• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What do you put in your cereal/oatmeal?

ok heres what i came up with:
apple cinnamon raisen (flavord oatmeal)
brown sugar n maple (flavord oatmeal)
cinnamon bun (flavord oatmeal)
with 2 scoops of vanilla protein mix.
so far so good, its all i got to eat.

probably raisins, cranberries, honey, and cinnamon.

I love hot cereal with milled flax-seed, soy, multi-grains, and some other 'healthy' shit already embedded in it.
I top it off with walnuts, plain greek yogurt, and homemade jam... recently I had black currant jam, with black currants hand-picked from the forests of Poland (crazy delicious). At times raisins get included in the mix, but they're not frequently welcome visitors to my bowls of sweet hot grains. I'd love dried cranberries instead, but they've eluded me so far.

When I make oatmeal I always pour some applesauce on top

It helps cool it down and it tastes great :)

That sounds delicious!!! I'm definately going to try this!

I usually just put a drop of vanilla in my oatmeal (after making it with milk)

I had a friend that would put like 2 tbs of butter and syrup lol gross!!

in my porridge...

peanut/almond butter
chocolate
flax oil
raw cane sugar
berries
cow/goat milk
bananas
raisins

probably forgot something :)

For oatmeal, I cook it in hemp/almond milk and top it with a banana and some raisins. If I cook it in water, I add a dollop of sunbutter or peanut butter.

For Weetabix, I go with hemp/almond milk with some raisins. Sometimes a banana, but most of the time not.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Oatmeal all day errday!

I put in:

Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Blackberries
Dried cranberries
Granola or almond slices
Kiwi
Cinnamon
Coconut or almond milk

Sooooo good!

Brown sugar, salted butter, peanut butter, slight bit of whole milk. Mmmmmm

Anyone eat steel oats? I'm going to switch to them next week, although I am a bit worried about the taste. It's supposed to be "nuttier"? Whatever the hell that means...

^ They do have a more hardy taste. Chewier. It's like comparing white rice to brown.

They take a lot longer to cook (20-30 minutes) but you can make 'em ahead of time--They'll last about a week in the fridge.

Molasses or if i can find sorghum i use that.
Maple syrup fo sho, Brown sugar too.

all typed of fruits.

Just so most of you know, milk is a nasty substance when it comes to blocking antioxidant pathways. It is basically a waste of fruit like berries when you eat them with milk. If you are trying to eat foods not for their macro/micro nutrients but for their antioxidants, then avoid having them with milk.

^ Cow's milk. ;) Hemp, almond, rice, fuck even soy probably (as much as I loathe it), is fine for you in your morning cereal.

Just so most of you know, milk is a nasty substance when it comes to blocking antioxidant pathways. It is basically a waste of fruit like berries when you eat them with milk. If you are trying to eat foods not for their macro/micro nutrients but for their antioxidants, then avoid having them with milk.

Where did you read this from? From what I've read many of the problems come from all the toxic shit that they pump into cows, and denatured proteins due to pasteurization. I would suspect that raw milk from a good clean source would be much better.

I don't really eat cereal but would probably use almond milk, I don't really like the taste of regular milk if it is pasteurized at high temperatures.

^ I know you weren't asking me, but give this a listen--All about the nutritional evils of dairy (meaning cow's milk).

Last edited:
^Thanks for the link. Honestly I'm pretty skeptical about the whole dairy thing. I've cut it out for extended periods on several occasions and did not notice any health improvements. But I really do not think that some small family farm with one cow that is properly raised is going to create the same type of milk that these monstrous factory farms do.