• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What To do if you accidently go into precipitated withdrawals?

I've always found that a bag of H gets rid of precipitated WD.

It won't get you high - but it'll make you feel better.

methadone to subs

I switched from methadone to subs and had a terrible p/w. I took my first dose of subs probably about 48 hours after taking my last methadone dose of 40mg under a doctors supervision. Within an hour I was feeling like I was in a bad trip. And this went on for about 3 days obviously getting better gradually but still pretty bad. Just a warning if you're thinking of doing this. ALthough I look at it like it condensed the pain of coming off meth slowly over a year into 3 days.

^Shit. :/

Your not suppossed to switch from meth to subs unless your on 30mg or less.

Sounds fucking horrible.

Oh well, this morning, being 72+ hours after fentanyl fun, I decided to take the 4mg dose of subs. So far, so good. Just a little jittery. Last time this happened, I was already in bed. I guess my fent dose was so much lower and the wd's never got that severe. Dunno? I will update you guys later because it is important to gather information for others so they won't do the same foolishness and end up sick on these suboxones. It's been 50 min. I guess I'm in the clear. ..............And for most people I think precip. wd lasts AT LEAST 4 HOURS........

Okay, its now 5 p.m. where I live and I took the other half suboxone. Looks like I was in the clear and won't have any PWD's. It's been about four hours since my initial sub dose of 4mg after waiting 72 hours since I tore off and chewed my last 50mcg patch. I was so scared to go through that HELL again that I was going to wait until I was sick enough to take the sub. Well, I never got sick sick, so I was concerned about dosing early. Feel okay now. Not great, but okay.

if I had gone that long after dosing fent without feeling really sick, I woulda said screw the suboxone and just kept going and getting clean without hopping back on suboxone

I've always found that a bag of H gets rid of precipitated WD.

It won't get you high - but it'll make you feel better.

And what if any dose of H doesn't even get you high anymore? And I mean a feeling of sedation or nodding. I've never gotten any euphoria from it because my brain is so depleted. If I take a gram plus of quality dope I could possibly get some effect but afterwards I'll just start crying "because my brain is so depleted2". Just like suboxones don't work anymore on me. But that's normal.

Heh, a friend of mine did something similar once. The only difference was he pulled his pants up. So instead of painting the wall, he just shat his pants. Luckily, I don't usually have to puke, unless I'm really, really sick, like you were(obviously.)
I've got another friend that gets the sneezes and runny nose real bad. Sometimes when her nose is running, and it runs down the back of her throat, it causes her to wretch and/or projectile vomit across the room.
For those of you thinking about trying dope. Go for it!! The lifestyle is so much fun. Especially when you run out of money....:|

*laughs*

*laughs slowly turn to sobs...* :(

if I had gone that long after dosing fent without feeling really sick, I woulda said screw the suboxone and just kept going and getting clean without hopping back on suboxone
I'm on Suboxonet maintenance and really wouldn't stay clean for long after quitting. Already tried. Many times.:p

yeah... so if you find yourself having diarrhea.. and you suddenly have to vomit mid-shit, and you stand up and lean over the toilet and throw up and the clenching causes you to shit out diarrhea all over the wall.... don't run in your car and throw up all over yourself and run into a gas station and overdraft your bank account covered in vomit then go all the way to south memphis and buy some dope and say its fake but then you realize the suboxone blocks anything you put in your body and you wasted all your money and dope all the while still throwing up on yourself in your car and shitting in your pants. not like this has ever happened to me tho... :|

Oh my fuck! That is quite possibly the single funniest post I've ever read on here. Don't get me wrong, you have my sympathy because I've been through P/W too, but I think that's what makes it so hilarious to me... because I can totally imagine that.

^ eeeew

The ONLY time I had precipitated w/d's was RIGHT BEFORE A VERY IMPORTANT job interview... needless to say, I didnt get the job...

I had shot two bags of shitty dope at 6pm the night before and shot .25mg suboxone at 11am the next day.... shitty feeling for the next four hours....

btw... the interview was at 1

This may be weird but one time i took some suboxone after a IV coke binge...less than an hour later i start vomitting uncontrollablly, pouring sweat all over, extremely cold, diarrhea...lasted about 2 or 3 hours of me laying in a ball on my bed. idk wtf happened.

I finally figured out that to avoid precipitated withdrawal, you MUST lower your dosage on whatever drug (opiate) you take. That's the most important. I went from IV using to snorting dope and used as little as I could. Less and less each time. The final morning I woke up, I'm hacking up bile from my stomach. Very bad withdrawal. I was scared to take the suboxone because of previous encounters where I didn't wait 12 hrs and I was using a 20 dollar bag every day sometimes 40 dollar bags. And I'm sure you say to yourself that's really not that much. But when you come from Baltimore, MD, the stuff you're getting is better than ANYWHERE else in the US. And the more potent it is, the harder it is to kick. So anyway, I'm ill as ever and I take a small piece of 8mg suboxone, put it under my tongue and after 20 min, I'm feeling A LOT better. And that was just this morning this all happened. I'm finally confident that I can keep away from this awful stuff and get my life back.

