• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

I was given Ritalin because Vyvanse lasts all day and night. She said Ritalin will help me
focus. It lasts 4 hours so I have to take it a 9 am and 2 pm.

Anyone like Ritalin? Never had it.

I'm too lazy to make a Ritalin thread. I think I'm going to stop it for a while at least. It is making me completely apathetic and sad. I've lost interest in things I used to enjoy. More suicidal thoughts are creeping in. It also causes tension in my head, like a slight headache and everything feels doom and gloom. Maybe I should just be done with amphetamine type drugs. I'm tired of crying and being miserable. This is only the 3rd day. I felt good on the first day. Also I just read it's bad for your heart as an adult.

She started me on a stimulant (Ritalin) and then reduced my klonopin to only one 0.5 pill a day. So that means I only have 30 pills total. What the fuck? Who can get by on only one 0.5 klonopin a day especially when you're supposed to take a stimulant twice a day and of course there's a "crash". These doctors are fucking retarded!

Last edited:
Ok. I found a silver lining. I did my research and looked up if there are any interactions between Gabapentin and Ritalin. There are no interactions. The Gabapentin will help with the Ritalin edginess and I won't have to rely on klonopin much. So this is great news. I'll try it out tomorrow. Not a high dose of Gabapentin, but it's nice to know I'll have something at the end of the day to calm my ass down.

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/gabapentin-with-ritalin-1147-0-1606-979.html

Vyvanse needs not crushing, it comes in a powder form contained within a capsule. Antacids enhance amphetamine bioavailability so I always take them with any oral amphetamine. However, would antacids also reduce hydrolysis of Vyvanse into dextroamphetamine? If so, perhaps an antacid could be taken some time after Vyvanse ingestion to allow the lisdexamfetamine dimesylate to fully convert into the active amphetamine? Any suggestions, ideas? Either way, 50 mg Vyvanse feels very much like 30 mg of Adderall but actually smoother, so far at least. This is my first day on it, and 5 hours post ingestion, the effects are very pronounced and euphoric. It is definitely not useless, and certainly could be abused. It does not feel inferior to Adderall at all. I haven't tried pure dextroamphetamine, so I know not how it compares to that.

I have been prescribed Adderall XR as well as Vyvanse and Adderall instant releases in a time spanning from 2013 until now...
I can definitely say that without question as long as you have the self-control to be on them and take them correctly Adderall instant releases are by far the most effective at least for myself.
everyone thinks that Vyvanse is a miracle but I have heard horror stories about it. I had my two instant release Adderall change to a 60 milligram Vyvanse once a day about two years ago and it took one month before I told them I would not take the Vyvanse anymore. the stuff just does not make you feel normal. everyone else I know that is ever been prescribed Vyvanse has bad stories about the way it reacts with them and they ended up asking to be taken off of it or put on something different.
if you have to take any of these medications... from my experience, the easiest to wield is Adderall instant release. you see people on these forums trying to compare prescription medications to illegal substances and to be honest I don't understand that but I am 30 years old and already had my chance to live a - lot while in the Marine Corps until 2011.
if you are going to the doctor to walk around in a euphoric state all day every day you are going to the doctor for the wrong reason. people already know this and they get irritated when they hear people tell them what they already know. these medications aren't meant to allow you to walk around high all day....

I have been prescribed Adderall XR as well as Vyvanse and Adderall instant releases in a time spanning from 2013 until now...
I can definitely say that without question as long as you have the self-control to be on them and take them correctly Adderall instant releases are by far the most effective at least for myself.
everyone thinks that Vyvanse is a miracle but I have heard horror stories about it. I had my two instant release Adderall change to a 60 milligram Vyvanse once a day about two years ago and it took one month before I told them I would not take the Vyvanse anymore. the stuff just does not make you feel normal. everyone else I know that is ever been prescribed Vyvanse has bad stories about the way it reacts with them and they ended up asking to be taken off of it or put on something different.
if you have to take any of these medications... from my experience, the easiest to wield is Adderall instant release. you see people on these forums trying to compare prescription medications to illegal substances and to be honest I don't understand that but I am 30 years old and already had my chance to live a - lot while in the Marine Corps until 2011.
if you are going to the doctor to walk around in a euphoric state all day every day you are going to the doctor for the wrong reason. people already know this and they get irritated when they hear people tell them what they already know. these medications aren't meant to allow you to walk around high all day....

