• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7:14 - taking a re-dose because it has not quite taken off the way I would like.

Didnt hear more after the re-dose, could be a good thing? How'd it go?!

And if you wouldnt mind reminding us what your approx age and weight is for the threads purposes?

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a classic case of MehDMA. Started to feel nice, but not getting anywhere, strong urge to redose, which no doubt resulted in him falling asleep soon after. If it had been the tits, he'd have been back on here raving about it i can assure you...

Sounds like it was a classic case of MehDMA. Started to feel nice, but not getting anywhere, strong urge to redose, which no doubt resulted in him falling asleep soon after. If it had been the tits, he'd have been back on here raving about it i can assure you...
Just to say, the "He" is in fact a "she".

And I was personally hoping that she had a strong and enjoyable enough experience with the redose, to be distracted enough to just enjoy the time and relax, appraise the entire experience before reporting any more.

But I try to be ever the optimist, or rather wishful thinker. But hey you never know.

You may be right..... lmao. Waiting for update. Also curious, how much was your re-dose indigo?

Hey guys, a reminder that we do not discuss sources. I removed the link to the instagram page as the link allows people to know where to get it. I'm sure it was done innocently but please don't share links in the future. Thanks!

Clearly, my motivation to live update all of you diminished as the night wore on. LOL. I was planning to write poetry and truly entertain all of you, but I got distracted.

To clarify the specifics:
I am a 38 year old female, approximately 130 lbs and 5'3".

The last time I rolled was NYE 2018/2019 (So, a bit over a 5 month break).

I have been using MDMA for 19 years.

Based on my notes from last night's journal...

Took 136 mg at 6:00 pm, and began to feel the first signs of rolling at 6:33 pm. I was regularly checking my eye dilation, and I noticed initial eye dilation at 6:39 pm. By 7:10 pm, I made the note, "rolling but not quite."

Isn't that the best description of MehDMA? Rolling but not quite.

I took a 106 mg re-dose at 7:15 pm.

An acquaintance of mine felt like the crystals were hydrated/crystallized with water and that the weight may be off, so I felt that the higher re-dose amt was warranted.

I ended up on the couch under a fuzzy blanket listening to music on headphones for a long time. I did not want to get up, talk, or move.

There was no significant/notable euphoria, energy, confessional quality, or sensory enhancement. Minimal music enhancement. With a really good roll, I would have a lot of skin enhancement and would be thinking about how good I felt, but that was not the case with this. (It was more like I just like I had eaten a great Thanksgiving dinner and was feeling content before a late afternoon nap.)

I was having eye jitters, and my eyes were VERY dilated. This is probably the most eye dilation I have seen from any MDMA I have used for the last 13 years.

Not a lot of jaw clenching though, and I hardly bit my mouth up at all (although I did somehow manage to bite UNDER my tongue. I don't even know how that is possible).

I felt very comfortable on the couch and content, but it was a "sleepy" contentment.

At 9:09 pm I took an 80 mg re-dose because I felt the effects waning.

So, I guess based on the math, I felt the full effects of each dose roughly 45 minutes after taking the dose, but the effects only seemed to last about an hour before it seemed like it was dropping off.

I really held off on that third dose too, because I knew it was going to be the final amount that I consumed for the evening. I probably felt the effects of dose two waning around 8:50 pm or so, but did not take that third dose until 9:09 pm.

Now, here is where this batch diverges from other underwhelming batches I have had in the past, because somewhere after that third dose it went from couch cuddling to sex, and the sex was awesome. Since one of my primary goals is sexual enhancement with my partner, this batch was way better than the last several I have tried. I stopped making notes, but the sex went on for several hours. Huzzah.

And, in addition, when I finally came down it was a very smooth comedown. No feelings of sickness like with other batches. It was just like, all of a sudden, I was sober. Not cracked out sober, but just normal sober. I had no issues sleeping. The only abnormality was a slight headache. Just minor. Could have been due to dehydration. I ate a few bites of a sandwich and went to sleep despite the headache. I do not usually have a headache after rolling, for whatever that is worth.

Now, I feel fine. I don't have a strong afterglow, but I also do not feel messed up or "off" at all. I feel basically exactly how I felt yesterday before I started rolling.

