• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unable to discern between 1P-LSD and ETH-LAD

That's good to hear, as I am still hoping to enjoy the combination one of these days. :)

^^^ Yeah, it's weird, but I can smoke loads of cannabis, extracts and hash while on LSD, 1P-LSD and AL-LAD and the cannabis high would never be able to fully "penetrate" the acid high, especially with LSD and 1P-LSD.

But with ETH-LAD the cannabis high somehow sneaks in, builds up and results in bursts of complete derealisation when it feels that the brain is getting scrambled - not pleasurable and neither insightful for me. And it is considering that I am a pretty heavy daily smoker for the past 16 or so years.

Hmm, interesting.... Thanks for the detail. :) I'm curious, what are your doses of ETH-LAD generally like? I think I can relate to your comparison. Cannabis also blended well with AL-LAD for me and mostly just potentiated it like with LSD, but with ETH-LAD it really felt more like just being stoned while also tripping a bit, which wasn't quite as pleasant. Though, I did get the impression that this might be offset by taking a higher dose.

Nevertheless, ETH-LAD is nice and for some reason it makes me get in this japanese Zen garden anime-style mind set, perhaps because of the way mental images appear on it 8)

That sounds like fun. :) When you say "the way mental images appear on it", do you mean the way the images look in your head, or that images are emerging in reality around you? I could relate to both, as I've had both very anime-like mental imagery and very cartoony like hallucinations on psychedelics before, so I thought I'd ask for clarification lol.

I like the idea of blind testing 4-sub tryptamines too! I think I'll do with 4-Aco-DMT, 4-Aco-MET, 4-HO-MET, 4-Aco-MiPT and 4-Aco-DET ;)

Awesome, I look forward to your results! :D I really thought about including 4-HO-MiPT and also 4-HO-DiPT in mine too, but unfortunately I don't think I have enough of either to do both that and one more high dose trip, and I'd rather have the latter. Also, do you find 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET significantly different to begin with? I'm not sure I'd even need a blind test to tell you I couldn't distinguish those. Though, I suppose it would just add even more data....

I think it would be really cool if a lot of people took the chance to do this actually since there are so many psychedelics available, it sure would provide a lot of insight into just how different these molecules actually are for people. :)

I can relate to ETH-LAD's brain scramble... :) It makes everything take 5 times as long because I keep losing my train of thought, and gives me various other similar cognitive issues that make me feel like a senile, broken dude with terminal ADHD.

Yet it has also deluded me into thinking I could engage in 'quantum' thought processes i.e. that benefit from apparent jumps in time while all happening instantaneously. Probably in part this may just be relatively normal thought processes, but seen from a unique extra vantage point.

All in all, more novelty than I am used to with acid these days.

I am surprised that you did not notice the time effect with other psychedelics, watch for it, IMO it underlies all the psychedelic phenomena (i.e. slower fading of time frames of experience - with overlays, confusion, popping forward and back, deja vu etc.)

Of course I have, but usually it's just dilation or contraction and not so much the popping-n-locking which can get freaky mostly in extremer cases. Reversal was just a one time thing, probably the freakiest I've been not counting salvia.

I'm curious, what are your doses of ETH-LAD generally like?
Usually if taken by itself, 1-1.5 blotters rated at 100mcg. With ETH-LAD, for some reason, I don't want to push it further, not like with LSD, ALD-52 or 1P-LSD.

That sounds like fun. :) When you say "the way mental images appear on it", do you mean the way the images look in your head, or that images are emerging in reality around you? I could relate to both, as I've had both very anime-like mental imagery and very cartoony like hallucinations on psychedelics before, so I thought I'd ask for clarification lol.

It's both! :D
ETH-LAD allows for unique transparency and clarity of thought at the same time being comical and it kinda "smoothes" angles of reality, making an impression of anime style visuals for me. Hard to put in words the whole process really...8)

Also, do you find 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET significantly different to begin with? I'm not sure I'd even need a blind test to tell you I couldn't distinguish those. Though, I suppose it would just add even more data....

