• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK blanket ban on cannabinoids imminent?

velmwend

Bluelighter
I'm hearing that a blanket ban on all cannabinoids is to be introduced in the UK shortly. Personally never tried them, but I suppose this would explain why the UK RC vendors are slashing prices. One such has 50% off blends at the mo. 8(

A lot of folk are saying that they think it's a good thing ....something 'not right about those things'. Something awry? I dunno 8)

Why cannabinioids, why aren't they just covering all RCs in this?

Do the forces that be actually differentiate between the two?

They should ban all chemicals. This government can't be seen as being soft on chemicals.

Why cannabinioids, why aren't they just covering all RCs in this?

Do the forces that be actually differentiate between the two?

Cos there are literally (and I mean literally literally, although I haven't actually checked :p) hundreds of cannabinoids so their list will look great with all the ticks, my didn't they do a lot!

OK I've checked and their are 450 substances in the JWH series alone, then there are the HU, WIN, AM and CP series with lots in each and others, UR and AKB. It'll look fucking fantastic.

Last edited:
Is this like all the AM-2201 etc? Should just legalize weed and we wouldn't need such things in the first place as a research chemical. Although I've only smoked JWH-018 and a few blends like Spice/Magic from ages ago but that's the conclusion I came to after smoking them

I've never knowingly had a cannibanoid and don't even know what one is

I assume it's nothing to do with people eating but some kind of "legal high"with a marijuana-like effects.

Are we talking about something akin to what they have on script on California? Most importantly, does it/they work and get you high? Price of good grass these days, imagine it's a best seller if it does.

I've never knowingly had a cannibanoid and don't even know what one is

I assume it's nothing to do with people eating but some kind of "legal high"with a marijuana-like effects.

Are we talking about something akin to what they have on script on California? Most importantly, does it/they work and get you high? Price of good grass these days, imagine it's a best seller if it does.

Yes, synthetic chemicals (well, the synthetic ones are synthetic, THC and CBD are cannabinoids too and they are in marijuana, so you have had them) which tickle the brain's cannabinoid receptors, and yes they do get you high.

A blanket ban on cannabinoids would certainly make it awkward to legalise weed, which is full of the things. On the upside, it might mean no more minging plug-in air fresheners.

I really don't know why they don't just go the whole hog and ban the act of getting high, and any substance, device or technique used in effort to achieve this.

I'd be interested in in any link s to actual info on this, not the vague stuff on vendor sites.

I think it would be a bit of a departure from current UK law if it's as general as is being suggested

This is a good thing in my opinion, good fucking riddance. Nothing good can come from these synthetic cannabinoids, there is just absolutely no need for them when the proper tried and tested cannabinoids are millions of times better and safer.

The first wave of synthetic cannabinoids were'nt to bad Spice,yukatan fire (i think),, skunk etc I only used to smoke the blends,very sedating before bed. these new blends are way too strong unless you like a brutal panic attack for half an hour cowering in a corner............horrible stuff.

Although it was like smokin fish food,Spice was the best.

I don't agree with bans in principle and it's a shame as some of the new compounds might have been interesting. Especially CBD analogues, I don't like weed anymore as it gets me paranoid but I would definately be interested in some CBD derivates if they were ever to be produced and marketed.

I only bought some of that "herbal incense" once and it was from a honest company that listed the ingredients(Am 2201 and AM 694) and I have to admit that I quite enjoyed it although it came together with a big etizolam order and I was well stocked with kratom so paranoia wasn't an issue at the time. The taste was better than I expected too. Still the best solution would be to legalize weed and all those blends would disappear on their own. There would still be people experimenting with the pure chemicals, as it should be, but it would be the end of the incense sold in smart shops to unaware users.

Dammit,i never even thought about trying blends with kratom.Weed proper i can smoke on comedowns - zero paranoia for some strange reason.

I didnt used to like any of the blends as they caused panic attacks etc

then i read that 2 of the latest ones ur144 and mam2201 are the least anxiety provoking ones out there. I find that to be true for MAM, no anxiety whatever just sedating. I'll be stocking a little of that for sure.

UR144 isnt entirely anxiety free for myself, but its much better than all the other blends id tried.

When you make your own blends not only is it about 50 times cheaper than buying pre-made packs (i think the ratio for a medium stregth blend is 1g of cannabinoid to 50 gram of herb - uaually Damiana). The profits that could have beeen made from this would have been fuckin enormous. Now theyre getting banned i wouldnt even consider it, im way to stressed and paranoid to set up an illegal business like that, even something on a very small scale.

Also with home made blends you get to choose how strong you want them to be. Thats the way forwards, me thinks (for the next few days, whilst still legally avail in the UK at least) and you know exactly what is in the blend you are smoking...

Last edited:
Panic attacks with synthetic cannabinods are partly because some of them have much higher affinity for the cb1 receptor than thc does but also because people don't dose them correctly and smoke too much, you would have a panic attack if you smoked a huge amount of ordinary cannabis in one go too.

One of the reasons I like them is because you can pick one which has a cb1/cb2 receptor affinity ratio that you like, whereas ordinary cannabis has unpredictable thc and cbd content. Also it's easy to dose them predictably by dissolving in solvent at a known concentration and applying to cigarretes with a syringe, which makes you pretty inconspicuous when smoking them...

Whatever they do change in the law to cover them will be interesting to see anyway.

Panic attacks with synthetic cannabinods are partly because some of them have much higher affinity for the cb1 receptor than thc does but also because people don't dose them correctly and smoke too much, you would have a panic attack if you smoked a huge amount of ordinary cannabis in one go too.

One of the reasons I like them is because you can pick one which has a cb1/cb2 receptor affinity ratio that you like, whereas ordinary cannabis has unpredictable thc and cbd content. Also it's easy to dose them predictably by dissolving in solvent at a known concentration and applying to cigarretes with a syringe, which makes you pretty inconspicuous when smoking them...

Whatever they do change in the law to cover them will be interesting to see anyway.

Yeah obviously the problem with these compounds is not the informed user such as yourself and the guy who posted right above you, it's the kids/casual users who pick up a bag of random incense from a smart shop, proceed to smoke cone after cone and then freak out and call an ambulance.

If you use the pure chemicals and dose correctly it's all good, the main problem with the store bought blends is that they have hot spots, some parts of herbal material might have been sprayed more heavily than others, that would explain the difference in reports even for the same brand name, with some users reporting weak effects and others going on a whitey after two tokes.

kenny, i may be getting mixed up but i believe cbd is not psychoactive in of itself but rather combines with thc at differing ratios to create certain effects i.e couchlock/body stone etc

This is a good thing in my opinion, good fucking riddance. Nothing good can come from these synthetic cannabinoids, there is just absolutely no need for them when the proper tried and tested cannabinoids are millions of times better and safer.

So you have never taken a RC before??

Gotta be honest with you, the 50% price cut has me weeing my pants! I like these synthetics because a small spliff gets you stoned for 1 hour TOPS, which is very useful to someone like me with my working pattern. I need to sober up quick sometimes, and I also need a quick hit sometimes. These products are ideal. Get home from work at 4am, smoke a one sheeter and I'm asleep by 5. Instead of staying up all day smoking and smoking and smoking...

I for one am stocking up. And you can say whatever you like about not knowing the long term effects etc etc blah blah, I'm a drug taker, I got over that issue years ago.