So, here is the less wordy summary:

Dose: 136 mg + 106 mg + 80 mg

Effects:
Euphoria: minimal
Empathy: minimal
Music enhancement: minimal
Eye dilation: Extreme
Jaw clenching: minimal
Sexual enhancement: Good
Comedown: clean
Afterglow: none
Sickness: none

So, overall, I would do it again. Although, I think my friend may be right about the dose being off. I would probably go for a very high first dose next time. Fuck it. Why not? One of my main problems recently has been getting sick afterwards. That just felt awful, and I don't need to deal with it. It caused me to miss too much work the following week. Even with the lack of euphoria, I'll take the great sex and the minimal comedown that this batch offered.

I find it very interesting how much variation there is from batch to batch. Out of all of them, my first DW order from last summer (the one that advertised as being safrole derived) had the most empathy, confessional quality, and desire to be social. I was never able to get more of that batch to try, but if I had, I would have increased the dose.

Seems like a lab test would be very informative here to understand the percentage of MDMA in each dose. I would guess this is probably only 70% or so, but with minimal additives/impurities. Maybe it would be beneficial to perform my own cleaning of this product and see what is left afterwards?

Another odd side-note, usually after the MehDMA, I can't drink coffee. It makes me sick/dizzy. I am a typical coffee drinker. But, after this stuff, I drank my coffee fine with no dizziness or sickness.

And, one final sidenote...I had some lab tests done recently and they showed that I have very low dopamine levels. I think this could be a factor for me in regards to the lack of intensity to the experience. This is one reason also that I think it is important to understand my age/sex. As a 38 year old female, I am having hormonal changes that can cause fluctuating dopamine levels in response to fluctuating estrogen levels. So, that is a factor I need to keep in mind as I continue my experimentation and "research."

Clearly, my motivation to live update all of you diminished as the night wore on. LOL. I was planning to write poetry and truly entertain all of you, but I got distracted.

To clarify the specifics:
I am a 38 year old female, approximately 130 lbs and 5'3".

The last time I rolled was NYE 2018/2019 (So, a bit over a 5 month break).

I have been using MDMA for 19 years.

Based on my notes from last night's journal...

Took 136 mg at 6:00 pm, and began to feel the first signs of rolling at 6:33 pm. I was regularly checking my eye dilation, and I noticed initial eye dilation at 6:39 pm. By 7:10 pm, I made the note, "rolling but not quite."

Isn't that the best description of MehDMA? Rolling but not quite.

I took a 106 mg re-dose at 7:15 pm.

An acquaintance of mine felt like the crystals were hydrated/crystallized with water and that the weight may be off, so I felt that the higher re-dose amt was warranted.

I ended up on the couch under a fuzzy blanket listening to music on headphones for a long time. I did not want to get up, talk, or move.

There was no significant/notable euphoria, energy, confessional quality, or sensory enhancement. Minimal music enhancement. With a really good roll, I would have a lot of skin enhancement and would be thinking about how good I felt, but that was not the case with this. (It was more like I just like I had eaten a great Thanksgiving dinner and was feeling content before a late afternoon nap.)

I was having eye jitters, and my eyes were VERY dilated. This is probably the most eye dilation I have seen from any MDMA I have used for the last 13 years.

Not a lot of jaw clenching though, and I hardly bit my mouth up at all (although I did somehow manage to bite UNDER my tongue. I don't even know how that is possible).

I felt very comfortable on the couch and content, but it was a "sleepy" contentment.

At 9:09 pm I took an 80 mg re-dose because I felt the effects waning.

So, I guess based on the math, I felt the full effects of each dose roughly 45 minutes after taking the dose, but the effects only seemed to last about an hour before it seemed like it was dropping off.

I really held off on that third dose too, because I knew it was going to be the final amount that I consumed for the evening. I probably felt the effects of dose two waning around 8:50 pm or so, but did not take that third dose until 9:09 pm.

Now, here is where this batch diverges from other underwhelming batches I have had in the past, because somewhere after that third dose it went from couch cuddling to sex, and the sex was awesome. Since one of my primary goals is sexual enhancement with my partner, this batch was way better than the last several I have tried. I stopped making notes, but the sex went on for several hours. Huzzah.

And, in addition, when I finally came down it was a very smooth comedown. No feelings of sickness like with other batches. It was just like, all of a sudden, I was sober. Not cracked out sober, but just normal sober. I had no issues sleeping. The only abnormality was a slight headache. Just minor. Could have been due to dehydration. I ate a few bites of a sandwich and went to sleep despite the headache. I do not usually have a headache after rolling, for whatever that is worth.

Now, I feel fine. I don't have a strong afterglow, but I also do not feel messed up or "off" at all. I feel basically exactly how I felt yesterday before I started rolling.