No, not significantly but nevertheless there are differences in magnitude of effects, timings, and general effects, therefore I was interested in testing these two extensively in particular to see if any consistency of effects could be registered.

Of course I have, but usually it's just dilation or contraction and not so much the popping-n-locking which can get freaky mostly in extremer cases. Reversal was just a one time thing, probably the freakiest I've been not counting salvia.

that's the guts of it: buffering of the conscious stream, and reconnecting recently experienced frames from the stream buffer in unusual sequences.
I've watched clocks go backward too - the old analog kind.

5468991431175215689.jpg

heheh

time drips for no man - but honestly the clock going backwards is funny in analog.

Clock_reversed.gif

other potential abounds

clock-gif.gif

I can relate to ETH-LAD's brain scramble... :) It makes everything take 5 times as long because I keep losing my train of thought, and gives me various other similar cognitive issues that make me feel like a senile, broken dude with terminal ADHD.

Yet it has also deluded me into thinking I could engage in 'quantum' thought processes i.e. that benefit from apparent jumps in time while all happening instantaneously. Probably in part this may just be relatively normal thought processes, but seen from a unique extra vantage point.

All in all, more novelty than I am used to with acid these days.

That does sound pretty interesting. :) Come to think of it, even on my 100 ug I did notice a sort of heavy cognitive fatigue, not the same as LSD's manic mind whirl at all, but enough to make me feel overwhelmed by its strength particularly at the peak. It also gave me this sort of buzzing or vibrating visual effect that I also notice significantly with 4-HO-MPT and 4-HO-DET (and 4-AcO-DET), and those ones tend to give me a lot of very strange or intangible psychological distortions like that.... So that's interesting, I really can't wait to take this one again. :)

Usually if taken by itself, 1-1.5 blotters rated at 100mcg. With ETH-LAD, for some reason, I don't want to push it further, not like with LSD, ALD-52 or 1P-LSD.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the clarification. :) Do you mind if I ask why? Given that I've only taken it once so far at 100 ug, I actually felt incredibly tempted to explore more deeply with it.... Maybe not as much as LSD due to the body load it gave me, but definitely more than, say, AL-LAD. I'm very curious to have one of those mind-blowingly strong trips on it so many people have spoken of....

It's both! :D
ETH-LAD allows for unique transparency and clarity of thought at the same time being comical and it kinda "smoothes" angles of reality, making an impression of anime style visuals for me. Hard to put in words the whole process really...8)

Sounds pretty nice. :) Thanks for clearing that up too lol. I'm excited to explore more with it!

No, not significantly but nevertheless there are differences in magnitude of effects, timings, and general effects, therefore I was interested in testing these two extensively in particular to see if any consistency of effects could be registered.

Makes sense, makes sense. Well, I'll definitely be interested in seeing what your findings are with that too. :D I suppose I could do the same with mine as well, as I do have 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DET.... I only have very vague ideas of what might differentiate them from the hydroxy versions for me though, and mostly non-psychedelic effects. But I suppose it would also be quite interesting if even that was enough for me to tell the difference....

For those that believe they can differentiate between the differing lysergamides, do you ever combine different ones say 100 mcg of AL-LAD & 100 mcg of ETH-LAD, and if so why?

I've tried Al-LAD LSD/1P-LSD combo and it's been pretty intense.
The hardest I've ever tripped has been off AL-LAD + 1P-LSD. Super visual, intense mindfuck. Get's kind of confusing though, much less clear headed than 1P on its own. I feel they blend together and synergize pretty well. Sometimes I feel I can differentiate the visuals I get from Al-LAD and LSD, and when I combo them I can see both kind of visuals simultaneously, like in layers more or less.

