⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Idol

BA said:
Jordin: Great singer. She delivered probably my favorite performance of the season ( see youtube video here) . Cute girl, great voice. I say she's final 2 material for sure.
wow, that was incredible. and that was exactly why i don't watch this show....i got goosebumps, teary eyed...i may start giggling and jumping up and down if i watch too much of this shit. i am too cool for that.

i will settle for my 20 second highlight that is on my DVRed House episodes, before house comes on.

oh and thanks for that link, i found the original shirley bassey version of it too and fucking creamed.

BA said:
Okay, so I will admit I've been following this season too.

I was one of those who voted for Sanjaya over, and over, and over because he was the worst. It was fun to see how far that kid would go. I'd say my excitement for the show dropped by 50% when he was voted off.

Blake: He's only getting by because of that stupid beat-boxing schtick. It's a gimick, and it looks like it's working. Millions of teenie bopper broads must be doing the voting.

Chris: Terrible. When we first saw him in the auditions would anyone have guessed he'd be in the final 6?!

Phil: Not too bad, creepy looking. But not finalist material.

Jordin: Great singer. She delivered probably my favorite performance of the season ( see youtube video here) . Cute girl, great voice. I say she's final 2 material for sure.

Lakisha: Not finalist material. I will go ahead and be shallow and say it's because she's just too fat. In a hoity-toity TV world pretty girls go far, and she's just not that typical thin, pretty girl. She's an enormous single mom with a gap between her teeth the size of Rhode Island. Great voice, don't get me wrong, but sooner or later superficial voting will take over. Tough luck.

Melinda: Besides the fact that she looks like Shrek, she's a good singer. Probably the most talented of the bunch, but I wish she'd quit that humble, "oh I'm a good singer? Really?!?" schtick. In the end, she'll go up against Jordin and lose.

Fucking hilarious

Im all for Jordan. She has it all!!! Star quality, awesome cute personality and amazing voice. :)

^ yep - after watching last night's show, i think she's going to take it.

alasdair

I don't think her voice is all that special. Melinda's is better, and she isn't handicapped by lakisha teeth syndrome

I can't believe this shit is still on TV, it's karaoke with a bunch of shiny lights. Simon Cowell couldn't even pass for a half assed insult comic.

ya, but he's the reason we all enjoy listening to Westlife, so what are ya gonna do?

m885 said:

Simon Cowell couldn't even pass for a half assed insult comic.

Completely disagree.

In my opinion, he's one of the funniest non-stand-up-comics in show business right now.

On an unrelated note, it is truly a interesting that this thread sunk to Page THREE on the night of the finale.

You think a thread about the Super Bowl would sink to page THREE during and immediately after the game itself?

American Idol - Requiem For A Reality Show?

its official, this season American Idol totally lost the degenerate 20something sex fueled, drug addicted, amoral, internet nerd. The future doesn't look bright.

atlas said:
its official, this season American Idol totally lost the degenerate 20something sex fueled, drug addicted, amoral, internet nerd. The future doesn't look bright.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this show was something different in previous seasons. 8(

no love for american idol...

jordin nailed it - blake just didn't really show up for the final. the song penned by the songwriters for the finale was the wettest load of nonsense i've heard in forever. that said, jordin owned it.

is it just me or is kelly clarkson real hot? she's like the oldest, sexiest olson sibling they don't have :)

alasdair

Well I was half right, Jordin wins it.

She's gonna have to stop wearing those gigantic muumuus and wear something a little more, "sexy", if she wants to get anywhere. I know, I know, I know she's only 17.... but her choice of wardrobe is not flattering.

I caught the first half before lost came on. What a wash. Jordan won because America thought she was pretty. I'm ok with that. I don't have to buy her records, but it was embarrassing to see Lakisha and Melinda both humiliate her when they soloed before the big moment.

also, nice to see Ruben Studdard isn't going hungry ;)

/me lies through his teeth
absolutely yes

I don't buy records... at all... ever. But I do support Ruben and Fantasia if given the opportunity in conversation.

bump for season 7. surprised there's no discussion as yet.

the previous couple of nights were a bit of a disappointment for me. when i think 80s, i think bouncy pop. i was expecting the bangles, nena and katrina and the waves. i think song selection is the key to the show and there were only a couple of good choices.

i think david archuleta has a great voice but he needs to do something different if he wants to win this.

i have a crush on most of the girls.

what are your thoughts?

alasdair