So, here is the less wordy summary:

Dose: 136 mg + 106 mg + 80 mg

Effects:
Euphoria: minimal
Empathy: minimal
Music enhancement: minimal
Eye dilation: Extreme
Jaw clenching: minimal
Sexual enhancement: Good
Comedown: clean
Afterglow: none
Sickness: none

So, overall, I would do it again. Although, I think my friend may be right about the dose being off. I would probably go for a very high first dose next time. Fuck it. Why not? One of my main problems recently has been getting sick afterwards. That just felt awful, and I don't need to deal with it. It caused me to miss too much work the following week. Even with the lack of euphoria, I'll take the great sex and the minimal comedown that this batch offered.

I find it very interesting how much variation there is from batch to batch. Out of all of them, my first DW order from last summer (the one that advertised as being safrole derived) had the most empathy, confessional quality, and desire to be social. I was never able to get more of that batch to try, but if I had, I would have increased the dose.

Seems like a lab test would be very informative here to understand the percentage of MDMA in each dose. I would guess this is probably only 70% or so, but with minimal additives/impurities. Maybe it would be beneficial to perform my own cleaning of this product and see what is left afterwards?

Another odd side-note, usually after the MehDMA, I can't drink coffee. It makes me sick/dizzy. I am a typical coffee drinker. But, after this stuff, I drank my coffee fine with no dizziness or sickness.

And, one final sidenote...I had some lab tests done recently and they showed that I have very low dopamine levels. I think this could be a factor for me in regards to the lack of intensity to the experience. This is one reason also that I think it is important to understand my age/sex. As a 38 year old female, I am having hormonal changes that can cause fluctuating dopamine levels in response to fluctuating estrogen levels. So, that is a factor I need to keep in mind as I continue my experimentation and "research."

amazing report! Thank you for the info. Sounds like mehdma to me still, anyone else?

So after indigos recent trip report here, i decided to dive into erowids experience pages and sort them by the newest date in order to see what todays experiences are generally like.

(If the above link didnt sort by newest date to oldest, just change it yourself)

The report posted on 4-27-19 shows me that this stuff that we are speaking of still exists. What a beautiful report.

Last edited:
................, but did not take that third dose until 9:09 pm.......
When did you finally come down Indigoaura?

Curiouser and curiouser - You got eye-wiggles and eye dilation as well as a small degree of bruxism. And do you reckon this was MehDMA or maybe just low purity?

I should have made a much clearer note about when I had stopped "rolling." I think I looked at a clock at one point and felt like it was over, but forgot to write it down. Also, once we started having sex around 10:30, the focus shifted from the observable effects of the drug to other sensory stimuli, so I honestly don't know exactly when I came down. Sorry. That is definitely a data point I wish that I had. If I had to guess, I would say the point that I just felt totally sober was probably around 1.

Eye wiggles and bruxism sometimes occur for me with MehDMA, so that is not unusual. The eye dilation was unusual for this batch.

Without any euphoria, empathy, music enhancement, or feelings of love...hard to believe this batch is completely "right." However, it really did feel clean compared to other options. I felt slightly queasy today but nothing like I have felt with the other batches. I will keep posting this week about my after-effects and whether I have a gloomy Tuesday or not.

My friend is planning on dehydrating some of this product to see what that does to the weight. This should give me a much better idea of how strong it was.

Overall, I think this was a clean MehDMA. If MehDMA usually has a lot of byproducts etc, this felt like it was not weighed down with all that. However, it still felt like a slightly different drug that MDMA. Could that be explained with weight? Maybe? We'll see what is revealed there.

Also, epic11, thanks for posting that link. This is what MDMA feels like. It is nice to read a report that mirrors my own past experiences.

"Physically I felt very euphoric, with heightened sense of touch and movement like stretching or walking felt extremely blissful and euphoric- like on the level of an orgasm (not that it felt sexual in any way, but it's the best comparison for the intensity of how good it felt). It was different than my past experiences, where the physical euphoria came almost in waves, like a massage... this time it felt like I was hooked up to an electrical current of physical bliss, and the intensity could be turned up or down based on how much I was being touched or by how much I was moving. Touching felt wonderful, but moving was simply indescribable... I became so excited about this amazing sensation that I grabbed by boyfriend's hand and insisted we walk down the hiking trail next to our campsite because I wanted him to see how amazing walking felt, and joyfully skipped with him over to the treailhead. I became completely overjoyed and overwhelmed with how completely perfectly amazingly good I physically felt from walking... "

The whole experience used to be one prolonged orgasm.

