• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs W-18

Just following up from my last article at Forbes. A top-notch neuropharmacology team were unable to find any opioid receptor agonist activity for W-18 or W-15 at mu, kappa, delta, or nociceptin receptors in vitro. They were unable to even reproduce the mouse analgesia results from the original patent.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkr...r-opioid-as-originally-believed/#19f577fa4121

They did some metabolism studies (in the event W-18 is bioactivated to a potent opioid) and were unable to detect any opioid agonist activity. There were some modest, high-concentration effects on some 5-HT2 receptor subtypes (W-15 antagonism at 2A, 2B and 2C and more potent than W-18 and a concerning effect on the cardiac potassium channel, hERG, suggesting that people should watch out for cardiac arrhythmias.

The report is freely available as a preprint, meaning that it hasn't yet been peer-reviewed. I'm puzzled as to how W-18 might be perceived as an opioid by some users - Cw-a, I'd love to hear your insights.

This is fascinating. What is going on??

I'm puzzled as to how W-18 might be perceived as an opioid by some users - Cw-a, I'd love to hear your insights.
I guess because there have been fake pills (like OC 80 etc) with allegedly W-18 that killed more than a few people.

So what it sounds like is there is no evidence the w 18 can either kill, or even get anyone high. It just is probably a strong analgesic

^there are a few police reports claiming that fake pills with W-18 killed more than a few people, I'd count this as evidence...

^there are a few police reports claiming that fake pills with W-18 killed more than a few people, I'd count this as evidence...

Well, do the pills have ONLY w18? My interpretation was that there was w18 mixed in with other opiates in the pills. Then there's no way to determine which it was considering the lack of data we have

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/799341-Study-Pharmacology-of-W-18-and-W-15-2016
Although W-18 and W-15 have been described as having potent anti-nociceptive activity and are presumed to interact with opioid receptors, we found them to be without detectible opioid activity at μ, δ, κ and nociception opioid receptors in a variety of assays.
Weak activity at the sigma receptors and the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor were found for W-18 (Ki=271 nM); W-15 displayed weak antagonist activity at 5-HT2-family serotonin receptors. W-18 is extensively metabolized, but its metabolites also lack opioid activity.

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/07/24/065623

Not sure how this would be killing people (in Canada iirc?), of course it can still be dangerous - but just not in the way people thought..

Hi, SWIM was addicted to fentanyl. Eventually SWIM found something they believed to still be fentanyl but was stronger. At first SWIM thought it was carfentanyl but recently found out it is w18. SWIM has been doing this for 3 to 4 months now. SWIM wants to know what the wd might be like. They are now doing research on the new drug they have been unknowingly taking and found out the chemical compound is different to other opoids including fentanyl and heroin. The W18 has kept the wd away from switching from the fentanyl to that which is one reason they thought it was the same thing just a different color. I know this is a relatively new drug and many people don't have experience on it but if SWIY has had any experience with it or knows about it please let me know what the wd might be like so I can pass that info along to SWIM. Do you think it would be similar to heroin or fentanyl?

Thank you

Hi, SWIM was addicted to fentanyl. Eventually SWIM found something they believed to still be fentanyl but was stronger. At first SWIM thought it was carfentanyl but recently found out it is w18. SWIM has been doing this for 3 to 4 months now. SWIM wants to know what the wd might be like. They are now doing research on the new drug they have been unknowingly taking and found out the chemical compound is different to other opoids including fentanyl and heroin. The W18 has kept the wd away from switching from the fentanyl to that which is one reason they thought it was the same thing just a different color. I know this is a relatively new drug and many people don't have experience on it but if SWIY has had any experience with it or knows about it please let me know what the wd might be like so I can pass that info along to SWIM. Do you think it would be similar to heroin or fentanyl?

Thank you

we do not use SWIM here
opiate withdrawals are opiate withdrawals, its gonna suck hard man.

Thank you
We don't use SWIM, please edit your post

Are you sure it's W18 ? Did you lab test it ?
A few posts above Solipsis linked a study claiming that W18 has no opioid avtivity...

I live in PSL south florida and thjs shit is sweeping the state! Its coming in the form of Perc 30's and kills anyone who Injects it!!
Even heroin users arnt putting it in needles. They know better. They still smoke it and thats all. They dont even need half. Please dont use this ive lost dozens over the course of 3 months

setting it straight

Has anyone had any experience with this chemical? I was wondering if anyone knows what its soluble in. I usually use citric acid for similar RC's like butyr-fentanyl or acetyl-fentanyl. But the chemical structure on this is different enough that it might not work. If anyone has any info id really appreciate it. Btw, i know im playing with fire. I have narcan on hand so don't worry.

W18 is NOT AN OPIOID....this has been proven.....nor is it a benzo or barbituate......what the hell is in it? I never seen it but have heard about it on the news it feels like an opioid but its not, i really would like the fda to test the drug.