• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Warning about new party drug in Sydney-Red mitsibishi

covered in orange food colouring and stamped with the "fake" CK logo?
is that just journos not knowing what theyre talking about, or could it be true that someone has made up a fake pill for this girl like what seems implied?

i know this probably isnt much use but i found this..if she had a bleed in her brain, it sounds like the same as what this dude had. So maybe she had a "pre-existing vascular malformation". Still suss that everything is happening at once though.

"The authors report a case of subarachnoid hemorrhage in an 18-year old man who had recently ingested one tablet of ecstasy. The patient experienced severe occipital headache 5 h after consuming the tablet. He had convulsions after onset of headache (time from onset of headache to convulsions not described). Cerebral computed tomography (CT) scans detected right-sided subarachnoid hemorrhage and blood within the fourth ventricle. Cerebral angiography detected right-sided middle cerebral artery aneurysm of 1 cm diameter. Level of MDMA in blood or urine was not reported. The aneurysm was treated surgically with aneurysm clippers. The patient recovered from surgery with transient left-sided hemiplegia (paralysis affecting one side of the body) that recovered after 4 days. The patient was discharged three weeks after admission. The authors report that this is only the second subarachnoid hemorrhage after ecstasy use described in the literature, but go observe that amphetamine or cocaine use are known to precipitate intracerebral, subdural or subarachnoid hemorrhages in humans, either through increasing hypertension or through direct actions on the vascular system. However, the authors also express their belief that intracranial hemorrhage after stimulants or ecstasy is almost always related to a pre-existing vascular malformation. "

Taken from here:

http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/litupdates/human/casereports/02.03/auer2002.html

HOME > THE NATION > STORY

Get News by Email Print This Article Email This Article

Party drug at centre of 12 overdoses
October 8, 2004

AN ILLICIT drug known as Red Mitsubishi or Orange CK was responsible for at least 12 overdoses around Australia last weekend, including the death of a Sydney woman, police said today.

Police said the drug, which has been available in Australia for at least four years, was being sold in tablet form as ecstasy.

The Sydney teenager died in hospital on Sunday, two days after she had taken half a tablet.

Another Sydneysider was also taken to hospital at the weekend after taking the drug, while 10 overdoses were reported in Adelaide.

Police said the tablets contained PMA, or para methoxyamphetamine, rather than ecstasy and had different, and more devastating, effects.

PMA can cause hallucinations, high blood pressure, fever, convulsions, erratic eye movement, muscle spasms, laboured breathing, nausea, vomiting, coma and death.

Adelaide health authorities reported some of those admitted to hospital had suffered strokes after ingesting the tablet.

"In today's drug scene, recreational drug users cannot be certain what drug they are taking," South Australian police Detective Superintendent Deane Paynter said.

"The recent Sydney death and the high number of recent overdoses spell this out.

"The bottom line is that they should not take any recreational drug.

"The second piece of advice is that if they or a friend are showing signs of illness after taking drugs, they should not hesitate to seek medical assistance.

"The quicker they get themselves to a hospital, the greater their chances of survival."

In Sydney, two men were charged with drug offences and refused bail after the 19-year-old's death.

She is believed to have collapsed early on Saturday after taking half a tablet of a party drug on a train to Kings Cross the night before, and died on Sunday morning.

The men, 19 and 22, were arrested by officers investigating the woman's death but police would not specify whether they were believed to have supplied the drug which killed her.

AAP

It would seem the Red Mitzi's are still being reported on as the culprit for the recent od's and death. I did not know about there being 12 od's, are they beginning to attribute them to the same batch or is this just a bit of a media spin to dredge up as many hospital cases as possible from the weekend to sensationalize the death as much as possible.

An important messgae has developed through this thread as more is discovered surrounding these latest events.

(1) Large doses of MDMA can be dangerous - especially for the uneducated and those who are likely to be effected by the drug to a greater extent. Ecstasy pills that contain high quantities of MDMA can be doubly deleterious when several are taken. Above all, if it is taken in an environment that heightens its negative effects it can become very dangerous - i.e high temperatures, physical exertion, lack of hydration and ventilation.

(2) All stimulants, including methamphetamine and MDMA, can cause circulatory problems, some life threatening, such as stroke, heart attack and brain aneurysms.

Everything that has happened recently could be the result of just one drug - used in circumstances, doses and environments that can make it life threatening. Or just used by people whose physiologies simply don't allow for it, and sometimes their own bodies have them pay dearly.

OR perhaps there is PMA out there in one or two pills; maybe even combined with MDMA (God forbid). Whether or not this paragraph is true, it changes NONE of what is said above. That much will always be true and it cannot be forgotten.