I wanted to second this post. The reality is that so many millions of people are in need of these medications just to function at a fair or " normal " level with the rest of the world not afflicted with ADD or ADHD. I unfortunately suffer from ADD mainly with a touch of the ADHD as my fingers fumble and feet need to constantly move ( shake ) if I am not medicated. I also can not sit in one spot for more then 15-20 minutes with out getting up if not medicated. I am in my early 40's and have had this as long as I can recall. I see so many people seeking advice about how to "get off" on Adderall and it really makes me LOL. I mean the drug is missing the one methyl group for a reason. Hello. It just is not doing the same thing at the same rate of absorption in the brain cells so you will NEVER get the same effect of the street drugs with these medications. It is rather dangerous and playing with your life to attempt it. I am 200+ lbs and 6ft+ tall and 40 mg is my maximum dose per day to resolve symptoms and keep me in a rather normal emotional state. The frustration I get when watching videos on YouTube and reading posts by people comparing or trying to make Adderall and Ritalin type medications equal to or in the same category with Street made methamphetamine is rather over whelming at times. It makes people like me jump through hoops every-time we move or have to see a new treating physician for the first time. BTW technology is advancing to the point there are now types of brain imaging that can definitively rule out ADD/ADHD so get ready for the medication to not be given out to people that simply lie and deceive to get them.

:!

I

Was reading this post just diagnosed with adhd on klonopin now to get my panic disorder under control. In a week i go back to be put on an adhd medication my doc knows i was on meth but i have been clean for over a month now. Yay me cause thats a lifetime on the meth world...anyways i told the doc that meth helped me focused would that lead him most likely in the adderall or Vyvanse direction? I have taken Vyvanse from someone i know before and i told them i didn't feel a damn thing while they are over there washing their cars and getting there life in order and im like well i need some meth then you guys suck! Point is i didn't feel anything but thirsty and lazy...plus Vyvanse has no generic my nephew used to be on it and it was $273 for a 30 day supply or 30 pills... what is the generic for adderall? Id rather have the doc give me adderall? I need stimulating meds thats how my brain works... even though i can take 12 klonopin or xanax and still walk straight and am functional which ppl never understood (not anymore im being a good girl and staying straight ) BUT IS TELL PPL I GOT EFFIN ANXIETY PPL JUST CAUSE IM NOT ROCKIN THE CORNER DOESNT MEAN IM NOT FOREEAL! DAMN! anyway thats for another post.... QUESTION WAS.... SINCE MY DOC KNOWS THAT METH HELPS ME FOCUS WHICH WAY WOULD HE MOST LIKELY LEAN WITH THE ADHD MEDS?

I've taken 120mg of vyvanse and drank a small amount of vodka. It's been almost an hour. Am I fucked?
I wish i could tell you! I wish someone could tell me something! Wtf idk.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't discuss how to get meds from doctors in this sense on BL, but to put your question to rest, it is HIGHLY unlikely a doctor who knows you have a fondness for non-prescription methamphetmine will prescribe you ADHD medication on that basis. To qualify for treatment with ADHD medication, one would need to be first evaluated by a qualified diagnostician with a referral to the appropriate treatment based on their results.

I wish i could tell you! I wish someone could tell me something! Wtf idk.
Oh my post is the longer one above yours. I dont know how to work this fucking site and its pissing me the fuck off...omg! Sorry.i just cant figure it out. Whatever idk why i just randomly bothered you with this. Lol my bad

We don't discuss how to get meds from doctors in this sense on BL, but to put your question to rest, it is HIGHLY unlikely a doctor who knows you have a fondness for non-prescription methamphetmine will prescribe you ADHD medication on that basis. To qualify for treatment with ADHD medication, one would need to be first evaluated by a qualified diagnostician with a referral to the appropriate treatment based on their results.
I have been diagnosed with adhd... i do not have a fondness of adhd street drugs i took Vyvanse twice like 2 years ago and it sucked. I have been evaluated by my neurological psychiatrist which i pay damn good money more and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with adhd ,panic attacks, and general anxiety disorder... my doctor is aware of my methamphetamine use but i have been clean for a little over a month and he knows that meth makes me focus... i was not asking how to get adhd medication because i am already getting it at my next appointment... i was asking which ways doctors will or do lean with adhd medications knowing that meth makes me focus.... Its highly likely that no matter what hes putting me on an adhd medication in 2 weeks because that what he told me knowing my situation i was very honest and clear about my drug use which like i said before ive been clean for a month only on klonopin that he also prescribed me...i am not drug seeking for god sakes im trying to stay off of them.....thanks

Then go for it! Hopefully you get what you need med wise. I believe I have read somewhere that Ritalin was essentially submitted for methamphetamine with positive results. Perhaps see what he thinks about trying something with that drug in it.

