• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What line would you never cross?

Solid thread.

Sadly I don't seem to have very many boundaries in regards to drug-use, as was out to experience as much as possible.

Used to use speed/xtc/alcohol constantly at work (bartending), and would go on a speed binge before exams to cram the material and then do a line in the exam hall toilets to get the ball rolling and so as not to crash. When addicted to codeine/dihyrocodeine it was even worse. Wouldn't think twice about using it before family events, exams, during work, doing an important speech (silly move), driving etc. When you've got a significant tolerance for something you can pretty much use it anywhere and everywhere and 99% of people are none the wiser. It only seems to be people who know you really well and can pick up on the subtle differences that begin to ask questions.

One line I seem to regret crossing is introducing friends to drugs. When you first start taking xtc/speed you obviously think it's the beez-neez and don't want to take it alone, so I introduced 5 good friends to it (most I know for sure wouldn't have touched drugs otherwise).

I guess the ONLY line I've ever drawn was at heroin after reading that book 'Candy' (Luke Davies) never wanted to potentially go through such a nightmare.

Other lines I would hypothetically not cross: using drugs around kids, using hard drugs if I have kids, taking drugs while doing a professional job, and smoking crack.

Last edited:
lines i dont want to cross are

IV'ing
getting addicted to meth/heroin
causing any more trauma for my family because of my drug use

^@ AminoAcid- yeah that's a really fucked up book.

Great point about introducing friends to things. I feel that way about certain research chems.

needles and veins. geez. 8o fuck that.

i'm flat out giving blood, but strangely don't mind the dentist.

May I be the dissenting judge here, and not to piss on people with a moral superiority or to troll the thread however......

I don't have lines.

I've said i don't want to hurt people but I know my actions hurt plenty of people (99% of it unintentionally). Hell my lifestyle alone is destroying the planet, along with the billion other people in the western world. Sure I don't intentionally go out bashing people for drugs but equally I give my money to some really bad people who have no problem hurting, killing or worse, those who threaten their operation. I probably wouldn't give money to Neo Nazis but at the sametime I'm more than happy to buy heroin that has resulted in the death of people in the production, transport and security of the operation involved to get it from field to my arm. I'd say this applies to everyone who buys drugs from the professional blackmarket (as opposed to the amateurs/do it yourself).

See i could say I wouldn't whore myself out for drugs but thinking back to my younger years I used to have no problems in providing someone company (or more) in return for them getting me high.....(just a matter of looking at it). Certainly the idea of whoring myself out professionally isn't a new one.

I thought i wouldn't steal but I don't mind theft on the basis of a) getting away with and b) knowing that the person I was stealing from had plenty, I'd do it. Sharing needles. hmmm sadly i've done that, by accident. Didnt want that to happen but hey it did and that was with all of the best intentions. I can say that I won't cross that line but hey that's what I said last time.

ROEs, well I've done them all and plus some and find the addiction isn't in the ROE but in the person and their brain chemistry. Some people have no addiction from IV heroin and bam a decade later there off and flying shooting with the best. Which leads me to my next point. Drugs are drugs as with computing gaming, eating, stamp collecting. Some drugs are a little more immediate in their effect but the one guarantee to addiction isn't the drug you take but your brain chemistry. Nothing more nothing else.

Environment, usually in neonatal stages and and genetics dictate our susceptibility to addiction. Behaviour and or the actual drug are/is simply a mechanism to force the flood of certain neurotransmitters in our brains where we are currently lacking.

I have no judgement for anyone who crosses a supposed line in order to get high. They, we are just sick people (addicts that is, as opposed to people who can take drugs and not get addicted to them).

I blame the society that creates monsters who do truly bad things to get high. It shouldn't be that hard to scratch that itch but it is.

Too bad Mr Plod and his trusty nightstick feel differently to you on that one...

MR PLOD CAN GO FU......consult his superiour officers/lawyers,pick one of a dozen reasons to hold/arrest me, leaving me with the putrid taste of police semen between my teeth.

great post, chugs. frank and honest.
i often think of our society as an addict who has gone way past the point of being in control of their consumption. so many of the harms of 'drug addiction' - and the social costs of addicts on the community - are caused by prohibition.

OK. lines NOT crossed by me and my drugz..

1. Selling of ones GF to pay for habitz
2. Selling anything you worked really hard to get for habitz
3. Stealing others stuff for habitz

Many lines I would have never crossed BUT still dived right on over..

1. Iv'ing (while ago now)
2. Getting a habit

Thought I was always to smart to get into trouble with the hard drugs.

I gotta agree with chugs in theory.

But there is one line I don't want to cross, and that's into physical dependance on a "hard" drug. I can't imagine losing that final thread of freedom of choice, whereby I HAVE to get high just to function (rather than WANT to get high because i'm psychologically addicted.)

It's happened with Oxy but thank god I couldn't get access to anymore, otherwise I would have crossed that line for sure.

Edit: ^Not sure if you're just joking 5ativ4, but sellin of GF? Lol whutt?! 8o

May I be the dissenting judge here, and not to piss on people with a moral superiority or to troll the thread however......

I don't have lines.

