• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what happens when acid gets too intense

From what I hear, really high doses of LSD are often trance-like, much like DMT breakthroughs; you lose awareness of your surroundings and become fully immersed in an out-of-body visual experience. That's at like thumbprint level doses, though. At more reasonable doses, I doubt you'd be fully out of body for long.

Whenever I have too much trouble remaining grounded in my surroundings will tripping, I just close my eyes and go with it :) In my experience, intense psychedelic experiences are inherently immensely beautiful and euphoric, and it's only when my conscious mind / ego / whatever you want to call it reacts with fear and/or the need for control over its surroundings that things can go in a more dysphoric direction. If it's getting too intense to function, stop worrying about needing to be functional for a bit ;)

In my experience, intense psychedelic experiences are inherently immensely beautiful and euphoric, and it's only when my conscious mind / ego / whatever you want to call it reacts with fear and/or the need for control over its surroundings that things can go in a more dysphoric direction.

Completely agree, this is why it helps to have an understanding of meditation.. you can silence your ego and just let yourself become immersed within the infinity of bliss.

Some people lose their shit and freak out.....

Other people let go and just sort of embrace it.

never make this assumption, and it seems to me that you're not

you know that re-dosing after the first hour after dosing doesnt increase the intensity of it,
just the duration, right?
you wasted a lot of acid that day my friend.

and as far as i know, if someone gets a panic attack, yes, they can pass out.
but passing out as a direct effect of lysergic acid? no.

when it gets too intense people either
A) are smart and ride it out or go into another room to lie down or
B) are idiots, shouldnt be messing with psychedelics to begin with, and go outside naked and kill some babies.

that sort of thing.

thats not really true, ive certainly started tripping harder after redosing +1 hour, i dont know where you got that from...

but anyways to the OP, never underestimate set and setting. Ive definitely had experiences like yours, the scenarios in which you trip in can influence the intensity of the trip more than dosage sometimes.

I've never had acid experiences that were too intense, mushrooms, on the other hand...

I don't have time to read through this on my phone, but I will share a brief story. My good friend had a friend quite a few years ago that sold LSD. He kept a vial on him. Well, quite idiotically, he kept it in his pocket. As you can already guess, the filled vial broke in his pocket unbeknownst to him. This was some pretty potent stuff. By the time he realized it had broken in his pocket, it was too late, and he was near peak. He was striken with panic. Needless to say, he basically had a psychotic breakdown, destroyed his home, and had to be put in a psych ward for some many years after this. My friend said that once he got out, he was never the same person.

I'll edit later if it seems like my post makes little sense lol.

you know that re-dosing after the first hour after dosing doesnt increase the intensity of it,

when it gets too intense people either
A) are smart and ride it out or go into another room to lie down or
B) are idiots, shouldnt be messing with psychedelics to begin with, and go outside naked and kill some babies.

that sort of thing.

picard_facepalm.jpg

so how exactly did it get into his bloodstream from his pocket?

& DOB fail yo LIFE.

& DOB fail yo LIFE.

acid dont get more intense if you redose hour latter? this is harm reduction,if someone redosed hour after average dose thinking it will be just longer,thid could lead to more or less too intense trip.Its like saying that higher than saturation doses arent stronger,very wrong and dangerous miss information.

Enough was in the vial to soak through his pockets and onto his skin. A vial filled with liquid LSD can have an effect. How strong of a dose he had gotten is unknown to me, but even at the tiniest dose anyone could freak out as badly as he did in just knowing that a whole vial broke in his pocket with all of its contents.

thats not really true, ive certainly started tripping harder after redosing +1 hour, i dont know where you got that from...

Seconded, but I have heard people say that redosing later doesn't increase intensity. I'm quite sure they're wrong. It is more than likely that it won't increase the strength as much as if you took it earlier though.

Very good, Sega.

oh god. LSD constructs a mercilessly unrelenting HELL at times. For me, this happens to be every single time I take it, upon comedown.

Enough was in the vial to soak through his pockets and onto his skin. A vial filled with liquid LSD can have an effect. How strong of a dose he had gotten is unknown to me, but even at the tiniest dose anyone could freak out as badly as he did in just knowing that a whole vial broke in his pocket with all of its contents.

Sounds to me like a variation on the urban legend, wherein the story-teller's friend has a sheet of acid in his pocket, gets wet, and starts tripping.

I don't believe you, or I think that your friend is lying.

One, I'm not a liar. I would never post such a thing if I didn't believe it to be true. Two, I'm positive that my friend wasn't lying. I've known him for a long time, and he wouldn't have a reason to concoct such a story. He doesn't tell tall tales. To be honest, I have never heard of this urban legend; give me your reason for your assumption. If it's nothing more than it sounding like a variation of an urban myth than that's hardly evidence of me being a liar.

Its spot on for the versions I have heard, that someguy has a sheet, hides it in his pocket, starts sweating and it is absorbed through his skin, whereby he is crazy and goes to psych ward.

Why would he be in a psych ward for many years? usually if you got picked up by the police tripping balls, they'll take you in, probably give you a shot of valium and then when you sober up you leave, maybe a couple days of observation, but definitely not years.

Sorry man, but it just sounds much too like the urban legend for me to believe it, dont take it personally :\

pop a seroquel? or a benzo?

it was said that jimi hendrix would drop tabs in his headband before a show. when he would play and sweat it would soak into his skin and he would start tripping. Im sure yall heard that story though. Just saying, i believe your friends story..

In my experience acid is pretty forgiving when it comes to dosing more than you would have liked. It can get pretty intense, but it isn't to difficult to just ride it out.

Some people lose their shit and freak out.....

Other people let go and just sort of embrace it.

And some people start to think that there are monsters in their balls so they castrate themselves and flush their balls down the toilet. :\