• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

True opium powder from poppy seeds..

Mongman: First, I am familiar with the paper and it is talking about metabolic process and nothing at all to do with botany (i.e. the plant). In any event, I think it maybe that you are misunderstanding something because I have never claimed - anywhere - that a person could not become addicted from it. Indeed I will go one further, a person become PHYSICALLY addicted from it, just like they could to 2 cups of coffee every morning.

"Rachamim should look into the farming of the plant because they now use the whole plant.": No offence but I have been talking about that for ages. I am sure most reading this will remember me talking about "Kabay" in dozens of posts. The problem is the amount of materiel needed. Whole Straw Extraction is a time consuming process rarely undertaken. The reason being of course, the miniscule amount of materiel you can gain.

We have a Search Function on the site, and if you search the subject you will find many dozens of posts on the plant and all processes involved.

Mellow: I do not know if you are slow, or have a boring life, whatever. Just get it through your head that this is not your blog. IF you have a problem with soemthing I post, then either "Report" it or offer a factual rebuttal. Your skimming threads I have posted in, and using subjective nonsense from those threads, is not winning your argument. Facts do that.

People can say whatever they want. I can tell you that I plugged a bottle of valium and a pint of rum, shi% out the bottle, and nodded for 5 days it is not translating into fact or even believable fiction. Some poster says he was on 160 mgs of methadone but was fine with 7 or 8 small pods? Great, but then he also said the pods wer "Arizona Purple" which shows that no offence to THAT poster, that hs is miles off point. Placebo is a great thing.

Let me ask you, why are you so angry? You feel threatened? Yours is a pretty common reaction. Whenever people value something and another person calls it into question, the first person will tend to become angry. Whatever. Deal with it.

Do you imagine a Mod is automatically knowledgeable? I have been offered Mod seats in 5 different Forums, 3 of them drugs and 2 of them a few times over, and refuse it because I do not have the time or inclination to deal with all manner of posts. I rarely post in anything not related to opiates/opioids. The point though is that if you think that because a person is a Mod that they are somehow more knowledgeable than nayone else you are lost from the start.

As for a Mod claiming that 10 pods of ANY size could kill anyone, he does not have a clue what he is talking about with regard to that subject. If that were the case you would have at least hundrreds of deaths in the US alone. To date you have a single claim that may or may not be real, and if is real is due to the parents conjecture.

With that said, as I have said earlier, IF you continue having problems with me or anyone else, relegate it to PM and stick to the subject matter.

rachamim said:
As for a Mod claiming that 10 pods of ANY size could kill anyone, he does not have a clue what he is talking about with regard to that subject.

Whoa, I was late to this thread... who said that?

As for a Mod claiming that 10 pods of ANY size could kill anyone, he does not have a clue what he is talking about with regard to that subject. If that were the case you would have at least hundrreds of deaths in the US alone. To date you have a single claim that may or may not be real, and if is real is due to the parents conjecture.

Don't misquote people to prove your OPINION...

HE NEVER SAID THAT

What he did say was that if ten pods were used in a single dose it could put an opiate naive person in respiratory depression..

And i do have a problem with you and not just what you post...My problem is every time i search on the subject i see people discussing methods and reports and you come in and dispute very opiate experienced and write their claim of as a placebo and tell them you need extravagant amount of pods to feel anything at all...its just sickening...do you not have anything better to do than argue...

You've got tons of educated people saying "hey man i've been using opiates for a long time and i am on a high dose of methadone now and when i use x amount of pods i get a very fulling high equivalent to morphine or oxy..."

Rachachim comes in says bullshit man...placebo

man shut up you little bitch. rachamim has been around forever and knows his shit, while you're a dork spouting off retarded internet meme's from 1999.

SerVEd #3 DawG jesus what an idiot.

MrBlonde: Hahahaha. You like that one? I will not out him because I like him, but he knows who he is and shame on him (hahah).

MellowFellow: "Respiratory Depression" kills genius, it does not have to but it causes death like a million other things. Do us both a favour, study the plant and THEN make an argument. As for "every thread," I have done on it all of 3 threads (4 if you count the Punjabi kid 2 years ago) so stop whining.

Finally, again, why are your panties all twisted and damp? If you find value in it it should not matter like a "retard" like me says. Better I remind you than a Mod, this is not your personal soapbox. Go take your Wellbutrin, have your babysitter turn off the Parental Controls, and go watch reruns of "King of the Hill." Let the grownups talk.

To others: I rarely if ever break on a person but sometimes it needs to be done. Now hopefully, although I doubt it, this thread can get back to discussing ISSUES and not posters.

What is the actual plant name of these seeds? Are they illegal?

Ok...

Pod putty yields a recreational substance but cannot be smoked as it is too impure and contains plant sugars and other shit in high ratios...

In the process of making it people often slowly boil down the tea to evaporate water and be left with the stuff...

Instead i have been reading up on how some people use a freezing method used as decantation of the inactive plant material to further purify it as some of the plant fats, sugars, and other garbo freeze to the top and the bottom solution is much purer and once evaporated down makes a smokable substance ...

Process...

Pods are ground to powder and combined with 2x amount of water...

the solution sits untouched for several hours...

A filter is used to separate solids from fluids...

The remaining solution is put in a bottle and frozen until 2/3 of the solution is ice...
It is important that the bottle is not shaken or moved during the freezing process and is left relatively still for ideal results..

The ice should capture the (some) inactive plant material..

