View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what happens when acid gets too intense

yougeekay

Bluelighter
so im a pretty experienced acid user an ive taken trips of up to 25 potent hits in a day, an not even that day did i lose it (it was summercamp :)). but the other morning i was home alone with nothing to do for the day an decided to dose my self, only 4 drops from a vile. an ive taken this much before out of the same vile like 4 times an was cool) but maybe it was cause i was alone an sitting in my own home, but at one point it all just hit me really hard real fast an for a few hours i was enjoying myself, an its not like i had a bad trip i was in a good mood but like it was just almost way too intense for like 10 minutes i felt like i could have passed out an as you can imagine things were looking reaally goofy i felt like reality was only 2d an i was paper thin an that made everything feel really tight i felt like i couldnt really move...idk i just wonder what happens when its too much for someone? can you just pass out if you take enough?

sounds like a bit of ego loss
home alone, good cid, set and setting = ego loss

When it's to intense your no longer in control of your actions. That's sweet if your with someone sober ... but if know one's around ....

Its been many years since I tripped that hard on lsd so its kinda hard to remember. More recently however i took a bit too many shrooms and it got uncomfortable. Thankfully i was at home with my wife who was sober but the confusion that comes with a heavy dose of shrooms plus reality coming and going did not make for an enjoyable experience. The only thing you can do is ride it out with the knowledge that its just a trip and it will end. Its always a relief when things start to even out and you start coming down again imo. :)

i always end up getting planted wherever i am when it hits hard. it only scares me when i try to fight the ego loss. once its accepted then things tend to smooth out. as i said ill get stuck in one spot and retreat into my psyche to explore the logos. the best part of a trip even tho you still have hours of good fun ahead. i always learn the most about myself when the terror hits. i think its an undervalued part of the lsd trip. most people try to avoid this but i think its when you can learn much

the strongest dose i've had there was a peak of about 6 hours wher ethe euphoria was overwhelming and where all i could do was ride it out. it is magnified by set and setting though. you do end up lying down and letting your mind take you away but you'll come back for a few seconds every few minutes and the process goes on for hours. some really chilled out music helps give the euphoria some direction, i used to stick some long tracks on like

pink floyd -echoes 23min
hendrix - moon, turn the tides gently gently away

the more pscychedelic the music is the more you'll spin with it.

i always relate to the scene in fear and loathing when gonzo is in the bath listening to white rabbit and says to hunter when the song peaks throw the tape deck in the bath with me :)

so im a pretty experienced acid user an ive taken trips of up to 25 potent hits in a day, an not even that day did i lose it
never make this assumption, and it seems to me that you're not

you know that re-dosing after the first hour after dosing doesnt increase the intensity of it,
just the duration, right?
you wasted a lot of acid that day my friend.

and as far as i know, if someone gets a panic attack, yes, they can pass out.
but passing out as a direct effect of lysergic acid? no.

when it gets too intense people either
A) are smart and ride it out or go into another room to lie down or
B) are idiots, shouldnt be messing with psychedelics to begin with, and go outside naked and kill some babies.

that sort of thing.

Last edited:
OR if it gets really intense, some people go outside completely clothed, but attack people and give them enemas.....

Oh ok...sorry, I didnt realize it was voluntary ;)

haha I just can't get the phrase "Enema Bandit" out of my head..

it was possibly the funniest thread ive ever seen & contributed to.

never make this assumption, and it seems to me that you're not

you know that re-dosing after the first hour after dosing doesnt increase the intensity of it,
just the duration, right?
you wasted a lot of acid that day my friend.

it was summercamp, i took 15 in the morning an then 10 at night an it for sure kicked in again after i was coming down from the first 15 cause it had almost been 10 hours from when i took them that morning. i didnt peak as hard but i still peaked again.

i didnt say i was an expert but you cant tell me im not experienced, ive taken enough doses to know what im getting myself into thats why i dont lose it, i just wanted to kno what would physically happen if you took too much like more than hundreds with no tolerance, would you black out an not remember the trip but still function? pass out? or do
es it just get really really really fuckin wild?

well ive never blacked out etc but last weekend my friend, for her second trip, ate acid and took ketamine halfway thru it.
also it was her first time on ketamine.
she took a huge line of it apparently. and "came to" standing at a bathroom mirror in her mates house
covered in blood, missing half her clothes, cuts all over her, and a bandage on her knee.

so it does and can happen.
she has no recollection of the events but apparently she collapsed in the club toilets, and also tried to get it on with her friends mum.

^I am assuming she didn't have a sitter...might have been a smart thing to have someone experienced with you when trying new drugs and especially combining drugs you have minuscule/zero experience with. Jeezez. She is one lucky girl that something horrible didn't happen, by horrible I mean death or permanent disability. How did the mom react to her advances? Also, i am confused about how she got from the club toilets (where apparently the cuts happened) to the friend's toilet (where she came to). Makes no sense to me tbh.

theres a whole crazy story inbetween that i cant be bothered typing up
and also im pretty sure she wouldnt want it up.

i made a thread about a time when i passed out on acid....good times. learned my lesson though, and now i can enjoy a high dose of LSD with no problems.

Must have been pretty shitty acid if 15 hits (Personally I doubt the 10 later on would've done anything but extend the trip) didnt send you into an egoless wonderland haha.

Anyway, I personally have never passed through any psych, and i dunno things never seem to get too intense, they get INTENSE but Im always aware that its part of the trip and embrace it...as long as you know nothing bad will happen if you ride it out, and dont think about the intensity you will always be fine Im sure.

Must have been pretty shitty acid if 15 hits (Personally I doubt the 10 later on would've done anything but extend the trip) didnt send you into an egoless wonderland haha.

Anyway, I personally have never passed through any psych, and i dunno things never seem to get too intense, they get INTENSE but Im always aware that its part of the trip and embrace it...as long as you know nothing bad will happen if you ride it out, and dont think about the intensity you will always be fine Im sure.

hah i didnt say it didnt get intense...but i had also taken 5 hits both days before that day so i mean i had a tolerance.

...idk i just wonder what happens when its too much for someone? can you just pass out if you take enough?

A friend of mine who use to have easy access to high quality vials of LSD one time decided to do a mouth-rinse of 5 empty vials, the vial's remnants contained roughly 11,000ug.

About 2 hours later he had lost control of his legs, and was flailing his limbs around pretty erratically, he had to be carried by friends of ours over onto a blanket, the motion of his eyes showed what he was experiencing. He would roll his eyes all around, before having them come back into focus and then closing his eyes, only to open them again in a panic and repeat the same process over. He had entered into a temporarily induced psychotic loop and was continually breaking away from reality.

At a dose like this, you lose all awareness of your surroundings, nothing means everything and everything means nothing.

In my opinion if you wish you venture into the extremes of the psychedelic experience do it with a large dose of DMT. It will take you further, while keeping your body sedated and it will be over within 15mins. Extremely high dose's of LSD can get very unpleasant especially with its long duration.