Test your pills but more importantly for Godsake learn about the drug, learn the most "healthiest" ways to take it, learn how it effects you, and how it will not necessarily be the same each time. And if you run into any sort of trouble, get help! And for those of you that have friends moving up the ranks so to speak, look after them, and force them to accept the responsibilities that come with this sometimes very risk practice, that most people choose to do simply to have a bit of fun.

Biscuit said:
An important messgae has developed through this thread as more is discovered surrounding these latest events.

(1) Large doses of MDMA can be dangerous - especially for the uneducated and those who are likely to be effected by the drug to a greater extent. Ecstasy pills that contain high quantities of MDMA can be doubly deleterious when several are taken. Above all, if it is taken in an environment that heightens its negative effects it can become very dangerous - i.e high temperatures, physical exertion, lack of hydration and ventilation.

(2) All stimulants, including methamphetamine and MDMA, can cause circulatory problems, some life threatening, such as stroke, heart attack and brain aneurysms.

Everything that has happened recently could be the result of just one drug - used in circumstances, doses and environments that can make it life threatening. Or just used by people whose physiologies simply don't allow for it, and sometimes their own bodies have them pay dearly.

OR perhaps there is PMA out there in one or two pills; maybe even combined with MDMA (God forbid). Whether or not this paragraph is true, it changes NONE of what is said above. That much will always be true and it cannot be forgotten.

Test your pills but more importantly for Godsake learn about the drug, learn the most "healthiest" ways to take it, learn how it effects you, and how it will not necessarily be the same each time. And if you run into any sort of trouble, get help! And for those of you that have friends moving up the ranks so to speak, look after them, and force them to accept the responsibilities that come with this sometimes very risk practice, that most people choose to do simply to have a bit of fun.

Agreed! good points raised biscuit

the question i want to ask is for the ten people that overdosed on said mitsies in adelaide over the weekend how much did they have? i took two of these last weekend and they are a slow acting pill, did they think it was not affecting them them and take more?

If someone had a batch of "copies", be it CK's, red mitsis, or anything, I dont think wed have hundreds of ppl dropping from them - MOST dealers would test b4 purchasing i imagine, or would discard them if they made ppl sick. And besides, a large batch circulating the nation seems to suggest some amount of professionalism, but making drugs that kill your customers sure as hell aint professional.

But there ARE reports from a variety of ppl that seem to suggest some PMA IS on the streets at the moment, and Im becoming more and more certain that there IS. I'm also becoming more and more certain that the main batch of Red Mitsis are perfectly fine (just like most of the CK golds), but to presume they are ALL ok IS ABSOLUTELY STUPID, becoz anyone can make a copy - heck, even I could dab some colouring onto an aspirin and sell it to most ppl in a dark club as a red mitsi or whatever i liked.

As for "the bastards" who made the red mitsis, or all the ppl who complain about the quality of pills - think about this.....why would or should pill manufacturers go through the trouble and expense of making strong, high quality pills? Ultimately, u r just gunna see kids dropping off in hospitals (meaning more chance of getting caught) AND a shitload of dodgy copies floating around, making it hard to offload them. I honestly feel a tad sorry for the dudes who made the red mitsis - they try and do the right thing by providing proper, clean pills, and now they probably have the whole drug squad after em, whilst stuck with a shitload of pills noone wants to buy.

To those who think this can never happen to them, get your head out of the sand - taking pills CAN be dangerous, bad pills ARE out there (it doesnt have to contain PMA to contain dangerous chems), and double dumping, especially an unknown pill (or even taking just one whole one) is something left for idiots (no offence to those ppl out there!) - i personally feel u should never take more than half a pill in one go, ESPECIALLY if u havent tried any of the other pills from THE EXACT SAME BATCH.

And as obvious as it may sound (and im sure its been said b4 many, many times), if a pill seems to have no effect, THE STUPIDEST THING U CAN DO is to then double dump some more.

Condolenses to the family of the girl who died - R.I.P.
I just hope some good comes out of her needless death.

p.s. for those who havent heard yet, there are some reports of dodgy orange or brown smilies going around, which have made many people quite sick. AVOID

word to that double dumping is fucking stupid, but i know heaps of people that do it, ill only ever take half at a time and no more than one pill on any given night doing any more is just asking for trouble, taking pills is dangerous but most people dont to seem care. after last weekend ill be steering clear of any mitsies and testing all my pills and id advise everybody else who is going to continue to drop do the same

I've just recently tested a few 'Red Mitsubishis' that some buddies currently have. While the press looked the same for all the pills, a few were a brighter pink and the others were a duller red. They are aesthetically the same as a recent entry within Pill Reports.

