• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

True opium powder from poppy seeds..

I DONT WANNA BE A DOUCHE AND REPOST BUT CAN ANYONE ANSWER ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS....:\

What do you think about the use of Paraffin to de-fatten the stuff...It is supposed to engulf a bulk amount of the water insolubles..?

When putting the solution into the freezer will it matter whether there is a cap on it or if it is exposed to the air inside of the freezer?

And so far hot water is on top of my list as far as the solution i am going to use to get the morphine out i guess??

How does water compare to ISO Alc. for this procedure ?Would it be useful at any point in the procedure or should i just stick with hot water for a decent morphine yield (aside from the fact that i wouldn't be able to freeze it..also how does it react with Paraffin if it were to be used..also i am guessing again that it would only yield either the codia or morphia alk's...)

I am still kind of on the fence as why the putty/tea/extract would or wouldn't work...i can't really scientifically dispute stuff (yet...lol) but if junkies and ope vets. swear by it ; i have no reason to think that they are lying or trying to brag on BL and you've seen the posts yourself so i don't know man; i still think its far from banana peels but i understand that its subjective...Regardless, i think i am going to try the procedure as soon as i get my paycheck and some spare time...

THANX IN ADVANCE FOLKS

Mellow: "Parrafin." I am not sure I even understand what you are geting at. You are trying toreomove the fats and acids in the seeds? Is that what you mean?

As for a "Cap," well it is the temperature that is the operative issue. If you freeze it it will probablly be just about worthless so from that perspective the cap would not matter.

"Hot water." Yes, it will be the best way to get morphine, without technical know how for sure. It is very effective .

I will, for whatever reason, offer my view again that this is waste of time. i admire your iniative, truly, but it is really now worth the hassle. Simply breat tea and consume. There is anot a whole lot people are going to be able to do with Pods or Seeds. Everyone wants to improve upon things, part of the Human Condition of course, but there is a saying in English: "It it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I hate contractions, they are unnatural for a Semitic speaker (Arabic is my first language) and yet i made myself use them because it expresses the sentiment perfectly.

For the paraffin i do mean to defatten the liquid. It's easily accible and dirt cheap compared to agents like petroleum ether which could also be used but i don't have access to.

It might be a waist of time for someone who can go out and buy opium or heroin but maybe i can make it work out...I'll be extremely satisfied with a smokable product that produces even 25% of what opium does. Also i am in a high-school/college setting as far as drug connections so I might even be able to sell some of the stuff if it works...(which is likely that it won't but i will not be happy until i try)...

I can get 25 dried medium sized pods at the florist for 7.25...My way of thinking is that if 15 pods is a greater dose than most people use to get high from the tea and even if I lost like 30% in the extraction i would still be happy...

Iam intent on creating a smokable product that will do atleast a somewhat decent job of getting me high...Last year people were selling tar-like incense as opium and not everyone realized how bunk it was as this kind of stuff never goes around here...

Today's paycheck day! whoot whoot...So imma make a little investment in the pods and see how it works...

So tell me what you think about the Paraffin..Its supposed to engulf the water insolubles and harden which would make it easier to filter...Also i plan on using coffee filters instead of a tee-shirt or a sock..

ON A SIDE NOTE...I HAVE A HYPOTHETICAL Q?

So say someone used ice cold water to try to extract the codeine content...Simply leaving crushed pods in cold water then filtering...Then using the same crushed pod meterial to do a hot water extraction for the morphia alk's contents...Just wondering...Or would it get messed up in the process somehow?

Mellow: First, be careful talking about your potential plans for a couple of reasons. Most importantly, it is a no-no on this site to protect the site as well as the users. Secondly, protect yourself man. If you live in the US you have already violated Conspiracy Laws.

OK, on the rest of the last post. When you are talking about any extraction, other than Tea, which IS technically an extraction, you are talking about a complicated process (on this plant anyway) that requires a ton of materiel to get any real results. I do not want to discourage you from being curious, certainly if you feel up to it, go for it. however, well, let you find the reuslts is best I guess.

Anyway, on "Defatting," simply exclude seeds from your project. There will of course be a modicum of fats and acids but not in any discernible amount. When you do a large volume extraction, (other than Tea OF COURSE), you do not need to defat anything if seeds are omitted.

"Coffee filters," sure. OF course that is better than a teeshirt or the usual burlap or flannel cloth. Better yet, buy some Filter Paper! Actually, coffee filters are probably sufficient for your endeavour.

On the hypothetical question. Actually, that would be the best way to go about it in a simple extraction, although to be honest codeine is only present in a very small amount and since it is converted internally into morphine anyway...Sure, you boost your totsal net but you are talking about a tiny volume of Pods so do not be too disappointed. Remember, experimentation (done safely) is a great thing. Stay curious.

I would like to try this.. I always just drank a water extract.. it would be nice to use the powder with other dosing methods however.. because orally isn't supposed to be the absolute best for morphine..

But then again, it's not going to make codeine any stronger, right? Codeine being basically a pro-drug for morphine, it'd need to metabolize after you swallow it out of your nose or whatever.. and if it was used rectally wouldn't the codeine be wasted?

