⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Idol

alasdairm said:
bump for season 7. surprised there's no discussion as yet.

the previous couple of nights were a bit of a disappointment for me. when i think 80s, i think bouncy pop. i was expecting the bangles, nena and katrina and the waves. i think song selection is the key to the show and there were only a couple of good choices.

i think david archuleta has a great voice but he needs to do something different if he wants to win this.

i have a crush on most of the girls.

what are your thoughts?

alasdair

i'm extremely new to this show. been puttin' it off for years, but i want to participate in the discussions at lunch. :D so i've watched the past 2 nights - for the most part, not in their entirety - and i thought the girl who sang "love is a battlefield" acoustic was maybe the best....tied maybe with the irish chick. i thought most the performances were pretty good, having never watched the show before.

the guys show....okay, the kid with the purple streaks in his hair must be leaving. has to. worst version of "tainted love" ever. i thought the first guy that went, who sang "jitterbug" was pretty good.

could've picked better songs, i agree. i was thinking stuff like madonna, cindy lauper, prince, hair bands. i wasn't thinking slow whitney houston, phil collins, or anything else really slow.

anyways, those are my thoughts. :)

based on last night's performances, the bottom 3 were absolutely correct. also, the singer eliminated was the correct decision i think - his voice just did not compete with the others.

the stronger performers are really stepping up now. the front runners have to be brooke, chikezie, carly and david cook.

david archuleta has made poor choices two weeks in a row...

alasdair

I cant stand her either. She supposedly is getting by on her looks but I dont even think she is as pretty as other girls.

david cook is a fucking superstar. klc picked wisely and may avoid elimination yet again.

ramiele or chikezie going home i think.

alasdair

^^i agree with everything you said....i didn't see ramielle's performance, but i also did not think the dude that sang Queen did very well either..(the atlanta/buckhead dude - michael something?)

i like chikezie though! beautiful voice. i think it will come down to the 2 davids at the very end.

alasdairm said:
david cook is a fucking superstar. klc picked wisely and may avoid elimination yet again.

ramiele or chikezie going home i think.

alasdair

klc's selection was such utter tripe. how nauseating.

i'm sick of wrinkle nose malubay, and i hope she goes or klc goes. anybody else is a travesty:p

^ i want ramiele to stay so i have something to masturbate to during her singing :)

i agree on klc. that said, i think she's inexplicably safe for another week.

michael johns was brilliant this week - great song choice. great performance.

prediction: jason castro's going home

alasdair

well, against all odds jason castro and, moreso, kristy lee cook hang on.

i liked michael johns but i don't think he was a contender for the title so he had to go eventually. that said, the way ryan seacrest dropped him was just plain mean.

who's next?

alasdair

alasdairm said:
well, against all odds jason castro and, moreso, kristy lee cook hang on.

i liked michael johns but i don't think he was a contender for the title so he had to go eventually. that said, the way ryan seacrest dropped him was just plain mean.

who's next?

alasdair

yeah, it really was :(

KLC outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although the bit where she sat by simon at the beginning of her farewell performance was a good touch. :D)

I hope she comes back next week and is in the audience with the horse! haha

I don't ever watch this show, but I would love to see someone who can sing like all the old 80 metal bands get on the show. Nobody on the show has got anything on those guys.

Can't get into it this year. Last year the Sanjaya drama sucked me into the show, but nothing for this year. I don't even know any of the participants.

And this is when I start feeling old...