Both pills tested exactly the same:
Marquis: typical MDMA reaction
Mandelin: typical MDMA reaction
Simons: typical MDMA reaction
Robadope: no reaction (no trace of PMA/MDA)

Whist the tests may show up all clear, I am still apprehensive about taking them. Could there be some sort of trace element within these pills that is causing the same violent reactions as PMA, yet not being shown up when using these tests?

---

Additionally, apparently the supplier for these pills preached to my buddies: "Don't give these to girls whatever you do. DO NOT give them to girls!!!!".

In what way could this statement bear any real warning? Perhaps we're just paranoid - but is it warranted?

Last edited:
IF someone has done a GCMS then have they done any quantitative analysis by any chance? Do they have any idea of the pills strength?

Im sure its been done, but the chances of that information being released to the public is about nil.

Re: Re: there is an mdma only batch around

Originally posted by Sllip
IF someone has done a GCMS then have they done any quantitative analysis by any chance? Do they have any idea of the pills strength?
A quantitative analysis would have been done, but we are not at the stage where public release of that kind information is appropriate because of the boundaries we are all ready pushing. Two years ago the availability of any GCMS information was beyond reach, but things are slowly changing. We need to be patient with our advancements to have any chance of establishing a permanent program.

^^^
Oh crap. And I guess if they did turn out to be some stupidly strong pills (like 300mg or something) then this will destroy the fear campaign and everyone will start eating them willy nilly.

i had a 2 or 3 mitzis about a month ago and it felt like most of the pills i've had in recent months, mda/mdma. i wouldnt go so far as to say they are heaps strong either. dont you hallucinate off of strong pills? i have visuals all the time on strong pills, but nothing from mitsi's, which suggests to me that they arent strong. im not a chemist or anything like that, everything im typing here is opinion only, and "dont give them to girls"??? sounds to me like your dealer is talking up the pills potency. my tiny girlfriend had one whole in one go, and was fine.
maybe there are two batches out there, one with PMA. i dont think so though.

maybe it isn't mdma or mda??? maybe something very similar (i know theres some people here more educated than me in this field who might be able to help out) to mdma or mda which causes SOME people to have very bad reactions??

actually that last comment - not so sure about, since -

Originally posted by Cowboy Mac
Via email communication today I spoke to a chemist Enlighten has delt with in the past. There have been recent siezures of red mitsubishi's and they have been GCMS tested to contain MDMA only, so we know for sure that there has been at least one batch that does not contain any adulterant. This is good news as it puts to rest the theory there is only one batch around, that contains MDMA and PMA. If you have had these recently and wondered why you havn't died (as some people on pill reports have questioned), you have probably had the MDMA only batch.

still, everyone should probably stay away from these pills. i bet this whole media scare has pushed the prices of these pills WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down!! if you insist on taking them, please test first.

On the weekend i consumed a half of a red mitsubishi along with a few other friends. 3 of us reacted really badly to them, and myself more then the others. I got really hot sweats and couldnt comprehend anything. and some stages could not walk. I was tripping out hard and seeing shit that wasnt there. I have never felt this before, so i too will send out the warning about those red mitsubishi's.. Stear clear, one night of fun is not worth the risk. And trust me, my night was not fun **melbourne**

Didn't take long for the dirty ones to riseup in Melbourne. they were abolutley clean as beans 5 odd weeks ago.

i dont pill anymore, but a friend of mine recently had these red mitsubishis and she didnt have any of the symptoms described.. however the next day she went into a daze and couldnt remember what happened.. they fucked her around a bit.. im thinking they rnt pma.. but not MDMA either.. dont believe what you hear from hospitals.. sometimes there could be other drugs involved and they are usually very quick to start a scare campaign.. more info is needed

i had a half of a red mitsu from sydney on the weekend, i cant remember most of the night but my friends say i was fucked, i was talking to an owner of the night club i was at and he said that if i didnt settle down hed have to throw me out... my friends say i wasnt in danger of od'ing but if i took the full one they would have took me home and threw me in the shower to try and settle me it was one of the best although i cant remember...
green ap's, have always been my favorite but i was drunk before i dropped this one that played a major roll in the effects. will be trying the other half this weekend without anything else and will hopefully be able to give some more insight
these are the ones that i had i think they look the same with the score on one side and all..
http://img28.exs.cx/img28/3145/mitsus.jpg

Last edited:
Red mitsu's are a strange little pill, a mate of mine dropped half & was probably the most wasted he's ever been. Yet I've dropped a whole one out of the same batch & was fine. His tolerance is definitely better than mine.

^^ Maybe there is only one batch but the MDMA is inconsistantly mixed with binders within this batch? So some of them are of above average to high strength whilst some by pure accident have freakishly high amounts of MDMA in them?