This thread has been very informative. Thanks for all the stories.

And T-Bone good to hear.I wish you luck!

I finally figured out that to avoid precipitated withdrawal, you MUST lower your dosage on whatever drug (opiate) you take.

I agree with that. I will say my experience anytime i have to come back to the loved-hated subuxone

i had finished my fentanyl and received some opium, then the opium finished on saturday. As opium has a long half life as methadone has, i was scared about the precipitated WD. So, instead of taking subuxone sunday, i did take some codeine , wich has a short half life, i took big doses to avoid any bad wd feeling, even that, i didnt felt perfect

so: saturday morning: last opium day for a while

sunday: codeine, morning and afternoon ( sometimes i use H , cause also short half life, but with H is usual here to have a low quality last years)

monday morning: 1 mg of subuxone snorted. All my skin went like i have errg dont know the name in english, is that WD skin, i guess you can know what i mean. Then, after some half an hour, i snorted on mg more..it got a bit better. When i arrived to 4 mg i was just OK, not any WD syntom. The addict that live inside me told me it would be great to do more subuxone, so i finished at night with 7 mg inside my bodie, and with the addict that lives inside me very happy smoking a joint on the sofa

So, if precipitated WD appears, and this precipitated WD is little, doing more subuxone works for me ( this is just my experience, im not a doctor)

I've only had precipitated withdrawals once, but it was severe. I had dosed heroin(5 bag shot, my normal shot) at 6:30AM. At 2:30PM I took 4mgs of suboxone because I had run out of money, and was preparing to go a few days on the bupe.
Within a few minutes of putting the half under my tongue, I began to sweat profusely, got extreme chills, and became extremely sick to my stomach. I had heard that the best course of action was to wait it out, even to take more suboxone. So I left work early, lay down on my bed, and decided to wait it out.
The next 4 hours were hellish. Extreme sickness. The symptoms I had earlier were still there, only magnified 10x, and tremors, aching bones, and the inability to keep still had joined up as well. Around 7PM I decided to try to take another 4mgs. It didn't really make anything markedly worse, but it certainly didn't help any. I again decided to try to ride it out.
I spent the night alternating between wishing for death, and sleeping that bizarre dopesick sleep, where you're half/two thirds awake, and dream the same thing over and over. By 8AM I couldn't take it anymore. I called a friend of mine and begged her for enough cash to buy half a bundle. I knew it wouldn't get me high, but I just hoped it would take away my symptoms. Within seconds of shooting up I began to feel better, and within a minute or two I felt normal. Not high, at all, just normal.

The point of me telling this story is that just like a lot of other drugs/pharmaceuticals, suboxone and dope affect everyone differently. A few junkie friends of mine have told me that once they make the mistake of taking bupe too soon after their last shot, for them there is nothing they can do but ride it out. That's why I tried it in the first place.
If you're as miserable as I was, I'd give the dope a chance. It might help and if it doesn't, all you've wasted is a shots worth of cash. I know that's a lot sometimes but it's better than being in the throes of dopesickness IMO.

Extremely well put. Described my experience to a T. Once you know that he'll of twitching uncontrollably to the point of painful madness and contemplating suicide as a preferred result to the hell you are currently experiencing, you'll do anything to prevent it from happening again...well besides quitting. I was a relative noob when it happened to me and didn't really understand what was happening so I went to the ER. After about 2 hours of twitching so badly they had to lower the bed because I was having trouble staying on it and they didn't want me to fall too far if I did fall, they gave me methadone and sent me up to detox #1 of what has now been 4 total. #whenisenoughenough

So the precipatated withdrawals only last an hour or so?

in my personal experience, they do not last very long - they only last for as long as it takes for your receptors to be saturated with the new opioid(bupe) which does not take very long.

Why not just suffer for 3-6 days and stop relying on this poison to live.. It's not like benzos or alcohol where you could die.

Im on 80mg of methadone and Im wondering how long I should stop taking it before switching over to subs.

I was on subs for 3 years from 2011 until april 2014 when I switched over to methadone because I felt like crap all the time (I think because I was IVing my subs for the last year or so)

but not having a vehicle means every morning I have to jump through hoops to find a ride to my clinic before 9am, and on thursday I gotta sit through a 2 hour group in a stuffy room with 10 other addicts and they dont dose us until afterwards.

needless to say Im fed up and would LOVE to switch back to suboxone for a bunch of reasons. But now im seeing that most people are saying I have to be on 30mg or less for the switch to be comfortable. FUCK

would it be better for me to stop taking methadone all together, and go back to using short acting opiates for a little bit, or should I have my clinic taper me down 50mg (ugh) to 30mg and then wait 72 hours with nothing before switching to sub.

anyone with experience from going from a high dose of methadone (80+mg) to suboxone comfortably without experiencing PW?

I've put myself into PW a few times when switching from IV heroin to IV suboxone years ago and it was a 3 day long nightmare before I felt almost any relief at all and I'd really like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!!