Thanx rachimim...

im trying it out this weekend...today possibly...i'll tell you how it goes...

2 days later *Mellowfellow invents pure wonderdrug from dried pods...lol*

Whats the problem with fats being left in the final product anyway?

the problem with fats being left in the final solution is that they add to impurity and also make it difficult to consume via smoking...

I am trying to get the purest i can from what i have to work with and i would piss my pants if i get anything that comes close to opium...I have read alot of people trying to smoke the pod puddy with ill effect as it is impure and the plant fats and sugars make it hard to smoke...

so ya..

What is up with dissing the "rachamim' dude ? This person obviously knows what they are talking about and needs no argumentatives from everybody else--why is that?? Aren't we all supposed to try to get along in here? But everywhere I turn, somebody has gotta be raising it over something "rachamim" said instead of trying to be down with this person--everything rachamim has said about the poppy issues I personally have found it to be true.

Oh, the very best filter I have EVER found, was this funnel shaped cup with a very fine and I do mean FINE screen at the bottom that I got at an urologists office once to catch urine in so they could find kidney stones, and so I had saved it, and I just sterilized and now it is like the best filter one could ever use for fastest drip-filtering.

Last edited:
Got a question and since this thread already exists I dont see the point in making another one. After the iso wash has been performed are the seeds still able to be planted and grow?

try to procure anhydrous isopropyl alcohol...chem supply houses have it... no water added. great stuff

I dont know why some people insist that poppy pod tea (note, pod, not seeds) doesn't work

It's old withdrawal cure in this area, and it's been around for hundreds of years.

In one part of country, it's easy to score pods from villages as lots of farmers grow poppy and they usualy just discard/burn down pods.

Friend of mine who is old iv junkie hooked me up few times. I would buy bag of pods (about regular supermarket plastic bag) full of pods for about 10 euro.

The process goes as following:

1. Break pods into small pieces. I would normally use about 1/3 of a bag, say abuot 40 pods maybe ... (Or grind them up, but no need for that really just breaking them with hads with suffice, also THROW AWAY ones that smell bad and/or are modly )

2. Take LARGE pot, put your pod pices in there and cover it with water so they are hapily floating around.

3. Heat it up until it start boiling, then turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for about 1 - 1:30 hours. If you overdo this you will get more unwanted alkaloids extracted and your tea will be hard to digest.

4. Strain trough cotton shirt to remove impurities.

At this step you can chug your tea happily. I would usually use about 3 liters of water, and 1/2 liter would fuck me up for whole day. I would nod and feel great and have pinned eyes.

Note, in that time I was usually enjoying rock heroin imported directly from turkey, courtesy of one of my best friends who is now serving his time for same reason. (I was always only a junkie, never indulged in criminal activity apart from enjoying drugs, you could say that possesion is illegal, but considering that I would DEVOUR everything I had with the speed of light I was never really in possesion, unless you consider possesion if it's already inside my organism :p)

Ofcourse, you can then evaporate this product to reduce volume so you have less disgusting tea to chug down (even thinking about taste makes me wanna puke, but boy I would chug it down with pleasure now considering that I am almost out of sub)

Friend who was usually preparing the tea would usually end up with 3 1l bottles. And I could be covered and stoned as shit whole day with 1 bottle, half liter in the morning, rest during the day.

Note: at the time My tolerance was about 1 gram of PURE turkish heroin #3 and I was able to nod on pod tea.

This is something that every junkie in area knows. Pod Tea is lifesaver because until few months ago methadone therapy was availabl e ONLY to hiv positive or hep c positive people. We are supposed to get suboxone legally during this year. And only option is tramadol.

And we all know how bad tramadol is, tho I must say one thing regarding tramadol. There is HUGE difference between us Tramadol brands (like ULTRAM) and original bayers (german) Tramadol.

Ultram and generics are absolute crap. I was IV H user and I could surivive day with about 400-500 tramadol. Not be high or anything. Just dont puke/shit my guts out, but actually remove 80% of wd symptomes, whereas once I gulped 14 x 50mg of Ultram and it barely did shit to me.

I don't know where that difference comes from, but it's there. Confirmed.

bleh I cba typing anymore. But saying that poppy pod tea doesn't work is just plain RETARDED. Laters

edit: I am sure someone will tell me how such proccess was wastefull, but that was so long ago, and I know that there are better ways. I am now too far from the area where you could acquire said pods and who would care if it's waistfull or not when you could get shitloads for 10 eur, actually it was 10 deutche marks at the time, there was still no euro around. so something like 10$

Last edited:
Okay so I did this twice yesterday. Both with about half a lb of seeds. I poured seeds into 2 liter bottle, added 70% iso till about an inch above seeds, shook for about 2 minutes, let it settle. The color was yellowish orange and not cloudy enough that you couldn't see through it. Strained into ceramic flat dish by twisting cap off a bit and squeezing. Evapd in oven at around 200. Scraped brown stuff off, not powder like. Burned like hell snorting, didn't feel anything from plugging either. Dunno if they were bunk seeds but they seemed the most legit I could find.

