Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What line would you never cross?

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
What lines do you draw when it comes to your drug use?

Only using on weekends, or never before or at work? Maybe there's a specific drug you'd never touch. Or specific ROA, like injecting, that you've decided you'll never do.

If you have any lines like this, how come you've chosen them? Or if you've had lines in the past, but then crossed them, how come you did that?

For myself, I draw a line at injecting drugs. There seems to be strong opinions on this ROA here, and I agree that injecting drug users are unfairly stigmatised. For me personally, it's purely because I have enough troubles with addiction as it is - I overdo pretty much anything that changes my mindstate. I don't want to risk IVing making the struggle to keep my use under control even harder, and I feel that as long as I've never experienced it, I can't miss it.

I also just can't spend money my family has given me on drugs. I don't like accepting money from my family as it is, but if I do receive money as a birthday or christmas gift, I'll never spend it on drugs. I just know that wasn't the purpose that it was intended for, and I feel like its disrespectful to then spend it on drugs. I'm not sure why I've held on to that one even when other morals I've had have been set aside due to addiction, but, it's just one I feel like I can't do.

How about everyone else?

I draw the line at injecting, but it's not the stigma around it that keeps me away. I have a severe phobia of hypodermic needles (something that my friends and family don't understand as I'm covered in piercings) and if I ever got to the point where I'd choose drugs over the fear and a severe panic attack, I know that I'm beyond help.

I also draw the line at taking PCP, Cocaine, Ice or Heroin. I don't really know why, but in my mind I've always seen these four as the major 'problem' drugs. I have yet to come across anyone who uses these 'recreationally', they quickly become habit and it's not where I want to see myself.

i draw the line at smoking meth, i came to this conclusion after smoking meth a couple of times and finding out how mind raping and addictive it is, i do still take amphetamines, i just dont smoke methamphetamine.

also i draw the line at 250mg of mdma in 1 night and only 1 re-dose

if you've had lines in the past, but then crossed them, how come you did that?

I think this is quite important to the topic. Are opinions are views are malleable and do change over time, especially with new experiences, feelings, and states of mind that come with drug use, and life itself.
I think it would be a great reflection of change if you were to simply document your beliefs/morals/ideals/emotions/etc to be able to look at the changes, as you would be able to see the evolution of addiction, if you were to become addicted, and even further so, you could see where dysfunctional started, and also look for correlation and causation.

What lines do you draw when it comes to your drug use?

My personal quote for my BL user account
Difference between a Junkie and an Addict is : A junkie will try and scam/cheat/lie/steal/etc etc to get their next high, doesn't matter if its their bestmate,gf,husband,grandma etc etc etc. An Addict will still try and get high, but will not cross that line. :)

I know thats not exactly what you asked. But I feel like answerring it with that :)

okok, I draw the line at only pluggin' oxys on the days of the week that ends in day. ;P

I have never been one to say "I'll never do that" about lots of things, because...well, I'm realistic about my drug use I suppose.
I try to avoid things that cause physical or unnecessary harm.
Snorting is something I gave up after developing discomfort in the sinus. I do not inject without every precaution being taken (in regard to sanitary practice). I would never inject into certain sites (neck, groin, penis etc).
And I don't drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes.
Personal tastes more than "lines never to be crossed" but I know what poisons I prefer and what works for me.
I try to avoid drugs of a seriously addictive nature....

Why draw lines? If you're curious eventually you'll wind up there - that's a given truth to this world.

I'll quote Yoda here, "Do or Do Not, there is no Try".

Use a dirty needle. I don't care if it contains the last hit of heroin left in the country and the last person to use it was Jesus himself, I still wouldn't do it. No temporary high is worth that risk.

I think Ive just about crossed all the lines.

I would never rob or steal to buy drugs.

Last edited:
I draw the line at injecting, but it's not the stigma around it that keeps me away. I have a severe phobia of hypodermic needles

This, and it is the stigma for me in a way, why would I inject illegal (or pharmaceutical) drugs that are obviously very addictive? (from what i've seen and learned in life) I'm not wanting to get addicted to illegal/legal drugs and waste alot of money on a personal high, as much as I like using some of them, I think my life and future is more important. I have shit to pay, and I need the money to pay the bills, I'm not keen to fiend over drugs and go searching for them too much anymore personally. They come, they go.

In saying that I drink too much beer or smoke too much tobacco with weed sometimes, shit happens, but I don't want to get into the heroin, meth, ghb, coke scene at all, i might use coke if I thought it was worth the high, but in this country at the price we have to pay I don't. and Mdxx, well that shit mainly sux these days too unless you're connected, and I'm not. Fuck that shit too mostly.

I'd rather go tripping once in a while and have a good time.

Last edited:
Why draw lines? If you're curious eventually you'll wind up there - that's a given truth to this world.

Speak for yourself, not for the rest of us.

It might be hard for you to comprehend, but there are lines that I wont cross, no matter how far into addiction I get, because there are things that I hold, and respect, far beyond myself.

IV. Got some weird phobia of needles.

Alcohol before 12pm, unless it's been an allnighter.

MDMA at work. Most other drugs I'll use but not to their full potential.

There's a heap more but I constantly cross them, to name a few: opiates, weed, amphets before work.
Amphets (i suppose i mean meth seen as i live in autralia) and opiates through the week.

i would never lie, cheat, or steal for drugs. i wouldn't hurt another person in any way for drugs.

this gave me a giggle...haha you can't charge before lunch...unless you haven't stopped from the previous arvo...that's aussie!

I wish I could say that for when i was in my late teens and early 20' tho, I was a fuckhead then, and did cross those line sometimes sadly. Not anymore tho.

you live and you learn. i bet your kids wont tread those same paths.

I have seen dozens of people saying they will NEVER inject... Most of them ended up doing so anyway.

I would also never use a dirty needle just like I never go to sleep with makeup on. (Don't know why they seem related to me.)

I hope to never try heroin, because I know my addictive nature too well for that. I am very curious though...

I will never go to work high, I will never do drugs when my child is nearer than a mile or so, I will never smoke at the same room with children.

And I would never have sex for drugs. Can't afford 'em, don't do 'em.

Captain Brewster said:

Haha, this is one I've always personally always laughed about. My alcoholism isn't magically going to disappear simply because I wait until after noon to crack a coldy :p

Haha, this is one I've always personally always laughed about. My alcoholism isn't magically going to disappear simply because I wait until after noon to crack a coldy :p

Well, but as long as you can maintain an illusion that drinking doesn't interfere with your work life, it is not alcoholism then, is it :) At least that's what they say - something becomes a problem when it, well, becomes a problem. Drinks after work? No problem! Hence - no alcoholism, just relaxing... (Ah, I love it how my brain is capable of thinking new and interesting ways to confirm me that different substances are okay:)