• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Vyvanse is a great drug. Second( subjectively speaking ) to actual dextroamphetamine. My effects were all smooth. Slightly tweaked at much higher doses. My sweet spot was 120mg to 140mg, but 70mg worked all day long. I noticed if I took a small dose of Adderall on top of the Vyvanse, about an hour or so in, it felt like 10+hours of nice Adderall.

Yes, this - and I don't even take it to get high. The effects are steady fantastic all day if one has ADD, fatigue, or whatever - plus, yes, it does bring a "sweet spot" with it & this does not hurt.

I have been on vyvanse for a little over three months now, I am prescribed 50mg for binge eating disorder and I have to say that it works great. The problem I have though is that sometimes I have depression topped with anger. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if you do what can I do about it.

I have been on vyvanse for a little over three months now, I am prescribed 50mg for binge eating disorder and I have to say that it works great. The problem I have though is that sometimes I have depression topped with anger. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if you do what can I do about it.

Totally can see the "anger" part as being valid - likely even prob very common - the depression, however, I don't know. This type of med should actually help such things. I'd def talk to your doc.

Oh hell yes, methylphenidate has the worst come down I've ever experienced. How much vyvanse were you doing? And did you redose?
do not use ritalin for rec, i was suicidal on a comedown. the dose was a little excessive 250mg concerta even after taking 15mg of k pins i still had a bp of 180/130.

Hello, first time poster :) I have severe ADD and have recently been prescribed 40mg of Vyvance. I decided to hold out on using it during the weekends and instead pop a triple dose (120mg) on some week days to get me through some of the more boring/hard school days. I knew I could get some sort of high off them since I used to know someone who often popped these. I have done this twice up till now. The euphoria I got from my first try was incredible, probably one of the most productive days of my life and as a bonus it made me more sociable and empathethic overall an amazing day! The second time was very much less so. I still got a slight high from it but nothing comparable to my first try, my focus was there though. These were seperated by 3 days on the 40mg and 2 weekend days where I didn't take anything. My question is, does this mean I am developping a tolerance to Vyvance? The school year just started and I can't really afford for my 40mg to stop working (I legitimately need it) and having to pump up to 80mg or something for the focus effect. I have 0 experience with amps or anything like that (I haven't done anything other than weed and shrooms) and don't really know much about them or how they work. Yeah I know, I'm dumb for popping pills I know nothing about I just trust my doctor I guess. Also, would doing a triple dose once a week be harmful or addicting? I'm 16 weighing around 135lbs. (Sorry for the bad grammar and wording, english isn't my first language.)

Last edited:
ADDoofus;13775I397 said:
Hello that's time poster :) I have severe ADDave recently been prescribed 40mg of Vyvance. I decided to hold out on using it during the weekends and instead pop a triple dose (120mg) on some week days to get me through some of the more boring/hard school days. I knew I could get some sort of high off them since I used to know someone who often popped these. I have done this twice up till now. The euphoria I got from my first try was incredible, probably one of the most productive days of my life and as a bonus it made me more sociable and empathic overall an amazing day! The second time was very much less so. I still got a slight high from it but nothing comparable to my first try, my focus was there though. These were seperated by 3 days on the 40mg and 2 weekend days where I didn't take anything. My question is, does this mean I am developping a tolerance to Vyvance? The school year just started and I can't really afford for my 40mg to stop working (I legitimately need it) and having to pump up to 80mg or something for the focus effect. I have 0 experience with amps or anything like that (I haven't done anything other than weed and shrooms) and don't really know much about them or how they work. Yeah I know, I'm dumb for popping pills I know nothing about I just trust my doctor I guess. Also, would doing a triple dose once a week be harmful or addicting? I'm 16 weighing around 135lbs. (Sorry for the bad grammar and wording, english isn't my first language.)
The first high you get will be the best because your brain releases massive amount of serotonin along with dopamine which is why you get the empathetic effect + Feel like a god. that never happened to me again. Only the first few times. Best high of my life not even IV opiates compare. I never IV meth but i imagine thats the only thing that could MAYBE top my godly experience...

From my understanding and some research I did though, Vyvance shouldn't have a huge effect on serotonin, the effects are mostly on the dopamine side of things or am I wrong? It shouldn't drain it dry like MDMA would and I should still have a shit-ton of serotonin left... I would understand if it were my 10th or so time getting high off Vyvance in a month but getting such a big "high-loss" on my second time just seems weird to me.

Last edited:
From my understanding and some research I did though, Vyvance shouldn't have a huge effect on serotonin, the effects are mostly on the dopamine side of things or am I wrong? It shouldn't drain it dry like MDMA would and I should still have a shit-ton of serotonin left... I would understand if it were my 10th or so time getting high off Vyvance in a month but getting such a big "high-loss" on my second time just seems weird to me.

