• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs UR-144 massive overdose WARNING

That's the thing about administering powerful chemicals to yourself, if you take 100x normal dose there could be a problem. Be thankful he wasn't taking an NBOME chemical because 100 mg of that would probably have killed him. You have learned a valuable lesson, never take 100x recommended dose of any RC. I feel sorry for the guy but it's really pretty hard to mistake 100 mg for 1, considering you can barely even see 1 mg. The fact that it filled the pipe bowl would have been the first clue that it was too much. Cannabinoids will cause seizures if taken in high doses, which is why you make sure you don't. He was lucky it was UR-144 and not AM-2201 or JWH-018, full agonists for both CB1 and CB2. UR-144 is only a full agonist for CB2 which causes less bad effects.

I'm actually doubtful that this thread is even a true story. Could be a cop trying to make people scared of UR-144. If it is a true story and the guy has brain damage it's probably from all the benzos they gave him. Sounds like you're in a primitive country so the doctors probably aren't real competent, if you aren't Officer Friendly sitting in his office in downtown San Diego.

Last edited:
If it is a true story and the guy has brain damage it's probably from all the benzos they gave him.

Benzodiazepines do not cause brain damage, especially at medical setting. Convulsions/seizures might do, and that is the reasons they gave benzos in the first place.

If there is brain damage, its likely from UR-144 induced vasoconstriction, the convulsions or lack of oxygen to the brain. Unless there are brain scan results showing an area to be offline, its a good assumption that much recovery is still possible, as the primary cognitive side effect of cannabinoids is the very memory disruption considered to be damage. His liver may be overwhelmed and his blood flooded with UR-144 still. If thats the case then theres much room for recovery once his blood levels drop and the dust settles.

With these kind of threads I think simply saying "Go to the ER" can be quite dismissive and unhelpful to the OP...

I agree, especially if the thread is locked after. It may be policy but it gives a feeling of BL withdrawing for legal reasons more than an action in the users interest. I feel, but thats me, that active persuasion to seek help is called for. BL is no substitute for medical help, but there can be a role for the community to push a desperate person towards getting that medical help.

Its a great big mess to engage in, I agree, but a drug community truly shines in times of great peril where everybody scrambles to assure someone doesnt come to harm. I feel doing anything it takes to assure someone snaps out of his inertia and gets medical help is part of this.

During one of the most recent OD's on "our" site members and staffers were rallying to make the user seek help and some members even pommeled the users PM box to assure he did what he had to do. The staff behind the scenes traced his identity and doublechecked if indeed he went, to the point of a mod phoning his local hospital and beyond. Because of all that action he got to WALK into the ER and (after artificial coma and everything they could throw at him) got to walk out again. If we hadnt insisted he would only have gone much later and in fact, it was 131mg 2C-P, he might have been too overwhelmed to go and that means he would have died. We saved a life and the drama surrounding the OD brought the community together and sent a powerful harm reduction message to the membership.

Again sorry to criticize, its not my board so its damn easy to do - but I mean it in a constructive way.

Last edited:
His symptoms sound to me like they could just be some kind of massive cannabinoid-hangover because his body couldn't clear the substance out yet. Heard of people showing symptoms like that after taking too much of extremely potent cannabinoids. Some reports mention seizures as well. But usually the symptoms go away. But there's also the possibility of the seizures causing brain damage, so you can't rule that out, but i don't understand why the doctors jump to such harsh conclusions when they admittedly don't know much about what happened.

So imho there's the possibility of him getting better but it also could be permanent. But i find it quite strange that they tell you it's permanent this quick. Doctors normally don't throw such hard statements around easily, especially if they are unexperienced with the substances that caused this etc.

So yeah, some things about the story are a bit strange but i wouldn't go as far as to say it sounds fake. Maybe more of a misunderstanding that the OP could clarify.

Jesus Christ. I'm so sorry for your friend - but thank god you got him to hospital as soon as you could. You made the right choice. This goes to show you how important it is to be careful with this RC junk. It's more dangerous than heavy drugs because people assume they are safer or make mistakes on their dosing..

I hope that your friend makes a recovery from this - it's not too late, he can still come out of it. It will just take a long time to heal. I will pray for his recovery and hope that he gets better.

Again, thank god you went to hospital. He could have died if you hadn't of.