I have been diagnosed with adhd... i do not have a fondness of adhd street drugs i took Vyvanse twice like 2 years ago and it sucked. I have been evaluated by my neurological psychiatrist which i pay damn good money more and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with adhd ,panic attacks, and general anxiety disorder... my doctor is aware of my methamphetamine use but i have been clean for a little over a month and he knows that meth makes me focus... i was not asking how to get adhd medication because i am already getting it at my next appointment... i was asking which ways doctors will or do lean with adhd medications knowing that meth makes me focus.... Its highly likely that no matter what hes putting me on an adhd medication in 2 weeks because that what he told me knowing my situation i was very honest and clear about my drug use which like i said before ive been clean for a month only on klonopin that he also prescribed me...i am not drug seeking for god sakes im trying to stay off of them.....thanks
I was also asking due to the fact that i have no insurance and i know Vyvanse DOES NOT HAVE A GENERIC BUT ADDERALL DOES... I CANT PAY <snip> FOR A MOnthS SUPPLY of Vyvanse i dont know if asking roughly how much a months supply (legally from a doctor that prescribed it to someone/patient) *legally* of adderall is an appropriate question for this site either im curious as my mental health and SOBRIETY depends on this wonderful over priced under acknowledged mental world we live in.

Then go for it! Hopefully you get what you need med wise. I believe I have read somewhere that Ritalin was essentially submitted for methamphetamine with positive results. Perhaps see what he thinks about trying something with that drug in it.
When i hear Ritalin i think about it being the back on the day drug they just threw children on for being children... i also forgot about that one o wonder if it has a generic. Thanks for the info though.

I was also asking due to the fact that i have no insurance and i know Vyvanse DOES NOT HAVE A GENERIC BUT ADDERALL DOES... I CANT PAY <snip> FOR A MOnthS SUPPLY of Vyvanse i dont know if asking roughly how much a months supply (legally from a doctor that prescribed it to someone/patient) *legally* of adderall is an appropriate question for this site either im curious as my mental health and SOBRIETY depends on this wonderful over priced under acknowledged mental world we live in.
Sorry i didnt know about i couldn't do mula signs either...im learning

Indont know how to navigate this damn site to try and find some advise on different adhd meds its pissing me off! I just wanna read other ppl stuff good lord why is shit so damn difficult these days...maybe in just a idiot but damn this shit is not easy to navigate its constantly popping up things i dont need or taking me back where i damn started gosh! WTFs!

Omg whatever.

No worries, there is a learning curve. Welcome to BL!
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not recommend re-dosing (Taking more before you come down from the initial dose) because it is a waste and will just make you stay awake longer, not any higher. If you want to get high on amphetamines, I just recommend you don't start. It can lead to addiction. However, having said that Vyvanse is special and different from Adderall in quite an intelligent way actually. Adderall is Dextramphetamine, while Vyvanse is Lis-dextramphetamine. It may seem like a small difference but it changes the way you can take it entirely. The "lis-" part is a protein (Lysine) that was added on so that the pill must be swallowed to allow the liver to break off the protein (essentially, it doesn't exactly work like that) but then it becomes Dextramphetamine. That way you cannot insufflate, inject, smoke, or do anything other than take it orally. This helps prevent abuse. But I would recommend staying around 80mg or lower because I, personally, am 160Lbs and 80mg does the trick. It is "safe" (You'll live but damage may occur) to take more, but I don't know the threshold or what the dangers are so you may want to research safe doses for your weight and age.

That being said, even just taking 80mg, waiting til it kicks in, and smoking a nice indica heavy medical marijuana strain. It feels very relaxing and the Vyvanse stops the heavy sleep inducing effects from the indica so you just feel really damn high but pretty awake, If you smoke the right strain toward the end of your trip it will help with the come down. Vyvanse makes me, and many others that I know quite agitated and aggresive on the come down and it helps relax you so that you aren't as much of an asshole and you feel nice and relaxed rather than angry.

If you have trouble sleeping, I recommend either smoking more Marijuana to basically make yourself passout, or use Melatonin or other over the counter sleep aides. But again with those, (speaking of the other sleep aides, Melatonin is safe in doses as much as 50-80mg but can result in vivid or bad nightmares from high doses since a normal dose is 3mg-5mg.) be careful because in high doses they are dangerous and can be addictive as well.

Sorry for the long post and lots of info, I am currently on 80mg Vyvanse myself, and high. Unfortunately I couldn't get medical quality, but its still decent if I smoke enough.

----LoGiiK

I will say that a little herb does help with sleep but I found t to on do so if used sparingly.

I wouldnt call dextroamphetimine a trip, I prefer to it as a life changer that has changed my life for the better starting some 10+ years ago. If only it worked when I was a kid, instead it just gave me anxiety and I felt like I couldn't breath at times and I had no clue that the medication wasn't suppose to work like that.

