• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What To do if you accidently go into precipitated withdrawals?

Hey joeburden, just wondering how it was for you to go from the Sub to done' as it could possibly be in my future(docs wanting to taper me, I relaspe every month anyway.) Like, does 30-40mg done' feel like an 8mg strip, or 2mg IV'd, since you said you Iv'd it..I was actually really scared I was gnna go in P/W I waited extactly 12 hours and it always worries me when I do it that soon, but I've never had a problem, and felt kinda chilly and my pupils were bigger. Once I tooke the strip I felt better in an hour and actually got a good glow/buzz which was wierd...guese because I haven't had any for a week(longest I've been without). I had to get back on it ASAP, usually my relaspes last 2-3(and I don't really consider that relaspe but, more like I just want to) but this one was like I couldn't and didn't wanna stop feeling gooood this time. 30 Roxies(I'd never seen these before they were HUGE and just had a # on them 244 or something like that, a bitch to prep or snort), 10 Perocets, and 10 Norcos...I'm el-broco now. This is why I am considering Methadone, I wouldn't really have a choice to relaspe...I would but it wouldn't be worth it at all.

yeah I actually felt good on 30mg of methadone when I first switched from sub, I think its because its a full agonist and I was so used to being on a partial (subs) but yeah 30mg of methadone was fine compared to my 4mg IV sub habit at the time, so you should be fine. But being on methadone doesnt necessarily mean that you wont relapse, Ive done heroin almost every day since my induction on methadone which is why I want to switch back to subs because I hate myself when Im doing H, so be careful dont wind up like me

Im wondering when to take my suboxone..I have been on 1-2mg daily for years(~4yrs).
I started takingcetyl fentanyl lastnight and carried on til today.so I'm not sure how long that extra potent,super short acting opiate stays in the system for..so I'm goung to take a last dose maybe no later than 12 or 1am tonight....around what time tomorrow can I takrle my suboxone??

Please I really need to know.I don't want to be thrown into precipitated withdrawls at all.

If anybody knows a timeframe for how long acetylfentanyl stays in ur body and when it will be clear and safe to take my suboxone again PLEASE let me know..thanks guys

I'm not sure QuirKynai, but it shouldn't be long. Fent doesn't last long at all, and has a really short half life no matter if its an anougluge or regular fent. I would just wait until you start feeling shitty, pupils dialated..Know it's completely different drugs but I have been fine just 12 hours later after coming off an Oxy/Hydro run and then taking the Subs. Although just in case, I usually wait a couple hours over 12 hours, like 14-16, but have been completly fine at the 12 hour mark also.

If u go threw the pre w/ds just dose ur opiate of choice it works I looked all over to see if I could and I couldn't find info online most say it doesn't do anything if u do but it did. I did only take one dose of subs after 12 hours of waiting which is why I got pre w/ds so bad but I took some of what I was doing before and felt fine so just do it those kind of withdrawals is the worst pain I've ever felt and it lasted hours before I went and got dope to feel better cause I didn't think it works but it does so just do it

Weird everyone that has gone through it had precipitated wd longer than an hour, well everyone in here. Makes me wonder why its common knowledge that it's supposed to last about an hour around here. Perhaps it has to do with the dose you take of bupe or even your doc. Maybe it's a combination of he 2.

Dude with the fent, I wholeheartedly agree with Ohline. For me its just as soon as my eyes start to water but YMMV. I'd say you're good at 60 hours but good luck man.

I have been using Dilaudid intravenously for about 6 months this time around, 16-32 mg per day on average. I have been prescribed Subutex and then Suboxone for about 2 months and have been experimenting with how to use it safely and timing it right. This afternoon I injected half of an 8/2 mg Suboxone about 2 hours after a very small dose of Dilaudid (used left over cottons from previous injections) and about 45 seconds went by before I knew something was wrong. I started feeling very warm all over, and began sweating profusely. I had other intestinal disturbances as well as goose skin and shakes. This was a very intense feeling that lasted about 15 minutes before it subsided. It's been about 45 minutes now since I took the Sub and I'm feeling a little better. There is no more intense sweats or anything else. I feel pretty normal at this point.

So I believe it depends largely on the person and of course your dosing, but I can attest to the idea of precipitated withdrawals not necessarily lasting all that long. I just laid down with a towel to wipe my sweat and rode it out; I was afraid to take anything, whether it be more Suboxone or any other opiate.

I don't understand. Wasn't the precipitated wd from dosing suboxone too early? I thought that's what we were talking about.

Worst day of my life..... Up until now.
I switched employers and had to travel about 2 hours away from home. Could not get hooked up with any H before I left.
I did have 6 tabs, so I gobbled them down and got on the road.
I arrive at coporate (Had subs in my wallet) the couple of subs in my wallet were for emergency.
the short day meeting turned into an overnight meeting.
Stepped away to the bathroom took sub, washed my hands and went back to the meeting.
boy did I feel them coming on. Sweats, hot/cold fLashes diarrhea just general misery.
Then we had to go to group dinner. About 6 hours after I had the tabs, the sub settled in and I started to feel better.
Skin dried up got thinking right, life was good. Now after a weekend bender I wait 24 hours and take my subs.

Precips blow ass, that's crazy that you were able to function in public like that. To be honest it doesn't last "All day". I remember one morning I was getting ready to go to work and had no heroin, used the end of it the night before. So I took ~4mg sub, got precips, laid down shaking and generally miserable. Passed out and woke up around noon feeling like I simply took a sub like normal.