Keep us posted as to how he's doing if you have the time.

Best wishes from me, and I'm so sorry for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing about administering powerful chemicals to yourself, if you take 100x normal dose there could be a problem. Be thankful he wasn't taking an NBOME chemical because 100 mg of that would probably have killed him. You have learned a valuable lesson, never take 100x recommended dose of any RC. I feel sorry for the guy but it's really pretty hard to mistake 100 mg for 1, considering you can barely even see 1 mg. The fact that it filled the pipe bowl would have been the first clue that it was too much. Cannabinoids will cause seizures if taken in high doses, which is why you make sure you don't. He was lucky it was UR-144 and not AM-2201 or JWH-018, full agonists for both CB1 and CB2. UR-144 is only a full agonist for CB2 which causes less bad effects.

I'm actually doubtful that this thread is even a true story. Could be a cop trying to make people scared of UR-144. If it is a true story and the guy has brain damage it's probably from all the benzos they gave him. Sounds like you're in a primitive country so the doctors probably aren't real competent, if you aren't Officer Friendly sitting in his office in downtown San Diego.

What a ridiculous post. First of all, why the fuck would this topic be made by a cop.

Second, the OP gave the reason for their taking 100x an active dose: not seeing the period between the "1.00 mg" listed as a starting dose on a website.

Have some civility and compassion before making a shitpost like this.

I will try to answers all your questions as much as possible.
fuck man that is really shitty. i hope he gets better.

Btw this is why i dont touch rc's

isnt real weed good enough??
Shit like this pisses me off... Look kids if you wanna get high either buy some weed or raid the nearest medicine cabinet...
They call them 'research chemicals' for a reason..they are still in the research phase, not much known about how these drugs act in the body.
Next time, ditch the synthetics, go like a man and buy some REAL MARIJUANAS or find some Opis and leave that stupid shit alone..

I was gonna say earlier on just give your buddy a xan bar and let him chill...too late now hes a veggie
We DO prefer weed than any other RC but getting weed here is an hard task, not only because we live in a rural area but the police is really paranoid about illegal drugs, if you want weed you gotta buy it from immigrants but their weed is pure bullshit. it's cut with coke or even toxic compounds, it's kinda dirty and they even add thin pieces of glass to make you think it's high quality weed, I mean WTF this is deadly.
Also there are some police officers undercover who sells you drugs and then bust you for purchasing them, the police is really paranoid about illegal drugs and they enjoy doing that.
we were thinking about growing our own weed but some of our friends who already did this were busted by the police, they see the plants with helicopters then they come to arrest you.
we already tried synthetics cannabinoids before ur144 and it was going all fine, jwh018 for instance that's the one we used to buy before it became illegal.

Your an idiot dont listen to this guy. I would much rather do ur-144 than smoke marijuana and risk going to jail for a failed drug test. And I would definitely recommend using ur-144 instead of opiates as an addiction to opiates is not any better than using research chemicals. Of course you shouldnt do drugs at all but dont tell someone to just do opiates or benzos in place of ur-144 just because there isnt any clinical research on it.
yep another reason for not taking weed, I got a job and every 3 months they force me to do a drug test, if it says POSITIVE then I'm fired as simple as that, this is too much of a risk.

in fact we misread the dose, we read 1.00mg as 100mg, I took my 0.001g scale to measure that stuff, if we had in mind 1mg we would have measured the correct amount and it would be alright but we were so eager to try that stuff that we misread the amount, what a bunch of idiots we are really!
I reassure you I'm not a cop =D the benzos didn't give him brain damage (he already did benzos like etizolam and downers usually doesn't impair his brain), the doctor even said it could help to limit vegetative state spread which is weird.

For the others thank you for your messages of support and while I work all the day and don't have much time to visit him I did go there tonight and I have more hopes about recovery.
the doctor told me he assessed his brain with a scanner and the scanner shows no lesions or actual brain damage, this is a huge relief!
I could only talk to my friend for no more than 10mins, when I just came he called me by my name and knew who I am, he still had difficulties to talk but it's much much better than ever yesterday. sometimes he would have incoherent speech but he was asking me what he was doing there as he doesn't recall anything, however he knows we're in 2012 but he says he looks sluggy and stoned but a bit less than before. I think that this is the reason he couldn't talk, he was still tripping balls during several days, this is crazy I don't know what isthe half lif of ur144 but I didn't expect that.
he also told me he's hallucinating and having visions, like he saw someone that wasn't here, he was yelling at someone and when the nurse came he turned his head away and the guy disappeared and she said there was no one, weird...
I never heard that from cannabinoids.
Then I had a discussion with the doctor who said his state is improving and that he might recover his cognitive functions, but he will be kept for at least one week as he had to be IVed valium several times due to seizure relapse.
then he wanted to know about the drug, I told him jwh018 because it's already illegal and Idon't want the police to investigate on that stuff. and then he made the typical anti drug propaganda speech (drugs are evil, it ruins your life, it kill babies etc...).

