• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unable to discern between 1P-LSD and ETH-LAD

Today I put a blotter of 125ug ALD-52 and one of 150ug ETH-LAD into capsules and took one blindly. For the first few hours I couldn't tell which one I had taken. I went back and forth a few times trying to decide which it felt like. When the effects started to get strong, I decided it was probably the ALD-52. But after I reached the plateau, it started becoming increasingly obvious that I was on ETH-LAD.

ETH-LAD is pretty cool, but this experience made me realize how much more I like acid. LSD analogs are fun for the novelty, but going into the trip expecting an acid trip was a disappointment.

I don't usually make an effort to hold acid in mouth for a long time, I just chew it a little then swallow it. I figured putting it into a capsule wouldn't effect the comeup time, but it seemed to make a huge difference. The comeup was excruciatingly slow. For the first three hours of the trip i was convinced that my blotters had lost most of their potency.

I do definitely agree that LSD is the best of the bunch still (I include the LSD prodrugs, especially ALD-52 which I find superior to 1p-LSD, in with LSD). I love both AL-LAD and ETH-LAD, but LSD has this unique magic to it, it's everything, the trip is so diverse and far-reaching, euphoric and spiritual, just a really unique thing. I always think it's so amazing that it was the first one discovered to have psychoactive effects in humans, and even now that we are finally pushing into new territory, it's still the best.

I would think that the higher the dosage the less reliable discrimination would be, especially as subjectivity (set and setting) surpasses all else.

my point is that, for my use, there is no significant difference.

I do definitely agree that LSD is the best of the bunch still (I include the LSD prodrugs, especially ALD-52 which I find superior to 1p-LSD, in with LSD). I love both AL-LAD and ETH-LAD, but LSD has this unique magic to it, it's everything, the trip is so diverse and far-reaching, euphoric and spiritual, just a really unique thing. I always think it's so amazing that it was the first one discovered to have psychoactive effects in humans, and even now that we are finally pushing into new territory, it's still the best.

As The Orb say in one of their tracks "brought to you by the magic of LSD".
I don't want to sound like an acid bore, and I do love all of the cousins for varying reasons, but LSD is the grandaddy of them all. I went on a high dose acid trip the other day and it was utterly magical. The thought processes are unique as are the visuals.

I think the difference in terms of visuals between LSD and AL-LAD/ETH-LAD is that the latter seem to be more predictable. This may be because I have taken them more frequently than LSD over the past few years, but it is the unpredictability of LSD that makes it so fascinating. Whilst taking a break the other day I say in my kitchen and watched my trainer (sneaker for those in the US) walk across the floor. On ETH-LAD I have seen objects sliding and moving, but on acid it seemed more fluid; not only was the trainer moving but it was also bending, stretching and almost talking.

I had also taken some ETH-LAD and this always introduces new colours, like a mini firework display. With LSD you can never guarantee what sort of trip you will get mentally or visually, but the cousins definitely have more defined characteristics IMHO.

LSD is best for an all round trip, but the others are definitely highly worthwhile.