without a shot.

My appointment was for 3:00 P.M. the next day. By 4:15 P.M., I had 4mg under my tongue. I sat in the parking lot for about 30 minutes waiting for relief. Instead, I started feeling worse. It was a 30 minute drive home. I got home and was just feeling incredibly shitty. I was laying in bed by about 5:30 P.M. watching T.V., when all of a sudden it was as if a blanket had been taken off of me, removing all withdrawals with it. I started to feel better by the minute, and eventually was even pretty high.

So, in my case, I waited about 17 hours between Heroin and Suboxone, and my withdrawals lasted about one hour.

thats alot of seroquel best stikc to under 100mg i doesn't have that brain smashed zombie feeling if u do that. i heard of people taking 900mg a day for psycho's

I've only had precipitated withdrawals once, but it was severe. I had dosed heroin(5 bag shot, my normal shot) at 6:30AM. At 2:30PM I took 4mgs of suboxone because I had run out of money, and was preparing to go a few days on the bupe.
Within a few minutes of putting the half under my tongue, I began to sweat profusely, got extreme chills, and became extremely sick to my stomach. I had heard that the best course of action was to wait it out, even to take more suboxone. So I left work early, lay down on my bed, and decided to wait it out.
The next 4 hours were hellish. Extreme sickness. The symptoms I had earlier were still there, only magnified 10x, and tremors, aching bones, and the inability to keep still had joined up as well. Around 7PM I decided to try to take another 4mgs. It didn't really make anything markedly worse, but it certainly didn't help any. I again decided to try to ride it out.
I spent the night alternating between wishing for death, and sleeping that bizarre dopesick sleep, where you're half/two thirds awake, and dream the same thing over and over. By 8AM I couldn't take it anymore. I called a friend of mine and begged her for enough cash to buy half a bundle. I knew it wouldn't get me high, but I just hoped it would take away my symptoms. Within seconds of shooting up I began to feel better, and within a minute or two I felt normal. Not high, at all, just normal.

The point of me telling this story is that just like a lot of other drugs/pharmaceuticals, suboxone and dope affect everyone differently. A few junkie friends of mine have told me that once they make the mistake of taking bupe too soon after their last shot, for them there is nothing they can do but ride it out. That's why I tried it in the first place.
If you're as miserable as I was, I'd give the dope a chance. It might help and if it doesn't, all you've wasted is a shots worth of cash. I know that's a lot sometimes but it's better than being in the throes of dopesickness IMO.

I 2nd that i had it too sooon after having opiates and it made the withdrawals much worse and quicker hell than normal. but with only small amount i mean i had some codeine the night before and if u have ya bupe slowly not going on 2mg and wait for the bupe to flush out other opiates u can have subutex or suboxone straight away after opiates