This is a huge relief for me, and his parents, at least they were kinda comprehensive and didn't call the cops.
Now we both learned the lesson, he could have died but thanks god we did go to ER

since when was UR-144 a vasoconstrictor?
As far as I'm aware cannabinoids usually act as vasodilators...
I think cannabinoids are vasodilators too but in the ER he was suffering from parestesia (I think that's the word for massive vasoconstriction) with hyperventilation syndrome.

Hey the results sound promising! Perhaps he's still high (it sounds like that, from what he's saying) and still coming down. I don't know the half life of the stuff, but given its potency it will most likely still be clearing out of his system, and he probably still has a relatively high dose still in him. Yeah the benzos will help him from not suffering brain damage - they will inhibit the excitory neurons from over firing and putting stress on his brain. They will also stop him from convulsing any further which is what causes brain damage too.

I think it's great news - he sounds as if he's recovering well. I hope he keeps improving further. Take this as a vital lesson - and to anyone else reading it, RCs are not harmless, and you need to be extremely careful with them. I hope this is a lesson for you too parmalat. Please don't mess with these things again.

All my best wishes once again and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I personally would have told the doctor that it was ur-144 instead of lying about what he ingested so that it doesn't get investigated. That way if anyone has the same fuck up they could better treat the patient. By lying, this gives the facility you went to false information about jwh-018 as well.

I am glad that your friend is doing better and that he seems to be making vast improvements, and I'm very sorry that you, he, and his family had to go through all this bullshit. Good luck with all this and just be sure to be more careful in the future when you research drugs you are about to ingest - especially when looking into the proper dosing for a good experience. Not to play down this event or anything, but I'm glad it was a synthetic cannabinoid and not a 2c-x, 2c-tx, or 25x-nbome drug that you had this hiccup with. taking 100x the dose of one of this will likely result in death or a more serious complication than what you experienced with this.

All the best,
Doug

During one of the most recent OD's on "our" site members and staffers were rallying to make the user seek help and some members even pommeled the users PM box to assure he did what he had to do. The staff behind the scenes traced his identity and doublechecked if indeed he went, to the point of a mod phoning his local hospital and beyond. Because of all that action he got to WALK into the ER and (after artificial coma and everything they could throw at him) got to walk out again. .

Wow did anyone else fucking read this? PLEASE tell me what site you are on the staff of, so I can be sure to NEVER post there. That is some scary, big brother shit. I dont care if you "saved his life" (which I dont feel you guys did anyway) that shit is UN FUCKING ACCEPTABLE.

People come on here asking for input and advice in an ANONYMOUS SETTING. If they choose to stop being anonymous that is THEIR choice, not yours. They're not asking you to track them down and find who they are. Thats kinda the point of posting on an internet forum versus asking someone in person.

Seriously, what site? Please let me know as I never even want to click on it.

Also SD, dont try and cover for sekio saying ride it out. He said it, he shouldn't have. It happens. End of story.

On the topic: I hope your friends OK. Thats some serious shit. I hope you learned a lesson at least.

Though that last post by the OP did make me think troll...

Last edited:
Hey the results sound promising! Perhaps he's still high (it sounds like that, from what he's saying) and still coming down. I don't know the half life of the stuff, but given its potency it will most likely still be clearing out of his system, and he probably still has a relatively high dose still in him. Yeah the benzos will help him from not suffering brain damage - they will inhibit the excitory neurons from over firing and putting stress on his brain. They will also stop him from convulsing any further which is what causes brain damage too.

I think it's great news - he sounds as if he's recovering well. I hope he keeps improving further. Take this as a vital lesson - and to anyone else reading it, RCs are not harmless, and you need to be extremely careful with them. I hope this is a lesson for you too parmalat. Please don't mess with these things again.