It is perfectly normal to not feel the empathy related high in the same intensity after what is essentially a two day break followed by taking the same dose that previously gave it.

I took 20mg of vyvanse after a break. I dosed at 9AM. around noon I was Peaking and felt like i was coked up happy for 2 hours. Listening to music, dancing, acting high on life. After 3PM I took a shit that I held on to all day. after that it all went to shit. The come down sucked SO bad considering the low dose I took. I couldn't bear it and took a benzos at 7Pm and knocked myself out. I would just stare at the wall and think about how miserable I feel.

Do come downs lessen with daily use? Also I feel like my come down was triggered after I took a shit??? I haven't taken vyvanse in so long I forgot how it felt like daily use.

I find comedowns certainly lessen with increased use. Fairly quickly too. A week, maybe 10 days and I barely notice.

So 48hrs after the mere 20mg vyvanse dose and I'm absolutely exhausted. Massive brain fog. I will probably be useless all day. Seems the withdrawal symptoms peaks on day 2.

So 48hrs after the mere 20mg vyvanse dose and I'm absolutely exhausted. Massive brain fog. I will probably be useless all day. Seems the withdrawal symptoms peaks on day 2.

I'd hazard a guess it has a bit to do with your urinary pH (among other things), depending on which you could still have ~50% of the drug in circulation after 24 hours. If I take a weekend long break from the meds (no dosing on saturday or sunday) it is not uncommon for me to just sleep 20-24 hours which is basically the whole sunday. It's pretty freaky for a person who is used to sleeping ~6 hours a night. YMMV, everyone is different physiologically and has different habits of life. Too much schoolwork to take a longer break, but I'd definitely like to try it.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, why are people so obsessed about the specifics of LDX metabolism? Is it the idea of in vitro cleavage? Assuming you succeeded and the molecule begins to hydrolyze, wouldn't you end up with freebase amphetamine which would kind of render the conditions for an enzymatic in vitro reaction useless? I mean, let's say you order a commercial enzyme that has glycerol added for storage purposes. As soon as the enzyme starts doing it's work, wouldn't the reaction product basically halt the reaction? I'm assuming the oily amphetamine hangs around in the solution thanks to the glycerol. In vivo you don't have this kind of problem thanks to circulating blood for one. Not saying it's impossible to cleave the molecule outside the body, most likely a very complex process on top of being quite costly and I'm reluctant to believe it's worth the effort.

Last edited:
I'd hazard a guess it has a bit to do with your urinary pH (among other things), depending on which you could still have ~50% of the drug in circulation after 24 hours. If I take a weekend long break from the meds (no dosing on saturday or sunday) it is not uncommon for me to just sleep 20-24 hours which is basically the whole sunday. It's pretty freaky for a person who is used to sleeping ~6 hours a night. YMMV, everyone is different physiologically and has different habits of life. Too much schoolwork to take a longer break, but I'd definitely like to try it.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, why are people so obsessed about the specifics of LDX metabolism? Is it the idea of in vitro cleavage? Assuming you succeeded and the molecule begins to hydrolyze, wouldn't you end up with freebase amphetamine which would kind of render the conditions for an enzymatic in vitro reaction useless? I mean, let's say you order a commercial enzyme that has glycerol added for storage purposes. As soon as the enzyme starts doing it's work, wouldn't the reaction product basically halt the reaction? I'm assuming the oily amphetamine hangs around in the solution thanks to the glycerol. In vivo you don't have this kind of problem thanks to circulating blood for one. Not saying it's impossible to cleave the molecule outside the body, most likely a very complex process on top of being quite costly and I'm reluctant to believe it's worth the effort.
Update': I recovered halfway into day 3. I remember that afternoon, i just had a coffee , protein shake, then snap an hour later I'm instantly back to normal.

I took a 2 month break before trying the 20 mg. Which is a tiny amount of amphetamines. I felt really good for 4 hours, then all downhill.

are there any potentiaters for vyanse? Im on 40 mg and after a few days i just feel like it isnt working like it did the first day or two i took it. any thoughts?

There are substances that will almost definitely lengthen / maybe increase the effects but may be target dangerous if they work well.

I'm not going into those. In HR's sake I don't see a benefit to my repeating this info.

Vyvanse is the best form of dex I've ever had... It really doesn't need potentiation it lasts too long, potentiated effects could be very dangerous.

I did it a few times, wasn't happy with the result. The same potentiator for IR dex worked well, but Vy just lays so long. If not and you're prescribed a raise in dose is much safer.