I recently ordered 500 tasmanians opiu* poppies hopefull ill find a columbian at 7 eleven (no offense) not pregidious. so wen im done hell turn it into some crazy white super dope

I did it, the fuckin extraction worked, what I got was alot diffrent looking then the pic, I got what looked exactly like true opium. It also kinda looked like a resin scrabing, you know that black sticky shit, anyways it was straight.....Im made glazed with some sensi star headies, and a lot of that and some xanies......NICE

Firstly, SWIM had no idea this forum existed, and he/she is tickled fucking pink that it does.

Secondly, SWIM has been tinkering and practicing his/her alchemy recipe similar to everyone else DAILY for the last THREE WEEKS. I love that SWIM isn't even close to the only 'head so intrigued by this possibility that SWIM spent so much time on it.

For something so widely used and enjoyed, man do there seem to be a lot of freakin' unknowns!

Anyhow, in SWIM's moderate experience with poppyseeds this idea is pure bunkum as far as SWIM can tell. Here's why:

[18] 127g containers "Spice Supreme" brand Poppy Seed = 5.10Lbs

Combined in two separate containers with water 1" above, lightly agitated for 10 minutes, resting for 30 minutes, then filtering through paper towel laid into a strainer (seems to work great for tea).

After several hours, powder nearly identical to OP's was observed in a thick band in the bottom of both half gallon containers. *Giggity*

SWIM figured "ooooh Morphine...but i bet it's only like 50% pure or something, maybe even less...but OOOOHH MORPHINE!!!" *Giggity*

SWIM had maybe 1 gallon of uber-tea in two containers at this point. SWIM's plan was to let the water evaporate, but after one night SWIM grew impatient and concerned about the growth of some potentially seriously non-insuffulatable bacteria forming in the mix from evaporation at room temperature.

SWIM proceeded to cut off the top of the two containers and slurp about about 99% of the tea through a straw and spit it into a separate vessel.

SWIM then sloshed the "fucking shady homebrew heroin" (as a friend of SWIM's called it) around to ensure that all the powder was contained in solution before dumping it onto a drying medium.

Here SWIM made a critical n00b error. SWIM put the contents of one container into a glass pyrex dish, and the contents of another into a PLASTIC BAG.

SWIM assumed that he/she would be left with a nice fine powder and would simply brush it onto another surface, such as a mirror.

SWIM then set the two drying vessels up in a small room with a space heater, and proceeded to go to his/her friend's house to watch football for a few hours.

SWIM returned to two completely dry batches of uber-tea. *Giggity*. Much to SWIM's chagrin, the "fucking shady homebrew heroin" was GRAFTED - I MEAN COMPLETELY FREAKIN' BONDED TO LIKE RESIN ON A BOWL TO the pyrex dish.

SWIM then discovered the the batch that had been left on the plastic bag was not scrapeable even. Trying to slough off the dust from the bag was shredding some of the bag with it - no dice.

SWIM was still content to spend the next 20 minutes of SWIM's life chafing off a fair amount of of "fucking shady homebrew heroin" from the pyrex dish.

All the while thinking "if this works, i'm going on a regional poppy seed buying tour soon...

SWIM procured a 6-7" line of "fucking shady homebrew heroin" with a small-medium thickness (it wasn't really a corker mmm...but kinda).

SWIM smiled.

SWIM proceeded to insuffulate said quasi-corker. SWIM smiled. SWIM waited 10 minutes to no avail, then further insuffulated 1/4 palmfull of tap water.

After giving it a full 20 minutes (a long time for snorting something) SWIM decided to slurp the fake tan powder from the plastic bag.

LONG STORY SHORT - THE SLUDGE OF 18 CONTAINERS OF POPPY SEEDS REDUCED, DRIED AND INGESTED = NO BUZZ WHATSOEVER

This simply doesn't work. I have at least 4 theories on why, but unfortunately knowing jack dick shit about organic chem and dealing with several variables that are constantly changing, i believe it would take a while to pin down exactly why.

I have to say i was fascinated by, and still am intrigued by (yes, even after this...) the notion that one could pull morphine out and isolate it with a little knowhow and like $15 on poppy seeds.

If someone were to try do a morphine extraction from poppy seeds, i would first tell them that:

A.) It's probably never going to happen (for you, an average person), so if you're going to pursue it you'd better enjoy it as a hobby, and like a good challenge.

B.) It's good to read a lot on stuff, but experimenting is where the real knowledge is. You feel more confident when you have seen things first hand.

C.) Unless you're Rain Man, you are going to need to contact a competent chemist and be able engage them in a dialogue specifically on this (no attempting to come up with some kind of half assed parallel to what you're actually trying to figure out here =-)

D.) Incorporate as many constants as possible into the process (limit all possible variables, write methods down, re-try with ONE variable tweaked)

E.) When you fail 11x in a row, you can still drink the tea from which you extracted the shady tan powder.

F.) The tea fucks you up still.

G.) Shit the morphine is still in the tea. Mmm, there's morphine in the tea.