I've said i don't want to hurt people but I know my actions hurt plenty of people (99% of it unintentionally). Hell my lifestyle alone is destroying the planet, along with the billion other people in the western world. Sure I don't intentionally go out bashing people for drugs but equally I give my money to some really bad people who have no problem hurting, killing or worse, those who threaten their operation. I probably wouldn't give money to Neo Nazis but at the sametime I'm more than happy to buy heroin that has resulted in the death of people in the production, transport and security of the operation involved to get it from field to my arm. I'd say this applies to everyone who buys drugs from the professional blackmarket (as opposed to the amateurs/do it yourself).

See i could say I wouldn't whore myself out for drugs but thinking back to my younger years I used to have no problems in providing someone company (or more) in return for them getting me high.....(just a matter of looking at it). Certainly the idea of whoring myself out professionally isn't a new one.

I thought i wouldn't steal but I don't mind theft on the basis of a) getting away with and b) knowing that the person I was stealing from had plenty, I'd do it. Sharing needles. hmmm sadly i've done that, by accident. Didnt want that to happen but hey it did and that was with all of the best intentions. I can say that I won't cross that line but hey that's what I said last time.

ROEs, well I've done them all and plus some and find the addiction isn't in the ROE but in the person and their brain chemistry. Some people have no addiction from IV heroin and bam a decade later there off and flying shooting with the best. Which leads me to my next point. Drugs are drugs as with computing gaming, eating, stamp collecting. Some drugs are a little more immediate in their effect but the one guarantee to addiction isn't the drug you take but your brain chemistry. Nothing more nothing else.

Environment, usually in neonatal stages and and genetics dictate our susceptibility to addiction. Behaviour and or the actual drug are/is simply a mechanism to force the flood of certain neurotransmitters in our brains where we are currently lacking.

I have no judgement for anyone who crosses a supposed line in order to get high. They, we are just sick people (addicts that is, as opposed to people who can take drugs and not get addicted to them).

I blame the society that creates monsters who do truly bad things to get high. It shouldn't be that hard to scratch that itch but it is.

Good post. People talking here about lines are just going on about vague ideas they have of stuff they don't think they want to ever do. They could change their mind tomorrow and then their future self won't give a flying fuck what they thought yesterday. Hell, they could change their minds in 5 minutes.

You're never the same in any two different moments, and the most recent moment is the one calling the shots. So good luck fooling yourself about there being a line you would never cross.

I restrict my drug use to times when my responsibilities are low. I don't like letting people down or doing a half-assed job in my work life, so I refuse to have drug hangovers for that.

I won't ever do crystal meth, cocaine, or opiates.

I've injected medicine into myself before so the idea of injecting doesn't bother me, but I still wouldn't do it recreationally.

The only drug I've snorted is ketamine, but I really don't like that ROA.

I draw the line... Then I snort it =D

But really... I draw the line at needles and coke (tried it once but that's along time ago)

Wow!!! Thanks for making the newbie strip down in front of everyone...but here goes =D

I've never put anything up my nose and in a vein. The only thing I smoke is Marlboro Lights. I don't know if you can call it a "crossed" line or not because even though right now I'm sitting here thinking I never will...ever...ever...ever, I was saying the same thing a couple years ago about never taking happy pills (opiates) when I didn't really need them. And yet...here I am and yes I do.
I would have said a year ago that I would never eat Immodium like candy either to avoid WDing but...again...here I am and yes I do.

Lines I don't care to cross:

IV'ing (saw the movie Christiane F probably 25 years ago and it stuck with me - mind you at that stage would have said Id NEVER take any drugs.. )
Stealing / Hocking stuff
Like Footscrazy, I also cant use cash intended as a gift or for my kids to score
Drink driving - I hurt someone seriously 20 years ago. I just cant be so arrogant to think I have the right to risk other peoples lives like that ever again.

Lines I drew and jumped right over

Using ecstasy and acid.

These are things I just never 'thought' Id do but did too easily:

Using at work
Using in my parents house
Use in my house while parents there
Selling drugs

Glad I re-read the original post that these lines were 'in regard to drug use' ... Nearly shared just a bit too much of my naughty undertakings =D

Good post. People talking here about lines are just going on about vague ideas they have of stuff they don't think they want to ever do. They could change their mind tomorrow and then their future self won't give a flying fuck what they thought yesterday. Hell, they could change their minds in 5 minutes.

You're never the same in any two different moments, and the most recent moment is the one calling the shots. So good luck fooling yourself about there being a line you would never cross.

While I agree with your last point, I think you're a bit off with your first one. I think a persons morals are closely linked with the lines people draw for themselves, therefore it is quite easy to actually draw the lines in the first place for those who have a strong belief in their own morals and like to sleep comfortably at night knowing that they aren't complete fuckheads.

Whether or not they stick to the lines they've drawn because of unforeseen circumstances is a different matter.

obviously people's ideals and thoughts change with time but imo if you can't live by your morals you might as well give up, throw in the towel, and start peddling ice for a bikie organisation to high school students...

Or coke on Halloween.

I no longer drug drive, not because it's stupid but because I am more likely to get caught today than 20 yr ago. When I think of the times at 3am we piled into a car for an impromptu trip for a dawn surf at Byron before swinging home via nimbim, rollIng spliffs the whole way I am amazed we never crash let alone got pulled over. Of course there is that grey area now where you can get pinged 24 hrs after a night out which is harder to judge. Fortunately I have a great girlfriend who will drive home from a doof provided I navigate the dirt sections first.