Notice though, epic11, if you scroll down in that report it states at the bottom that the experience date was 2010, even though it was just published in April. So, that experience is not a recent batch of MDMA.

Notice though, epic11, if you scroll down in that report it states at the bottom that the experience date was 2010, even though it was just published in April. So, that experience is not a recent batch of MDMA.
thanks i had not noticed that. Important info.

Just a quick update on comedown...

Sunday night, I had some muscle twitches while I was trying to go to sleep. Monday night, I had some indigestion & I awoke frequently in the night and had some odd dreams. Today, I have had some minor "brain zaps" throughout the day (don't know what else to call them).

No depression or emotional feelings.

The muscle twitching and zaps are not typical for me. I have only dealt with zaps a few times ever, and as I recall it was from really overdoing it and taking a lot more than I took on Friday night. In the classic era, I would eat 5 pills in a night and never have any twitches or zaps. The comedown from classic MDMA was always emotional and weepy, or just deep/intense feelings in general.

More than anything else, this makes me feel like something is off about this product and makes me hesitant to use it again. At the very least, it will go to a lab. Not sure that will give a lot of info, but, better than nothing.

Let me put it in specific context...

This is a pill I sent in to ecstasy data:

They were everywhere at the time, in yellow and green. If you search for Crocodile on ecstasydata from 2001-2002 you will see that all the samples tested as MDMA and they all weighed between 260 mg and 280 mg.

I specifically recall that I ate more of those pills than I had ever eaten of any pill before, one night in December of 2001. I had 5 or 6. How much MDMA do you think was in each pill?

My point is that, even after that foolish binge, I did not have any physical side effects. No zaps, no twitches, no indigestion, no nausea etc. The fallout from that comedown ended up breaking up me and the guy I was with at that time, due to a lot of emo shit about his ex-girlfriend. However - nobody was sick.

Weird brain zaps from 3 caps is just weird, and not in line with the MDMA profile that I am familiar with.

I was digging around looking at pictures of various chemicals' responses to reagent testing. I saw that MDAI looks alarmingly similar to MDMA. Is MDAI one of the chemicals that also shares the same molar mass? Reading that it is a more sedating, sleepy version of MDMA that requires a higher dose.

Mine seemed to be MehDMA as well, also clean feeling, but not as it should be.

On the comeup I actually broke into the everything is amazing place, and then it went away not 15-20 minutes into it, and by 3hrs in, was mostly down. I spent most of the time after the first hour laying under a heavy comforter listening to afterhours style house mixes.

Ugh. So frustrated.

This thread is amazing and i have followed it for some time.
It would be great if we could summarize a bit external of this?

We could remove all subjective views and all experience descriptions to isolate the facts relating to original question.
My point being, some great discussion and debates have been worked through and we could minimize double up or rehashing old points with some controls

psy997 - So sorry to hear that your experience was lackluster too. I had that same feeling on the comeup. For a moment, it seems like it is going somewhere beautiful, but then it just never gets there. Like a dud firecracker.

Wiserthanearlier, glad you have enjoyed the thread. I agree that we need a sticky at the front end of the thread for newcomers, to summarize the now nearly 90 pages of discussion. The conversation has been summarized at various points, but those summaries are lost in this thread too.

I would be happy to revise what I previously wrote to send to researchers, but I cannot make it a sticky at the front of the thread because I did not start the thread.

@Le Junk ?

Update: No more zaps today. Had a sort of swimmy feeling a few times, but nothing remarkable. Slept better last night, but still woke up a few times and had more weird dreams. (Why are people robbing my grandma in my dreams...? Srsly.) No depression. No agitation. No strong emotions of any kind. I feel basically normal.

With my limited chemistry knowledge, I am reviewing this document (posted previously): https://etd.auburn.edu/bitstream/handle/10415/1304/AWAD_TAMER_45.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

It states: "The central nervous system (CNS) activity produced by substituted phenylethylamines ranges from pure stimulant activity to absolute hallucinogenic activity. Modification of the general phenethylamine structure, such as addition of a substituent or alteration of substitution pattern, can significally change or abolish the CNS action of the parent compound (p. 18)."

Is the basic concept here that these minor deviations can significantly alter the experience?

The writer of this dissertation, Tamer Awad, has focused his academic career on studying GCMS and other drug testing concepts. I would like to contact him directly. He may be able to provide clarification on what we are theorizing.

Here is a list of his articles:

Status
Not open for further replies.