• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK blanket ban on cannabinoids imminent?

I dunno why people cling to the whole idea of smoking 'herb' with these synthetic cannabinoids, smoking actual cannabis bud I can understand because of the taste and smell, but I don't like smoking random vegetable matter, so personally I dose synthetic cannabinoids onto cigarettes or vape the powder.

David Nutt said:
The UK government have published the draft for an amendment of the misuse of drugs act, adding some newly emerged drugs in as recommended by the advisory council on the misuse of drugs last year. You can read their explanation of the amendment here (pdf)
This includes MXE, its analogues and many synthetic cannabinoids

You can see the actual proposed legislation here.

I think it is now impossible to know if you are breaking the law unless you have a chemistry qualfication.

Last edited:
Good find paul, thanks for that.

AKB compounds aren't covered as the legislation does not mention indazoles, the chemical family they are a part of.

Adamantoyl indoles and indazoles
Adamantyl(1-pentylindol-3-yl)methanone AB-001
N-Adamantyl-1-pentylindol-3-carboxamide APICA, 2NE1
N-Adamantyl-1-(5-fluoropentyl)indol-3-carboxamide 5-F APICA, STS-135
N-Adamantyl-1-pentylindazole-3-carboxamide AKB48
N-Adamantyl-1-(5-fluoropentyl)indazole-3-carboxamide 5-F AKB48
1-[(N-Methylpiperidin-2-yl)methyl]-3-(adamant-1-oyl)indole AM1248

Good find paul, thanks for that.

AKB compounds aren't covered as the legislation does not mention indazoles, the chemical family they are a part of.

Each paragraph of the explicit structural features they mention says '..regardless of any further substitution in the indole ring' or words to that effect...I don't know wether you could argue that the second nitrogen in the indazole constitutes a substitution?

Will be a shame to see ur-144 go, that was my favourite and better than the JHW's in my opinion because of the lack of the psychotic/paranoia I'd experience from the AM's. What are the AKB's like? Anything like UR-144 or is it more like the AM's which I don't like?

You could argue that, but it wouldn't take much of a lawyer to get you out of it. Probably of no concern to anyone except vendors.

I honestly think this is a good idea. The horror stories that have come from reckless use of these substances is unreal and will save many people's lives. If you want to smoke weed, stick to the stuff you get from dealers, not this bollocks RC crap which is even more harmful than normal cannabis. Although I personally don't enjoy smoking weed, this is definitely a good idea. Legalisation of regular cannabis is the way forward IMO.

And the dissociatives? Prohibiting these cannabinoids just invites a wave of new ones which we know even less about. Already we are talking about currently available ones which will circumvent the new laws.

Bit of a oversight on their behalf isn't it? The bans before covered everything publicly available as well as many compounds that had only seen the (public, vendor based) light of day abroad.

Yeah, to be honest I wonder how long they are willing to spend dragging there feet with temporary measures like this rather than rethink the whole approach in a more enlightened way. It's a waste of resources, a stupid way to 'protect' people and it just makes it even more difficult to believe that the government isn't solely concerned with creating the vague impression of 'doing something' in reaction to tabloid flare ups about drugs.

Im guessing the oversight of those and the wording also means that those new Quinolin based analogues get round it too?

[ Quinolin-8-yl 1-(cyclohexylmethyl)-1H-indole-3-carboxylate]
[ Quinolin-8-yl-1-pentyl-1H-indole-3-carboxylate ]

Or is that bit in the wrong place? Although the potential for 8-hydroxyquinoline to be metabolically produced is pretty worrying. Mmmm I'd love to have antiseptic and antifungal that is suspected of causing diabetes floating round my veins.

WARNING

Cannabinoid in question is XLR-11, also known as 5F-UR-144.

In March 2012, the Wyoming Department of Health was notified by Natrona County public health officials regarding three patients hospitalized for unexplained acute kidney injury (AKI), all of whom reported recent use of synthetic cannabinoids (SCs), sometimes referred to as "synthetic marijuana." SCs are designer drugs of abuse typically dissolved in a solvent, applied to dried plant material, and smoked as an alternative to marijuana. AKI has not been reported previously in users of SCs and might be associated with 1) a previously unrecognized toxicity, 2) a contaminant or a known nephrotoxin present in a single batch of drug, or 3) a new SC compound entering the market.

After the Wyoming Department of Health launched an investigation and issued an alert, a total of 16 cases of AKI after SC use were reported in six states. Review of medical records, follow-up interviews with several patients, and laboratory analysis of product samples and clinical specimens were performed. The results of the investigation determined that no single SC brand or compound explained all 16 cases.

Toxicologic analysis of product samples and clinical specimens (available from seven cases) identified a fluorinated SC previously unreported in synthetic marijuana products: (1-(5-fluoropentyl)-1H-indol-3-yl)(2,2,3,3-tetramethylcyclopropyl) methanone, also known as XLR-11, in four of five product samples and four of six patients' clinical specimens. Public health practitioners, poison center staff members, and clinicians should be aware of the potential for renal or other unusual toxicities in users of SC products and should ask about SC use in cases of unexplained AKI.

I honestly think this is a good idea. The horror stories that have come from reckless use of these substances is unreal and will save many people's lives. If you want to smoke weed, stick to the stuff you get from dealers, not this bollocks RC crap which is even more harmful than normal cannabis. Although I personally don't enjoy smoking weed, this is definitely a good idea. Legalisation of regular cannabis is the way forward IMO.

NAO!

Legalize drugs. That'd be the good, harm reducing Idea.. Banning drugs never stopped anyone taking them, and only gives incentive for chemists to bypass the law, again, with possibly more dangerous chemicals.

Yep like 5F-UR-144 which has been fucking up people's kidneys as seen above.