Vyvanse is the best form of dex I've ever had... It really doesn't need potentiation it lasts too long, potentiated effects could be very dangerous.

I did it a few times, wasn't happy with the result. The same potentiator for IR dex worked well, but Vy just lays so long. If not and you're prescribed a raise in dose is much safer.

^ Yes. Do not potentiate Vyvanse. This could be where I messed up when I was prescribed 20 mg of Vyvanse each morning. I had Gabapentin at home that the doctor did not prescribe, I got it from someone else. Ok so I would use the Gabapentin to potentiate the Vyvanse and that very well could be the reason I ended up spiraling down into the worst paranoia you could imagine (schizophrenic type paranoia) and landed in the psych ward over the weekend.

That paranoid episode was the scariest ever. I'm bipolar 2, but never experienced a psychotic break like that. Imagine your worst nightmare full of ALL your insecurities except it happens to you in real life. I went through a day of thinking my entire family were conspiring against me. I thought what was talked about on television was about me. I questioned everything I got in the mail. A full day and night of that and I couldn't take it. When EMS came, I thought the medics were trying to kill me. I was kicking and screaming. The most frightening experience of my life.
So please DON'T potentiate!!! It does last all day and night, just let it work its magic.

So after a couple of days off of everything in the psych ward, my mind was perfectly clear again thank God. When I had that psychotic break that felt like schizophrenia, I was afraid my mind would not come back and that maybe I would be like that forever. Anyway, doctors saw that I was clear-minded and let me go home Wednesday. Right out of the hospital, I had to go straight to a psychiatrist appointment I already had and explained everything to her.

Ok so my question is: Are there people who take Vyvanse "as needed" or not every single day? I tried it yesterday by itself, no Gabapentin at all and honestly felt like a million bucks. I got a lot accomplished and feel like the best version of myself. It took a lot to get my Vyvanse authorized by insurance so I don't want to lose it completely because of what landed me in the hospital. I see my psychiatrist again in 2 weeks and I think I'm going to confess I potentiated with Gabapentin and that could be why everything got out of control. Hopefully, she would still prescribe it to me.

Vyvanse really does work wonders for Bipolar 2 and also anxiety if you take it correctly and don't add anything. I have a tendency to be scatterbrained so that's why the psychiatrist prescribed it, to help with ADHD. Trust me, you don't want to have an experience like I did so I'm just warning you guys. Especially if you're bipolar, you're already prone to being triggered by medicines mixed together.

I am a big insomniac and adderall XR made me lose sleep, thats why I am now on Dexedrine IR but when I take it at 8am, around 4pm I get kind of dysphoric and unproductive. So I was wondering if Vyvanse was lasting a little shorter than Adderall XR so that I don't get a mild comedown after about 4-5pm and dont get increased insomnia.

I was also wondering the difference of duration between dexedrine spansules and vyvanse, I know the Dex spansules last shorter than Adderall XR but IDK about vyvanse duration.

Also My dexedrine dosage is between 7.5m and 10mg in the morning and when I take 7.5mg I usually take the 2.5mg left at about 12pm but it just push the comedown back to 6-7pm instead of 4-5pm. But when I do that my sleep is incact which is kind of the most important for me.

I am a big insomniac and adderall XR made me lose sleep, thats why I am now on Dexedrine IR but when I take it at 8am, around 4pm I get kind of dysphoric and unproductive. So I was wondering if Vyvanse was lasting a little shorter than Adderall XR so that I don't get a mild comedown after about 4-5pm and dont get increased insomnia.

I was also wondering the difference of duration between dexedrine spansules and vyvanse, I know the Dex spansules last shorter than Adderall XR but IDK about vyvanse duration.

Also My dexedrine dosage is between 7.5m and 10mg in the morning and when I take 7.5mg I usually take the 2.5mg left at about 12pm but it just push the comedown back to 6-7pm instead of 4-5pm. But when I do that my sleep is incact which is kind of the most important for me.

Vyvanse lasts all day and night. That's why I started making sure to take it early in the morning, like 6 or 7 am. Sometimes I still have insomnia. It's always good to have a sleeping pill to make sure you get rest if you still feel like you can't sleep at night. Maybe your psychiatrist can prescribe one. You don't have to take it every night. I don't take mine every night, just when I notice for sure I won't be able to sleep.

Vyvanse is smoother than Adderall as far as you won't have a depressing crash that makes you want to kill yourself, but Vyvanse lasts ALL DAY long. I have experienced a little bit of a mild comedown from Vyvanse in mid afternoon, but I would drink coffee to boost it. Still, it was enough energy to get me through the day.

I have no experience with Dex. Only Adderall and Vyvanse.