All my best wishes once again and thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Yep that's why he was unresponsive. But hopefully the effects seem to decrease, I was fearing that ur144 was irreversible and could create covalent bonds with receptors or something weird.

I personally would have told the doctor that it was ur-144 instead of lying about what he ingested so that it doesn't get investigated. That way if anyone has the same fuck up they could better treat the patient. By lying, this gives the facility you went to false information about jwh-018 as well.

I am glad that your friend is doing better and that he seems to be making vast improvements, and I'm very sorry that you, he, and his family had to go through all this bullshit. Good luck with all this and just be sure to be more careful in the future when you research drugs you are about to ingest - especially when looking into the proper dosing for a good experience. Not to play down this event or anything, but I'm glad it was a synthetic cannabinoid and not a 2c-x, 2c-tx, or 25x-nbome drug that you had this hiccup with. taking 100x the dose of one of this will likely result in death or a more serious complication than what you experienced with this.

All the best,
Doug
I don't want to ruin others people fun, it's because of fools like us that drugs get banned. the doctors don't know any RC in any case, when I said jwh018 he was kinda stunned as he never heard of that, what about ur144? it's even more RC than jwh018.
they always do the same thing when you got a problem, they give you benzos and let you wait until the toxin clears out of your system.
I know, this is real bullshit, and we all agreed to keep that a secret and never tell anyone, his father also does drugs but only rarely, he did weed, psychedelics and was also interested in RCs but we live in a small village and if anyone ever gets to know that, we're screwed as everyone will talk behind our backs and think we're junkies, we're not we just do drugs occasionally.
yeah hopefully it wasn't a 2 something, I know a guy who was given a LSD blotter but inside was a huge dose of 2cbfly, this was the most horrible experience he ever experienced, he tripped for over 50 hours, went to ER with heart beating at over 200 and had morbid hallucinations all the time. he said it, a dramamine trip would be a pleasant experience compared to that hell. that's freaking scary and he ended up with permanent nerve damage, permanent anxiety and heart valve damage.

parasthesia means a pins-and-needles sensation, which can be caused by vasoconstriction but also a lot of other things including drugs, nerve damage or (most commonly) hyperventilation.
really glad to hear that things are looking up, hopefully the impaired cognition was from the drugs still being in his system.
I wish your friend a speedy recovery
yes that's it, he was breathing very fast indeed. but when cannabinoids should cause slower heart rate, he was beating quite fastly at first.

anyway, I will probably go back there friday and see if he's better, I hope so.

The OP, I'm truly relieved to hear that you're friend seems to be making a healthy recovery.

For the rest of you who feel as though the staff 'dropped the ball' so to speak on this, I got to ask, what do you expect us to do in these situations? Very few of us are medical professionals (for example, I'm a fucking comic book artist/illustrator), and it would be irresponsible to give out advice that could potentially be harmful, even if I know a lot about the topic at hand. Sure, part of the reason we are chosen is due to our knowledge of psychopharmacology, but its also because we know how the site runs, and know our harm reduction. Having a medical degree is not a requirement, and neither is being an expert in different blends of RC cannabinoids. The reason we say 'call 911' is not some lame cop out we use so we don't have to deal with an emergency we may or may not know much about, it's the responsible thing to say. Hunting down someone's identity and forcing ourselves into Bluelighters personal lives (even if its 'for their own safety') seems unethical to me. Believe me when I say that the staff here do everything they can to keep people from hurting themselves or others, and we DO care, or at least I care, and I know many others who certainly do too.

It's just like when you run into an OD in real life. If you have the means to stop it right then and there than go for it, (say its a heroin OD and you just happen to have a syringe filled with Naloxone in it, then sure, go for it if you know how to administer it correctly), but most of the time you won't, and at that point you got to put aside your own selfish (though perfectly reasonable) fears, and call 911. Especially when it comes to RC's...What is it you expected us to do?

I think the staff at BL and everyone who responded to this thread telling to call an ambulance did the correct thing. By doing so you most likely saved the guys life/prevented him from suffering permanent brain damage. If a person is in that kind of state, then there is no option other than to call an ambulance and get to the ER as soon as possible. The situation presented required an ambulance. There was nothing else you could have done except administer IV valium or clonazepam which I doubt highly that he had on hand - and even so, this could have even presented more damage if we were incorrect. Like Znegative has said, we are not medical professionals. All of us on BL can advise someone to what they should do in this kind of situation and frankly it was the correct advise.

