• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

I want to agree with you, but I just don't think Hendo has the tools to beat Jones. Jones' size and strength would probably neutralize Hendo's wrestling, and I'm not sure the 'H-bomb' will work as well on Jones as it has Hendo's past opponents. I'd give the edge to Jones. It'd be a interesting fight to watch, though (providing we don't see a repeat performance of Hendo's last fight against Lyoto...)

NSFW:
00.gif

:!

Last edited:
Yeah that toe was pretty sick. Just think, despite owning Sonnen for the entire fight he was a minute away from losing because of it.

I want to agree with you, but I just don't think Hendo has the tools to beat Jones. Jones' size and strength would probably neutralize Hendo's wrestling, and I'm not sure the 'H-bomb' will work as well on Jones as it has Hendo's past opponents. I'd give the edge to Jones. It'd be a interesting fight to watch, though (providing we don't see a repeat performance of Hendo's last fight against Lyoto...)

That fight was more the result of Lyoto's style than Dan not trying to engage. Same thing happens in most Lyoto fights even against Jones (for 1 round anyway) but he got put to sleep by him.

Yeah that caught me by surprise. The way he spins after throwing it... so pro. I didn't think Vitor still had it in him, but he's looking good these days. Even when he lost to Jones he lost looking good. Some blame the TRT, but I don't know. I don't know enough about how much it affects a person's performance.

Yeah that caught me by surprise. The way he spins after throwing it... so pro. I didn't think Vitor still had it in him, but he's looking good these days. Even when he lost to Jones he lost looking good. Some blame the TRT, but I don't know. I don't know enough about how much it affects a person's performance.

That is the debate I am reading/observing on MMA sites. There was a good post of pics by someone on Bloody Elbow showing Vitor's physique from the time he began his career at 19 until this past week. And honestly, there isnt that much of a difference to me. But I would never claim to be an expert. However, in this day and age and having watched the steroid era of MLB, I dont believe Vitor is using TRT to bulk up like Barry Bonds obviously did. My opinion is the only enhancement (and I use that term lightly) Vitor is gaining is the ability to keep training at a high level well into his 30s. It is also affording him the ability to evolve his skillset which he needs to do if he wants another title shot at either LHW or MW in the future.

About the kick: watch his right foot spin around 180 degrees until the heel is facing Rockhold. This is where the power of that kick is harnessed as it allows his hips to open and drive the power of the kick. One of the defenses against this spinning type of kick (was just practicing it in Krav last night as a matter of fact) is to simply (yet it is not simply executed) perform a push kick into the top of attacker's ass/lower back region to throw off the power and balance of the kick. When done correct it is very effective.....and I still need lots of practice as it is all about timing. Of course if you dont see it coming, it does not matter. ;)

Ok, so Cain & Junior will go at it 1 more time (1-1) to hopefully settle the trilogy after their KOs last weekend.

Today's "As the UFC Turns" story is: Rousey v Tate Season 18 TUF after Zingano injury
Unbeaten Cat Zingano, who was slated to coach opposite women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, injured a knee and was replaced as coach by long-time Rousey rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey did not know that Zingano was injured - UFC president Dana White said it had been a tightly kept company secret since Zingano injured her right knee during a May 16 workout - or that Tate had been brought in to replace her, until the opening scenes of the show were filmed on Tuesday.

Interesting for ratings but not an interesting match up. Rousey beat Tate a year ago, nearly breaking her arm, to win the Strikeforce Women's BW title. Tate has gone 1-1 since and both losses were bad ones to aforementioned Rousey and most recently she got kicked and elbowed into a bloody mess by Zingano. Her lone win was a 3rd round late rally sub. Tate has not been the same since Rousey not only beat her physically but apparently psychologically as well. It stinks because Tate really does not deserve the title shot with her current run (1-2) of fights. But, in WMMA, the talent pool is shallow and the personality clash of Tate/Rousey will be needed to sell the fight.

Picks for this saturday?

I've got Swanson, Boetsch, Gracie, Edgar, Weidman (Yeah, Weidman).

i've got swanson, Munoz, Kennedy, Edgar, and Weidman.

matchmaking has been awful lately with all those international cards and giving every home town fighter a lesser fighter and playing it off as the major home advantage as the reason everyone is winning. this card is good but does frankie edgar vs. charles oliveira make any sense? why isn't he facing swanson at least. or even better ricardo llamas or chan sung jung both use to be on this card as well and he wasnt fighting either one.

But yeah weidman has the best shot at beating silva out of anyone he has ever faced imo.

^ This will be Edgar's first non-title match in many years. He has lost the last 3 so its time he earns his way back up to that kind of status. I'm thinking if he does win, it will set up a Swanson/Lamas/Edgar match up for next shot at Aldo's belt. And I say that assuming Aldo beats The Korean Zombie when they fight.

I like Weidman in this fight against Silva but I cannot to help think of the The Great White Hype. Weidman might either: control this fight in the clinch & ground for 5 rounds or get KO'd in rd1 or 2. I just dont know and dont trust the fact he doesnt have the cage experience....but you never know.

i think weidman vs silva someone will get finished. i really think weidman can sub or ko silva. but silva can very well knock him out as well.

dont see it going 5 rounds.

5/5 not bad.

holy shit i was so pumped after seeing silva get knocked the fuck out. my fav ko of all time easily.

that was embarrassing for silva

Embarrassing for him, shocking for the rest of us. He clowned and got KTFO.

i really wonder what is gonna happen. Sounds like he might want to go up to LHW but Dana White wants a rematch.

Embarrassing for him, shocking for the rest of us. He clowned and got KTFO.
all of the rest of my pics were legit, but silvas stupid ass screwed me on that one. I knew kennedy would be good. Some people are just born winners.

i really wonder what is gonna happen. Sounds like he might want to go up to LHW but Dana White wants a rematch.

Silva will go home, relax for a while then he and Dana will talk about a rematch. There is just too much $$$ involved to not have a rematch now. I even believe it is potentially the biggest PPV/prize money for both Silva & Weidman let alone the UFC in MMA history. Of course it is still nowhere near a decent boxing PPV event but may get the UFC to a new plateau in the fight business.

Meanwhile, speaking of PPVs, Invicta 6 is this weekend. GIRL FIGHTS!!!!! :D

Nice job on the picks, Mike. In hindsight I should of known Roger Gracie would have his hands full, I forget he's actually a pretty wack MMA fighter. Munoz is looking sharp again, which is good to see.

I've gotta admit I was happy to see Silva get KO'd like that. I hate all the showboating. Good to see him finally get what was coming to him. Even though I think it's fair to say he lost himself that fight, more than Weidman outclassing him. Assuming that Silva won't act like a monkey in the rematch, I can see him taking a fairly dominating win. I expected him to win on Saturday, but bet on Weidman because it'd make me more money....