• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs UR-144 massive overdose WARNING

*EDIT*

OP has more information regarding this overdose and I have re-opened the thread for him to provide it.

Last edited:
thanks for reopening the thread because really I have to warn how ur144 if ODed is not benign at all, I know you can accidently OD on some drugs and get away with it but with ur144 you don't, at least my friend didn't.

Yesterday, I just came back from the hospital with terrible news, my friend is now a vegetable, I was able to visit him, the doctor told me he was in stable condition but will be kept 24 more hours to prevent a relapse.
He said that his cognitive function is totally unresponsive, he is clearly not tripping anymore and looks normal but when I talk to him he didn't even knew my name!!
and he had a lot of difficulties to talk, he doesn't know what is happening to him, I tried to explain but he barely understands I am truly terrified that this drug has ruined the life of my friend forever.
The worse is that he stills live with his parents and I will have to admit all the story.
the doctors told me they think that this brain damage is permanent and he will hardly recover, they will assess a brain scan but this will certainly not help.
Today I went again to see him, he is barely recovering, at least he can recall his name and can hold a basic discussion with me, I hope it gets better but I don't have a lot of hopes. He couldn't even recall the current year and said 2008 therefore the doctor thinks he has retrograde amnesia and possibly anterograde but not confirmed.
We are both screwed in so many ways, his parents were there and they were crying over this, I couldn't do anything but excuse me and my friend from being so dumb.
We made an horrible mistake, synthetic cannabinoids should always be dosed extremely precisely and not eyeballed like a dumbass!
btw, the dosage we wanted to dose wasn't 10mg this is a typo, it was 1mg and now I know why we put 100mg and not 1mg, because the website wrote 1.00mg and we weren't attentive at all.
Now I threw the bag of ur144, I don't want to see this drug anymore, we thought RCs were fun, well they are, if you use them with care.
All I can hope is that the police doesn't get involved with that and cause further disturbances.
anyway this is all I can say for now, I will update if there is some improvement.

Damn dude that sucks but unless your buddy was deprived of oxygen I dont think he will be a "vegtable" as you put it. The fact that he is talking is a good sign. I would bet that he makes a full recovery.

Jesus. That's horrible.

I hope he has a full recovery but damn that story was just terrible. :(

This is terrible. Do keep us all informed as to his progress, and I wish you both all the best

this one is a good warning about ur144 its not as safe as you all think its a sod for making me fit . i'm sorry about your friend and hope that he make a full recovery

fuck man that is really shitty. i hope he gets better.

Btw this is why i dont touch rc's

isnt real weed good enough??

i still do not get how any of these noids can be classed as anything like weed iv not yet found anything like weed when using more a intense out of body/reality style trip non of couch lock or relaxation of weed/hash

Some people such as myself cant smoke weed bc of legal issues and resort to rcs. If an appropriate scale is used and the user is well informed beforehand on dose/effects the rc noids can be a good replacement. I havent had any problems with the ur-144/akb48 blend I make but accidents can happen. Its scary that something such as this can happen in an overdose as I thought overdoses were fairy harmless physically.

These compounds should be sold in electronic cigarette atomizers after being responsibly diluted in propylene glycol by adults.

Or not sold at all. My 2c

Or caution should be exercised a little bit more stringently when dosing powders.

Regardless of crystalline density 100mg looks quite different than 10mg. Regardless of what it is. Be safe please.

Shit like this pisses me off... Look kids if you wanna get high either buy some weed or raid the nearest medicine cabinet...
They call them 'research chemicals' for a reason..they are still in the research phase, not much known about how these drugs act in the body.
Next time, ditch the synthetics, go like a man and buy some REAL MARIJUANAS or find some Opis and leave that stupid shit alone..

I was gonna say earlier on just give your buddy a xan bar and let him chill...too late now hes a veggie

^That's a bit harsh. EDIT: And it's not cool to recommend someone switch to opiates :(

OP - thanks for keeping us updated, it is important for people to know there are real risks with these chemicals. I really hope your friend recovers <3

Last edited:
Shit like this pisses me off... Look kids if you wanna get high either buy some weed or raid the nearest medicine cabinet...
They call them 'research chemicals' for a reason..they are still in the research phase, not much known about how these drugs act in the body.
Next time, ditch the synthetics, go like a man and buy some REAL MARIJUANAS or find some Opis and leave that stupid shit alone..

I was gonna say earlier on just give your buddy a xan bar and let him chill...too late now hes a veggie

Your an idiot dont listen to this guy. I would much rather do ur-144 than smoke marijuana and risk going to jail for a failed drug test. And I would definitely recommend using ur-144 instead of opiates as an addiction to opiates is not any better than using research chemicals. Of course you shouldnt do drugs at all but dont tell someone to just do opiates or benzos in place of ur-144 just because there isnt any clinical research on it.

sorry but one day ur-144 is going to bite you in the arse and its not going to be nice and its not a matter of you took to much this one is just a bitch just my 2 cents , but i really think if any are going to cause problems its this one but that's for another post . lets hope in the next few weeks he improves

Sad story, I'm sorry my father has a similar brain condition from hardcore alcoholism, and it's a difficult process. Please don't feel entirely guilty, while it should b said and noted you didn't use sufficient caution with a unknown research chemical, you didn't force him to do it and he also was responsible for the retarded dosage he took. It obvious you are a kid or young adult, don't let this ruin you or haunt you. Just let it be a tragic sucked up situation where you realized what might have happened to you if it had been you and just enjoy your life for his sake as well as yours and do what you need to to feel happy. And dont stop being around him if he's permanently disabled he and his family will need all the support the can get.

