• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs UR-144 massive overdose WARNING

perhaps the other site is linked directly to peoples welfare and don't withhold their anonymous status as they can do on this forum. you don't know the site or what they do on it so before you are quick to make judgements perhaps you should step back and understand it may be different to BL. don't flame a guy for trying to help/save someone who's life was in danger, i don't really think thats fair.

once again, the response to any OD topic should automatically be call 911/999, get an ambulance and head to the ER. people can give their stories as to what has happened in cases they are familiar with, HOWEVER, they should always be told that they should head to an ER in terms of HR.

Lol....

I gotta agree, if this really is a "harm reduction" forum....there is zero excuse for a mod to say "wait it out". So just as its a learning exp for everyone else let it be for you as well.

No offense, but thats ridiculous. Not to mention instead of apoligizing and taking the OPs warning seriously, its like you know more than the DOCTORS treating him. Saying stuff like "too soon to tell", you have no idea nor right to really make that claim.

Hope your friend recovers OP

Are you adressing someone else? I was one of the people who suggested emergency. Saying it's too soon to tell if he has permanent damage is likely what the doctors said, and I do actually have a lot of knowledge and experience in order to make that statement. It's not about not taking the OP seriously or trying to justify anyone else's posts, it's about trying to reassure him to not assume his friend is a "permanent vegetable" just based on how he looked when he saw him in the hospital. In fact, now the OP is saying his friend's brain scan showed no lesions or brain damage and that his friend is already much much better than yesterday.

Also SD, dont try and cover for sekio saying ride it out. He said it, he shouldn't have. It happens. End of story.
Not trying to "cover" for anyone, just explaining that people did not know that an OD on UR-144 could be so serious, as there is like no info out there on that happening, people also initially were told it was a 10X overdose not a 100X overdose, and they are only human. Sekio wasn't the only one. Mods are just volunteers and are not perfect or infallible. All we can really do is try to learn from this for the future.

Last edited:
perhaps the other site is linked directly to peoples welfare and don't withhold their anonymous status as they can do on this forum. you don't know the site or what they do on it so before you are quick to make judgements perhaps you should step back and understand it may be different to BL. don't flame a guy for trying to help/save someone who's life was in danger, i don't really think thats fair.

once again, the response to any OD topic should automatically be call 911/999, get an ambulance and head to the ER. people can give their stories as to what has happened in cases they are familiar with, HOWEVER, they should always be told that they should head to an ER in terms of HR.

^Right, I agree with you regarding what the correct response would be in this situation.

In response to the site you work for, I also apologize and realize that yes, it is different from bluelight, which doesn't make it bad of course. I guess I felt as though your forums response was somehow superior to this one, which it isn't either, it's also different. However looking back on your post, I do appreciate that your criticism was done in a mature and constructive way which is appreciated, seriously. If I seem overly defensive about this, its mostly because I feel that as a whole, the staff here do work their asses off trying to help people, and it can be disheartening to get (quite often) nothing but grief for our efforts. Or rather, it's just seems that sometimes staff are judged not for all the good they do, but merely for our mistakes, and I'm not really sure that I agree that this was an entirely botched effort.

Some people that post blog tweeter twatter facebookin' clitter clatter etc...and still think they have any amount of anonymity...HAH ! thats a good one.

And I totally agree w/ the second half of Znegs' paragraph ^^^ & sympathize...

i also agree with swimming dancer. the person who said he's going to become a "permanent veggie" because he didn't take a "xanni bar" is also just rude and fucking disrespectful. firstly, how can you know that if he took a bar he would recover, and not be "veggie"? perhaps you should think before you just type offensive shit into the keyboard and send the message. instead of being cynical and offensive, maybe you should take into consideration that his friend has just gone through a really bad experience and not just jump to conclusions that he is going to die or turn into a "veggie". as the OP has stated his friends scans are showing no damage to his brain which is a miracle and fantastic. give the guy hope, a chance and faith before you say stuff like that.

and znegative i agree with you as well. it's completely unfair that people are taking this out on the mods and people that are trying to help these people in need. we all did our best and gave our opinions on what he should do in the situation and we should be glad he did so. don't listen to the trolls and asses - everyone on BL is really appreciative for your work as mods and helping people on here that are in need. i know that i am appreciative for all the staff here on BL. you're all a fantastic team and make this site great, sometimes people make mistakes but then again other people chipped in (myself included) and advised to get to an ER which is what happened in this case and hence harm reduction came into play. don't get beat up about this, nothing to be beat up about, everyone did what they thought was correct and it landed him in safe hands.

Mods donate their time and thats very nice, we all respect that.

But lets get one thing very clear, being a drug addict/former drug addict does not make you anywhere close to a pharm expert or medical expert. You may have knowledge (google) and experiance (drug addict) but there are manyyyy factors within medicine that have nothing to do with drug abuse (related directly) that are used every day to treat drug overdoses (the whole every person is different in body chemistry thing). Not hating, but theres noone on this board thatll help you like a ER can (and thats not an insult. Its just common sense) especially with "RESEARCH CHEMICALS".

Cant stress enough how crazy it is, for someone to hop on a message board and ask "Wtf i do!?" Just go straight to hospital. Not shittin on the OP we were all/am young n dumb, young, or dumb at some point just important.
Take Care

^ I UA'd that post as well as a few others. Lets stay on topic.