Why not just suffer for 3-6 days and stop relying on this poison to live.. It's not like benzos or alcohol where you could die.

If it was that simple, thats what everyone would do, dummy. It doesn't just last 3-6 days dude. Yeah that's the worst of the physical part, but there's a long mental/physical battle to fight after that.

Anyway, I found that the longer you wait to take a suboxone, the less the p/w's are. I try to wait as long as I can stand it, to the point of basically already being in a bit of withdrawal. If I'm not feeling like shit yet, I don't take a sub.

Why not just suffer for 3-6 days and stop relying on this poison to live.. It's not like benzos or alcohol where you could die.

If it was that simple, thats what everyone would do, dummy. It doesn't just last 3-6 days dude. Yeah that's the worst of the physical part, but there's a long mental/physical battle to fight after that.

Anyway, I found that the longer you wait to take a suboxone, the less the p/w's are. I try to wait as long as I can stand it, to the point of basically already being in a bit of withdrawal. If I'm not feeling like shit yet, I don't take a sub.

I'm ill EVERY TIME I take those subs however long I wait, how much I do. In the end I hallucinate and hear voices, then I end up drinking loads of methadone. Why is this happening to me??? It doesn't matter how sick I am the subs make me worse.

I'm ill EVERY TIME I take those subs however long I wait, how much I do. In the end I hallucinate and hear voices, then I end up drinking loads of methadone. Why is this happening to me??? It doesn't matter how sick I am the subs make me worse.

just exactly how long do you wait til u take subs?
you could be one of those people with a super low clearance wait and that could be why you keep going into wd's?

either that or you're just unlucky and should stick with the 'done

I've gone into precipitated withdrawal many times. I was on subs for 2 years while continuing to use heroin whenever I could afford it. When I didn't have money (which was most of the time), I'd start taking the subs again.

Every time I would switch from dope to subs, I would go through precipitated withdrawal. For me, it only ever lasted 30 min - 1 hour, so it wasn't worth it to wait an entire day (and be in withdrawal) before taking the subs. I would usually do my last shot of dope at night before going to sleep, and then take a sub first thing in the morning.

In my experience, the precipitated withdrawal is not actually any worse than the normal withdrawal would have been. The precipitated withdrawal was only really bad when I had been using a lot of heroin. If I had only been using for a day or two, the precipitated withdrawal wouldn't be as bad.

The difference is that normal withdrawal comes on slowly, whereas with precipitated withdrawal, you're experiencing a sudden change from being buzzed to being in intense withdrawal. It is this sudden change that makes it seem like precipitated withdrawal is more intense.

In my case, the precipitated withdrawal would always go away in less than an hour, when the buprenorphine filled my opiate receptors. I would feel shitty for about 30 minutes - 1 hour, and then I would start to feel better (i.e. how I would normally feel on Suboxone).

Also, FYI, when I was taking the Suboxone films, they would usually take 30 minutes - 1 hour to kick in REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT I HAD TAKEN OPIATES RECENTLY. That's just how long it took for the bupe to fill my receptors. When I switched from the films to the tablets, it would kick in faster. I don't remember ever having a bad case of precipitated withdrawal when I was on the tablets (as opposed to the films), even when I would take them after using heroin.

^Alot of experience with going back and forth between street dope and subs. What you're saying is exactly true, alot of times I wouldn't even notice the precipitated withdrawal just because, I couldn't fucking wait to pick up dope, and while waiting the anticipation would make my WD's kick in 10x worse anyway, so would end up shooting a small amount of sub to kind of quell my anxiety while waiting for the dealer, and in a way the precipitated wd was better than that anticipation anxiety of waiting for the number to call back.

Well it does ring true, because that's a true statement, perhaps in a time of despair... I dunno. It took many times of thinking that, for me to stop, and I'm still not sure what led me to cut down my usage... Just getting tired of it, I guess. Mostly self-medicating for psychological rather than physical issues (which became abundant with daily use of h/subs anyway..) stil ldealing with it, still have the urge to call every day but it's just not worth it monetarily wise vs the effort / effect, and not only that but all the potential legal trouble it can bring with it... fuck that.

I've been having a combo of tobacco/small amounts of alcohol throughout the day, and also have clonazepam 0.5mg... it is good for during the day but I prefer to have it with alcohol because then I actually get a relaxed effect like I would want. Later in the day I've been having nitrous, weed... more tobacco... of course multiple espressos throughout the day. I swear sometimes I can feel an opiate-like rush with the weed and nitrous... if anything its better it just opens me up in the same way but doesn't feel that it shuts down my body... kind of getting off topic here but, thats what works for me so far. But honestly it's too many different types of drugs throughout the day, I need to at least cut down something.

Are PW from naltrexone stronger than PW from taking subutex too early? (assuming same habit in both cases)

I would assume thery're a whole lot worse. There's a chance they won't happen at all with buprenorphine, if you were not that heavily dependent.

IOW, if you're at a opioid level 10 and take buprenorphine, it could kick you down to whatever the ceiling is, call it a 5. If you're at a 4 instead, it could raise you to 5, and you feel a hint of a high even.

But naltrexone will knock everything out and send you to zero, fast. I imagine you don't have to be all that dependent and it'll still hurt.