• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what happens when acid gets too intense

One, I'm not a liar. I would never post such a thing if I didn't believe it to be true. Two, I'm positive that my friend wasn't lying. I've known him for a long time, and he wouldn't have a reason to concoct such a story. He doesn't tell tall tales. To be honest, I have never heard of this urban legend; give me your reason for your assumption. If it's nothing more than it sounding like a variation of an urban myth than that's hardly evidence of me being a liar.

i dont think you're a liar, nor is your friend.
You both just heard a myth and happened to believe it. It happens, its okay.
But that really is a myth. One ive heard many times. And i dont think everyone was talking about your friends brother or whoever.

hah i didnt say it didnt get intense...but i had also taken 5 hits both days before that day so i mean i had a tolerance.

back to what sega420 said dude... it really sounds like you wasted a lot of good acid. throw some my way:(

i just saw shaddows and i felt alone and horribly nervious cause my girl had just spent the day yelling at me for tripping again ....as i look back on it ...wut a bitch i mean relly do u ever yell at s1 on acid nooooo . i never have or will.... she killed it badddd worst feeling ever ....we r no longer together, and guess wut all the trips since have gone off w/o a hitch

25 potent hits? Wouldn't you have lost all connection with reality? what were you doing at your summer camp?

acid dont get more intense if you redose hour latter? this is harm reduction,if someone redosed hour after average dose thinking it will be just longer,thid could lead to more or less too intense trip.Its like saying that higher than saturation doses arent stronger,very wrong and dangerous miss information.

read my posts from page one CAREFULLY again.

i once watched a tv documentary that was a recreation of the events that led up to the arrest of an american chemist who had been synthesizing lsd in the us/uk.

The makers said that in order to get all of their acid into the blotters they had to use ethanol as the dilutant and that when the ethanol vapourized it became an inhalant that these guys started breathing, and the people worked in shifts soaking the blotter and hanging it to dry. shifts of half an hour as they would be fucked out of their minds tripping so much from inhaling the vapours.

pmsl =D

I've also consumed (read: wasted) huge amounts of acid by redosing another 1 or 2 hits every hour like a god damned fiend, thinking it'll make me trip balls. It didn't, it just kept me tripping for a good 30 hours.

On only one occasion has acid gotten "too intense" for me, and even then, it was only slightly. My ego did shatter and I spiralled through some intense visions, but I can't recall how long it lasted before I came to. Either way, just before I realized it was getting too intense I just lied down on the couch. Simple as that. Only thing that bugs me is that the memory of the out-of-body experience is so hazy.

You can redose after an hour & it will increase the intensity of the trip - you can redose heavily & get much much more tripped out, the trip will also be extended.
There comes a point where I would consider it wasteful but not after one hour.

I used to live it, and have had at least 10 or 15, +3 or +4 experiences. But within the last year or so I have mostly just felt psychotic or infinitely mind fucked out of reality everytime I trip.
I'm afraid of the aliens everytime I trip now :(
I think it comes from when I took 10 fire hits and took 30 mg of 2C-T-2 orally. J was doing fine until I came home and redosed with another 15 mg of T2, but it was intranassily this time. It was immediate mind fuck. The aliens were speaking to me right away, it was like they were just speaking to me with emotions though. I actually saw their ship outside of my house and what seemed to be 'drones'? It looked like my neighbors house had a black hole in it and thats where the ship came from. It looked like the whole house and yard were being spaghettified into oblivion, wih the ships coming out at the same time. I tried hiding from them lol? Bu they keep speaking to me. Idk I can't make sense of that trip. I really thought I was going to a completely different dimension.
Now everytime I trip they come back to me. It's completely terrifying, and defies all of my logic. I never think about unless I'm tripping though. Weird shit huh?

Last edited:
Seconded, but I have heard people say that redosing later doesn't increase intensity. I'm quite sure they're wrong. It is more than likely that it won't increase the strength as much as if you took it earlier though.

I have always heard, read, and came to the conclusion through my own experiences, that re-dosing DOES increase duration AND intensity, but you generally have to re dose with double the original dose or more. (i.e. you take two tabs. +2hours later take 4 tabs.) It works. Period. And honestly, because of the vast mental aspect of the trip, even if it physiologically doesn't increase the intensity of the trip, it WILL increase the intensity of the trip because you believed it was going to. The power of placebo is tremendous when dealing with a learned response.

I however just think that it increases the intensity of the trip because you are taking more of the drug, it makes sense that you would have to at the very least double your dose though; considering the immediate and exponential increase in tolerance.

can someone explain to me this ego-loss thing? Is it like letting go of your in-built view of yourself and the world around or something like that?

Ref to original post: May I only suggest having some major antipsych at hand ?

^ I've never received an answer to that question that I deemed fully satisfactory. To me, the psychedelic experience constructs something within me -- there is not really a perceived loss or destruction of anything. Unless you equate the ego with a lack of knowledge, in which case "ego loss" is a double-negative, more elegantly described as "learning".

can someone explain to me this ego-loss thing? Is it like letting go of your in-built view of yourself and the world around or something like that?