I do not recommend re-dosing (Taking more before you come down from the initial dose) because it is a waste and will just make you stay awake longer, not any higher. If you want to get high on amphetamines, I just recommend you don't start. It can lead to addiction. However, having said that Vyvanse is special and different from Adderall in quite an intelligent way actually. Adderall is Dextramphetamine, while Vyvanse is Lis-dextramphetamine. It may seem like a small difference but it changes the way you can take it entirely. The "lis-" part is a protein (Lysine) that was added on so that the pill must be swallowed to allow the liver to break off the protein (essentially, it doesn't exactly work like that) but then it becomes Dextramphetamine. That way you cannot insufflate, inject, smoke, or do anything other than take it orally. This helps prevent abuse. But I would recommend staying around 80mg or lower because I, personally, am 160Lbs and 80mg does the trick. It is "safe" (You'll live but damage may occur) to take more, but I don't know the threshold or what the dangers are so you may want to research safe doses for your weight and age.

That being said, even just taking 80mg, waiting til it kicks in, and smoking a nice indica heavy medical marijuana strain. It feels very relaxing and the Vyvanse stops the heavy sleep inducing effects from the indica so you just feel really damn high but pretty awake, If you smoke the right strain toward the end of your trip it will help with the come down. Vyvanse makes me, and many others that I know quite agitated and aggresive on the come down and it helps relax you so that you aren't as much of an asshole and you feel nice and relaxed rather than angry.

If you have trouble sleeping, I recommend either smoking more Marijuana to basically make yourself passout, or use Melatonin or other over the counter sleep aides. But again with those, (speaking of the other sleep aides, Melatonin is safe in doses as much as 50-80mg but can result in vivid or bad nightmares from high doses since a normal dose is 3mg-5mg.) be careful because in high doses they are dangerous and can be addictive as well.

Sorry for the long post and lots of info, I am currently on 80mg Vyvanse myself, and high. Unfortunately I couldn't get medical quality, but its still decent if I smoke enough.

----LoGiiK
I remember taking these highly dosed melatonin pills to sleep and the first time, I had a wet dream so I shrugged it off the first time and said "it was because I drank copious amounts of water", but then the second time I did it, I concluded that the novel tryptmine can have some shitty side effects.

I have recently been prescribed Vyvanse for my ADD and sleep disorder. For the past 14 years I've been on Adderall XR and different dosages through the years as well as becoming tolerant as hell which in turn I started self-dosing and running out early. My XR's only ever lasted 4 hours so I would redose every 4 hours and was taking overall 60-70mg total a day.
I've been researching the crap out of hacks and tips and educating myself on everything to do with my meds and duration and how to make them last longer etc so I am well aware of the ph balance thing.
But being new to Vyvanse it's hard to get used to the fact that it's different than adderall as far as not working for an hour or 2 because it's not activated until it hits the bloodstream so it's a new routine for me to work around, I started a few months ago on 30mg Vyvanse then 60mg and now 70mg. I also have 10mg IR adderall for boosters because my vyvanse only lasts approx 4 hours, then I get a headache (anyone else?) and I've resorted to redosing vyvanse with pre-split 70mg caps (so 35mg vyvanse) and take it approx 2.5 hours after my last dose to keep it going .......... does anyone else do this?
Trying to make my vyvanse last longer but not run out of my script faster and my doc will only prescribe it once a day. I used to love my adderall but honestly now I try to wait as long as I can to take it because of the harshness and how the crash 2 hours later is worse- I rather just keep dosing vyvanse all day!

Just be careful with dosing Vyvanse all day. I never thought a psychotic break could happen like I experienced, but it did.

I'm no longer on Vyvanse because it triggered paranoia. Today I was prescribed Adderall IR 15 mg in the morning. It will help me concentrate and get more things done. I'm not interested in abusing it. I haven't had Adderall in many years and I forgot about the miserable comedown. I'll see how it goes.

longest lasting medicine/combo for tolerant stim user with ADD & sleep disorder

I've been on adderall for over 14 years for add and have had sleep issues since then as well. A recent sleep study showed I don't get enough stage 3 sleep and my stimulant meds are now being prescribed by my sleep doctor. I was introduced to vyvanse. worked my way up to 70mg and 10 addy ir twice a day from previous 20xr once a day 10ir once a day.
The vyvanse does actually keep me awake but still feels like it wears off too fast just like my adderall xr did. I need the duration to last to help me through my 12 hour work shifts and productivity at home.
When I am off meds i almost fall asleep driving. it's bad.
What else would last 12+ hours? Any combo or special dosing regimine?
What about dexedrine instead of adderall ir?
I'd like something similar to adderall.