And fuck all those retarded members and a fucking mod who said ride it out. If the result of unexpectedly high dose of a basically untested research chemical, you should ALWAYS SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION! THIS SHOULD BE SOMETHING MUCH MORE STRICTLY ENFORCED THAN A LOT OF OTHER BULLSHIT ON THIS SITE.

I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's misadventure and I hope he somehow makes a recovery still. Its an RC, virtually unknown to science, cannabinoids cause memory disruption so I think its too soon for the doctor to say it wont improve much.

And fuck all those retarded members and a fucking mod who said ride it out. If the result of unexpectedly high dose of a basically untested research chemical, you should ALWAYS SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION! THIS SHOULD BE SOMETHING MUCH MORE STRICTLY ENFORCED THAN A LOT OF OTHER BULLSHIT ON THIS SITE.

I wouldnt put it quite like that, but I agree that in case of RC overdose the efforts of the mods and members should be on breaking the inertia of the member and getting him to dial 911. The ruckus of calling 911 does not measure up to, well, the potential tragedy that unfolded here. In the interest of harm reduction, take no chances. Its better to be a bit alarmist than to be dead wrong on someones health. Overdoses happen, especially here in the frontline trenches of the Drug War, and we must be alert and refer people the moment a situation turns medical.

On the site where I'm a staffer we actively push people to 911 in cases like these because its our experience that people are master escape artists and procrastinate about seeking help until it often is too late. We even had a case of a guy caught in a neighborhood forest fire who kept posting, posting while everybody was fleeing until we finally snapped him out of his escape trance, and he quite literally had to run to the lake for safety.

Sorry to criticize but I feel the ball was dropped here.

911 should have been pushed from the moment of overdose and the member should have been strongly dissuaded to take a convulsing, unresponsive friend to the ER in his car when it was most definitely ambulance time. Mods should have been persuasive, in my view, in having him seek medical help, not just suggestive of it.

I hope OP's friend will pull through and that the community and staff will reflect on this in heightened risk awareness. On my site, the staffers are reviewing this situation in the private staff forum to see what we can learn from this tragedy, I hope the Bluelight staff will do the same.

wow, man. sending all positive vibes to your friend, his family and you. i really hope he pulls out the other side of this as best as he can<3

please do keep us updated with his situation as it progresses, if you can bring yourself to it.
'
again, much love and all positive vibes and love to you guys<3

I advised the OP to call emergency and I would have definitely advised the OP to call 911 sooner if I had seen the thread sooner. I think there is so little known about this chemical and another point that I don't think anyone has made yet is that just because something was sold as UR-144 is no guarantee that it is definitely UR-144, and everyone reacts to drugs differently. When in doubt and when someone has taken a large overdose of a RC I feel it's definitely always worth it to be on the safe side and seek medical attention.

Another mod did post:

Bluelight is not an emergency help forum. Call an ambulance if you are scared for your friend's safety.

Other people posted:
I'd call for an ambulance by now if he's unresponsive.

he needs to go to the hospital. GO, STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE FACT THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW YOUR DOING DRUGS. YOUR FRIENDS LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT STUPID CHILDISH SHIT.

So I don't think it's fair to say everyone dropped the ball on this. I think some people were just going from personal experience or what they had heard about synthetic cannabinoids and assumed there was nothing doctors would be able to do and/or (unfortunately wrongly) assumed it wasn't likely to turn serious. In addition the OP originally posted that his friend accidentally took 10X the intended dose, and it turned out it was actually 100X the intended dose.

We also try to discourage urgent/overdose threads and it's in the guidelines:
7) NO "URGENT REPLY" REQUESTS!
If there is an actual emergency you shouldn't be posting about it on the internet. We do not act as an emergency response team. If you or a friend's life is in danger, contact Emergency Medical Services.
We can't guarantee a fast or accurate response if someone decides to post on here instead of call 911, and we can't guarantee that mods will be online. Normally threads like this if they are noticed by the OD mods in time will get a "Go to the ER!" response and get shut down quickly so as not to encourage the poster to hesitate or waste more time posting when they could be calling emergency. I think the main problems here was that no OD mods saw it until after he went to the hospital (not their fault) and that most people weren't aware of the potential seriousness of an UR-144 overdose. Now we know. Everything I have read before about UR-144 overdoses said it was not serious/fatal, just unpleasant, that it's supposed to be safer than other synth cannabinoids, etc, so it does not seem totally reckless for people to have believed that.

I think in general if anything people on Bluelight tend to actually usually be over-reactive about telling people to go to the ER, and this experience will likely make that even more so.

. . . . . .

I would also, as 1 or 2 people pointed out, not assume the friend is going to have permanent brain damage, it's too soon to know that so try not to worry SO much OP <3. I really hope he makes a full recovery, and I hope you let us know what happens. Hopefully this experience can at least be used to help warn others in the future of the potential risks of this drug.

Last edited:
Lol....

I gotta agree, if this really is a "harm reduction" forum....there is zero excuse for a mod to say "wait it out". So just as its a learning exp for everyone else let it be for you as well.

No offense, but thats ridiculous. Not to mention instead of apoligizing and taking the OPs warning seriously, its like you know more than the DOCTORS treating him. Saying stuff like "too soon to tell", you have no idea nor right to really make that claim.

Hope your friend recovers OP

The medical staff is generally not familiar with RC overdoses, it is very odd to call the damage permanent at this point by the staff. I'm sure he will recover.