I'm 23, and i've been reading about psychedelics and ego loss on erowid and bluelight and related sources since I was 15 or 16 or so. And I still don't really have a full grasp of ego death, but I'm pretty sure I just recently experienced a good taste of it with an LSD and ketamine combo that was unexpectedly strong.

All I can say about ego death is that, it happens when you are not the center of your own experience, something else becomes the focus of "everything". And then you slowly come back. And I think that slow coming back part, where you rediscover parts of yourself and parts of your mind, that part can be scary. You have to know who you are.

I think there are different levels of ego death. There were times that I thought I knew what ego death was, and then I had psychedelic experiences that were soo powerful and showed me new depths of consciousness, and coming back from those trips was really crazy.

But now I just recently acquired DPT and DMT, and I bet after I try those, i will really have a new personal defeniton of ego death.

So...you'll know ego death when you experience it, but, it's really poinltess to try to describe what it is through typed words.

I don't have time to read through this on my phone, but I will share a brief story. My good friend had a friend quite a few years ago that sold LSD. He kept a vial on him. Well, quite idiotically, he kept it in his pocket. As you can already guess, the filled vial broke in his pocket unbeknownst to him. This was some pretty potent stuff. By the time he realized it had broken in his pocket, it was too late, and he was near peak. He was striken with panic. Needless to say, he basically had a psychotic breakdown, destroyed his home, and had to be put in a psych ward for some many years after this. My friend said that once he got out, he was never the same person.

I'll edit later if it seems like my post makes little sense lol.

Sounds like a scare story, everyones heard one along those lines. But something like that could happen in worst case scenario, but you could prepare for the situation and have some anti-phsycotics on hand and possibly some valium.

I used to live it, and have had at least 10 or 15, +3 or +4 experiences. But within the last year or so I have mostly just felt psychotic or infinitely mind fucked out of reality everytime I trip.
I'm afraid of the aliens everytime I trip now :(
I think it comes from when I took 10 fire hits and took 30 mg of 2C-T-2 orally. J was doing fine until I came home and redosed with another 15 mg of T2, but it was intranassily this time. It was immediate mind fuck. The aliens were speaking to me right away, it was like they were just speaking to me with emotions though. I actually saw their ship outside of my house and what seemed to be 'drones'? It looked like my neighbors house had a black hole in it and thats where the ship came from. It looked like the whole house and yard were being spaghettified into oblivion, wih the ships coming out at the same time. I tried hiding from them lol? Bu they keep speaking to me. Idk I can't make sense of that trip. I really thought I was going to a completely different dimension.
Now everytime I trip they come back to me. It's completely terrifying, and defies all of my logic. I never think about unless I'm tripping though. Weird shit huh?

If I were in your situation - and I have been in a similar one, having experienced an acid trip beyond comprehension - I would try my best to interpret the experience while sober. Find some relevant reading material, then try to see if you can make sense of any of the thoughts and feelings you experienced, one at a time. Of what I "saw" that night just over 6 months ago, I have only scratched the surface - but at the same time, I've learned so much about life, people, what we call reality; everything really.

If tripping sends you to a scary place, then perhaps you're not ready to see any more until you've properly integrated the experience.

Here's my interpretation for what it's worth:
The aliens are real life-forms, and you just mentally discovered them. However, the extra-terrestrials you described are a reaction of the mind, in an attempt to put what you experienced into an easily-rememberable idea. These aliens are instead the thought forms from your own mind. They are you and you are them. They speak to you precisely because they are your thoughts, and they rarely use language to communicate. I have a hunch they are the same entities said to be encountered on DMT.

On the topic of drones, one of the things I encountered during my most intense experience was a sense that I had somehow allowed or soon would allow myself to become one. I felt that it was the most horrific termination of being possible; that I would become consciously inert, and never know that I had joined the "zombie horde" of unawakened beings forever. Just so you know, this is pretty much my definition of hell, and was even before that trip.

Apologies if you feel that this in any way trivialises your experience; I did not mean for that to be the case, I'm only trying to relate my own experience to share ideas and build a bigger picture of what's really going on in the cosmos.

No no, it doesn't trivialize it at all. I firmly believe in aliens and am not scared of them when I'm sober, but these were more like cosmic insect murder machines. Like if you could imagine tapping into he hive mind of a race of interdemensional assasin bugs. Very very scary stuff.
I've tried to interpret the trip many many times over the last year but I still can't make any sense of it. It wasn't like ego death, where you feel something from within. It was an external experience, I could see their ship and their drones scouting out my house and neighborhood. It makes no sense. I was too afraid to confront them during the trip, for fear of bein killed or integrated into the hive. I got visions of the aliens and I could hear women being tortured. Not just in the back of my head, the voices were screaming. Idk it seems past ego death, this was more like body death.