To me AL-LAD and LSD have entirely different visuals and quite different mental state too, although there is more similarity there. With ETH-LAD, I could see how blind trials might result in a lot less successful guesses as to which was taken, as the visuals are a lot more similar. I've only taken ETH-LAD once (and AL-LAD a good number of times, and LSD plenty), but I found the mental state a lot different from LSD, and more similar to mescaline in many ways. Of course it's difficult to draw real conclusions from one trial.

BTW, I find that LSD shows a lot of variance between trips. AL-LAD also seems to show differences everytime.
On the other hand, ETH-LAD seems to be the most consistent lysergamide for me, the timeline and effects have been the same in my four trials with it.
Of course, four is not a lot, but so far is has been like that.

I also find it a lot closer to LSD than AL-LAD, or LSZ, but at 100 ug it shows clear differences to me. At 50ug not so much.

Comparing psychedelics can be similar to the way audiophiles compare amplifiers. They definitely sound different when you compare them side by side, but the bigger difference is which music you play on them.

Amplifier = psychedelic drug
Music = mindset and setting

Anyways, I'm super excited for Kaleida's experiment, I hope you (and others) do it!

Anyways, I'm super excited for Kaleida's experiment, I hope you (and others) do it!

I definitely will, I'm super excited for it myself. :) It won't be right away though, I really want to do it right and there are a couple trips I'd like to get out of the way first. Like, I'm thinking I might just take my last big doses I hoped to get out of things I'm almost out of like 4-HO-DiPT so that I can just enter whatever's left afterwards as another part of the experiment. And I'm thinking of pushing a couple more things to more fully active doses and just totally expanding it.... At the moment I still have at least a bit of every 4-HO tryptamine I've ever owned - meaning those ending in MET, DET, MPT, EPT, DPT, MiPT, DiPT, and McPT - and I honestly wasn't planning to pursue anymore for a pretty long time, so now seems like the opportune moment. Plus I think it would be a cool way to retire the few of them that I would run out of as a result of this.

So, it may be at least a couple months off depending on how long that all takes, but I definitely won't forget. :)

Today I put a blotter of 125ug ALD-52 and one of 150ug ETH-LAD into capsules and took one blindly. For the first few hours I couldn't tell which one I had taken. I went back and forth a few times trying to decide which it felt like. When the effects started to get strong, I decided it was probably the ALD-52. But after I reached the plateau, it started becoming increasingly obvious that I was on ETH-LAD.

ETH-LAD is pretty cool, but this experience made me realize how much more I like acid. LSD analogs are fun for the novelty, but going into the trip expecting an acid trip was a disappointment.

I don't usually make an effort to hold acid in mouth for a long time, I just chew it a little then swallow it. I figured putting it into a capsule wouldn't effect the comeup time, but it seemed to make a huge difference. The comeup was excruciatingly slow. For the first three hours of the trip i was convinced that my blotters had lost most of their potency.

maybe if you do this you can break the gel cap with your teeth, and get out the camouflaged blotter without looking at it, swallow the gel cap and chew on the blotter for faster come up.
did you check the contents of the remaining gel cap? what did you take after all?

I could 100% tell the difference between al-lad, 1p-lsd, and LSD. Haven't had enough experience with eth-lad to comment.
Al-lad is a dead giveaway because of the shakiness it makes me feel coming up. Lsz is unique, a real headspace psychedelic. 1p-lsd and LSD are pretty close but I'm much more clear headed on 1p-lsd, LSD really confuses my logic thinking. I don't know but from a few snippets I think I might be stuck to distinguish eth-lad and LSD, because it sounds like they both mess with the logic thoughts of the brain.

I left it in the capsule so I wouldn't taste it. ETH-LAD is bitter and I don't recall the ALD-52 having any flavor.

I took the ETH-LAD. It was only hard to tell at the beginning. I started to recognise the distinct visuals, then I became aware of all the other differences. By the time I checked, I was already certain I had taken ETH-LAD. I imagine it wouldn't be as easy to recognize the differences at lower doses though.