With these kind of threads I think simply saying "Go to the ER" can be quite dismissive and unhelpful to the OP...

The OP shouldn't even make a thread. They should go straight to the hospital.

Going to ER is not dismissive.

it's cut with coke

Nobody cuts weed with coke. It's not cost effective and cocaine is a salt, you can't smoke a salt.

Buy the shitty weed and learn how to make honey oil. Then add a few drops to a joint rolled with that shitty weed and it will be the best weed you ever had.

Mods donate their time and thats very nice, we all respect that.

But lets get one thing very clear, being a drug addict/former drug addict does not make you anywhere close to a pharm expert or medical expert. You may have knowledge (google) and experiance (drug addict) but there are manyyyy factors within medicine that have nothing to do with drug abuse (related directly) that are used every day to treat drug overdoses (the whole every person is different in body chemistry thing). Not hating, but theres noone on this board thatll help you like a ER can (and thats not an insult. Its just common sense) especially with "RESEARCH CHEMICALS".

Cant stress enough how crazy it is, for someone to hop on a message board and ask "Wtf i do!?" Just go straight to hospital. Not shittin on the OP we were all/am young n dumb, young, or dumb at some point just important.
Take Care

I'm not sue if this was written, misunderstanding my response or not, but it basically sums up exactly how I feel about the situation.

Znegative, indeed our site is different and different does not mean better or worse, that was not the point. In the particular case mentioned it was a member of many years and we weren't thinking of a hoax but making sure he didnt got overwhelmed before being able to get help, in which case he'd be dying on the floor of his appartment. It was clear he was ready to get help but we werent sure if he made it to help. We as a community reserve the right to intervene, with integrity and assuring the intervention has no harmful consequences, at times peoples lives are truly in danger. Harm reduction means sometimes intervening when there is harm, taking it from the digital world into real life.

As non medical professionals we cannot dispense medical advice. Even if we were that, it would be gravely irresponsible to do so though an online medium. What you can do however in serious cases is refer people to medical care, and taking effort to break through their inertia and procrastination to assure they seek out that help or block our communication towards them.

Each community decides how far they are willing to go in that.

I think the best minimum course of action is to refer substantial OD cases to medical help and insist on it until they do or go away.

I skipped to the last post as usual so haven't seen any argueing thank god. Just wanted to thank the mods for putting the WARNING in the thread title.

This is a public health concern and the fact that it was only ten times the active dose makes me uncomfortable. I had always been particularly leery about this chemical - even more so than other cannibinoids which I've never felt the need to use before.

Hopefully this won't turn into another bromo-dfly nightmare.

@Thou I'm pretty sure he said it was 100x the usual dose, not 10x.

Wow if anyone here thinks its ok for any site to go through user information, find out where they live, and then CALL THE HOSPITAL TO SEE IF THEY WENT, without their OK....You guys have some seriously fucked up views of privacy.

Seriously Ashante what site? I never want to go there. Ok so its different, so thats how you do things there. great, awesome for you guys. Please tell me so I never go there myself. If youre so proud of it you should have no problems telling me what it is so I can avoid it myself (clearly you dont want "crazies" like me there who dont want you FINDING out personal information about me and CALLING A HOSPITAL on my behalf, against my will).

Its the OPs choice to go to a hospital. No matter the scenario. Yes the advice we should all give is to go, but they are by no means obligated to do so. Its their lives, and they can do whatever they want. For example plenty of people here have horrible IV practices. Do you guys on your site call up their local needle exchanges and hospitals to inform on those people?

This is not some rushed judgement, dont get it twisetd. Once again youre all 100% right: they may do things differently over there. By all means keep at it. I'm not yelling to burn the site down. But tell me where this is, so I personally will NEVER go there. Either by choice or by accident. I want nothing to do with such a site. If you all think its "OK" start posting over there. In my opinion that is so fucked that I really want to actively avoid such a site and community. BL is not like that, thats why I post here.

FYI I dont use twitter or facebook.

Last edited:
I thought he was trying for 10mg and got 100mg, isn't that 10x? What's the active dose, 1mg? If so then he CERTAINLY shouldn't have been trying for 10mg. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I'm pretty sure he said it was written somewhere as 1.00, which was the dose he wanted. Instead he ended up taking 100

DooMMooD if you actually read instead of raged, it should be pretty clear that the guy had decided to go but there was uncertainty on whether he made it there. There was no "against his will". If you join a site and you see in the joining info that the site reserves the right to intervene in case of emergency, then by all means don't join it.

I read it in its entirely. You think you saved his life, but what did your phone call do? You admitted all the mod did was call to see if he walked in. You guys didn't send an ambulance, you guys didn't call for help. You simply checked to see if he helped himself. Which is really next to useless IMO.

You also never answered my question. Do you guys call up people who have dirty IV practices? Surely that'd save more lives than some dude who took himself to the hospital, no?

if you guys are so proud of what you're doing there, by all means keep it up. I am not for a second telling you to stop doing what youre doing. But if youre happy with how it works, you should have 0 problems telling me what site it is so i can actively avoid it. Clearly you dont want "raging" members like me there anyway, so I dont really see the dilemma here...

Why are you hiding the site if you guys do such good work? Do me the favor and tell me so me and the other guy can avoid it. You wont have me there, and then anyone else who wants to post there is free to check it out. Win-win-win.