In any case of an OD you have to put aside your own personal fears of "being caught" or "getting in trouble". It would have been beyond worse if the guy had died if we had of advised him to do anything else, or he had not have received proper medical treatment. Whenever i hear of a person on this forum in a state of shock, overdose or problem I always suggest a trip to the ER or a sitter nearby ready to take you, making sure you are completely honest about what the person has taken so that when help arrives they know what they are dealing with. You can't play with a persons life and not get help, its immoral and in the end of they day could lead to someone losing their life for the reason "i was scared i would get in trouble". I care deeply about anyone that posts on these forums asking for help when they are in need and i'm sure a lot of other people do too, I am truly sympathetic and want to know how they are getting along, hoping they will recover from their slip up. There is nothing worse than a person dying from and OD that could have been prevented if you simply called an ambulance or drove the person to a hospital.

I think everyone said and did the correct things in this situation. I am proud and grateful on behalf of the guy who was suffering that parmalat had the balls to take him to the ER. You should be too. You essentially saved his life or stopped him from suffering permanent brain damage.

When your dealing with someones life, having a medical degree is 100% a requirement.

All Due Respect

Right, which is why we say, call an ambulance, 'cause 1)We're not there, and 2)Many of us are not licensed health care professionals.

Sorry i got mixed messages when i read a post that stated a message board saved someones life.
My Mistake

Exactly. My first response to him when I saw the post was not wait it out. I said straight away to call an ambulance and get to the ER. There was no time to mess around and "wait it out". He had overdosed highly on a chemical which we know little to nothing about regarding its toxicity. It's my first response to anyone that has overdosed. I am not a medical professional and know a few things to do regarding an OD but in the end of the day, I or anyone else shouldn't be giving out advise they aren't 100% certain will help or give relief. In this case I understood there was seizing - therefore IV valium/clonazepam would have been the most suitable way to help the person, but again, I cannot give this advise as there may have been other things within the so called "RC". When he reached the hospital, he was given IV benzos, but I doubt the OP had these at hand either. Even if he did have them, he still should have gone to the ER regardless.

I still think that the first responses to the thread were wrong. The first response should have been go to the ER rather than wait it out or administer charcoal. He had taken an enormous overdose of an RC that we know little/nothing about. The first response should have been get him to the ER immediately. It should have been treated the same way as if a person had told BL that someone had taken a dose 100x the recommended dose stated to use regardless of the drug. Obviously this will cause problems. And in any case would definitely have required medical assistance rather than a forum.

This should be a message to anyone reading through this. If a person is presenting themselves on this forum with an OD of this nature - always advise to head to the ER as soon as possible with all the information regarding what the person has taken. Don't leave this up to chance or in the hands of people who aren't qualified to make judgements regarding a persons life.

Last edited by a moderator:
For ricecrispys sake! quit buying F'ing bags of poison from the grubbing mini-marts !
There is no acceptable excuse PERIOD

Wow did anyone else fucking read this? PLEASE tell me what site you are on the staff of, so I can be sure to NEVER post there. That is some scary, big brother shit. I dont care if you "saved his life" (which I dont feel you guys did anyway) that shit is UN FUCKING ACCEPTABLE.

Seriously, what site? Please let me know as I never even want to click on it.

Also SD, dont try and cover for sekio saying ride it out. He said it, he shouldn't have. It happens. End of story.

QUOTED FOR FUCKING TRUTH.
if WE, the users ourselves cant remain anonymous anymore then who the fuck IS anonymous? THE anonymous? fuck thats a VERY fucky thing to do although i like Holland and Luxembourg and Belgium and shit and go buy gear and and all kinds of really illegal shit every day from the street like its candy and for a price most of You who dont live there would NOT believe but acting like "that" site did (which we still dont know of) - THATS FUCKED!:!:X

This should be a message to anyone reading through this. If a person is presenting themselves on this forum with an OD of this nature - always advise to head to the ER as soon as possible with all the information regarding what the person has taken. Don't leave this up to chance or in the hands of people who aren't qualified to make judgements regarding a persons life.
Amen.