Freezing process can be then repeated for greater purity...

The ice block should be brownish/tannish..

The solution at the bottom is then evaporated and/or heated until a plausibly useful crystalline opioid/opiate alkaloid substance that can be effectively smoked or made to tea again...

I don't the chemical dynamics behind how the freezing process worked but i have read up that in theory it should work...

Has anyone had any experience with this...Seems pretty interesting to me...

(i don't have a source for heroin/opium and do not plan on being an Injecting Drug User...I occationally dabble with pharmies such as oxy, methadone, and watever else finds its way into my mouth/nostrils...i can obtain 25 medium sized pods legally at my local florist shop for 7.25$ so if this process has validity behind it i would be in luck!)

Wrong again. SOLUBILITY INDEXES. If you bother to study it, you will find that only SOME of your codeine will be obtained, virtually NONE of your morphine, those are the only 2 with any real solubility in water of any temp.

If none of the morphine is dissolved how the hell do people get fucked up for over 12 hours with no itch? or have I misread and the morphine will still be available just not dissolved.

I have an ISO-2 isomerizer from the mid 1970s, and use it to extract and isomerise marijuana. I use 99% rubbing alcohol, BUT I run the alcohol through the system by itself first to get rid of the contaminants and get it to about 99.8, give or take. Couldn't I grind up pod material and extract it the same as MJ?=D

I am kinda confused..im trying to read up on what different alkaloids can be dissolved in what..

so say i do the i process i mentioned...would the morphine be stuck in the ice??/

what would happen to it...

is it possible that .. say i used the ice-tek method and you say i get codiene out out of it...is that ice and stuff i would discard contain the morphine which i could with alcohol being boiled away...

UGH...there has to be a way to do this..

maybe the ice-tek yeilds a potent powder that is high in codiene but not morphine ....

Also ... what do you think about using Paraffin to dissolve the fats in the initial process..before the icing...

I need help...i know that a smokable active substance can be obtained from dry poppies ... I am trying to figure out how without using lab grade chems because i don't have access to it...

Maybe some of these process take out some active ingredients but isolate other ones to the point of a relatively potent powder/tar.?!...I hear of people doin this but i there are so many conflicting opinions....

fuck me..

and ya...i am again going to take your benefit of the doubt on the chem stuff but dude just believe that people get very VERY real effects from the tea and putty so instead of trying to argue it try to see what mechanisms make it work...

just use your common sense as far as whether the stuff works...you got people who have had a long history of opiate use who confirm that the stuff fucks you up...don't tell em they felt placebo man its kind of insulting ...

SO YA...PARAFFIN and Then ICE-TEK is the most feasible solution i have so far unless someone can steer me another direction...

Rolls: You are misunderstanding. The person was asking about FREEZING the concoction. Codeine and morphine are diametrically opposed in solubility. Morphine is vERY soluble in VERY warm water, while codeine is VERY soluble in VERY cold water. IF the water is hot, virtually no codeine will be had. IF it is cold, virtually no morphine will be had. You cannot net both. There will always be a bit of each, but nothing to really take into consideration.

For psychoactive purposes codeine Is morphine since your body converts it into morphine. Soooo, you should aim for morphine, since It will give you the greatest amount of it (if you can follow the line of reasoning since it is a bit convuluted).

People have an idea that Tea is synergistic because of such and such amount of alkaloids but it is not. I will not get into all that but have done so ad naseum in the past so use Search if you are interested in that area.

Scootster: "Grind up pods the same way...": Nope, because THC is a different solubility , etc.

Mellow: "Will the morphine be frozen?": No. It is only soluble in VERY warm water. For all intensive purposes "soluble" is a term used to describe how much of a substance will dissolve in a given liquid and given temperature.

As for the other questions..A while back I took alot of time to explain just why Tea is not a synergistic solution, that people only really consume one alkaloid and that alkaloid is morphine. People swear up and down that they feel this, feel that but even if the solubilities were all the same there is not enough alkaloidal materiel present to notice it.

Thanks alot man...sorry for being kind of a jack ass earlier...neways..

What do you think about the use of Paraffin to de-fatten the stuff...It is supposed to engulf a bulk amount of the water insolubles..?

When putting the solution into the freezer will it matter whether there is a cap on it or if it is exposed to the air inside of the freezer?

And so far hot water is on top of my list as far as the solution i am going to use to get the morphine out i guess??

How does water compare to ISO Alc. for this procedure ?Would it be useful at any point in the procedure or should i just stick with hot water for a decent morphine yield (aside from the fact that i wouldn't be able to freeze it..also how does it react with Paraffin if it were to be used..also i am guessing again that it would only yield either the codia or morphia alk's...)

At what temp. do you think morphine alk's will be most soluble in the water... My guess is like 70-80C*..

I am still kind of on the fence as why the putty/tea/extract would or wouldn't work...i can't really scientifically dispute stuff (yet...lol) but if junkies and ope vets. swear by it ; i have no reason to think that they are lying or trying to brag on BL and you've seen the posts yourself so i don't know man; i still think its far from banana peels but i understand that its subjective...Regardless, i think i am going to try the procedure as soon as i get my paycheck and some spare time...

THANX IN ADVANCE FOLKS

i must admit it is a good pic that gives opiate lovers wood, but after reading phrozen's words about pharo....i just dont know. I have tried many extractions, and even when I start out with powder, it seems that this at least took a lot of refining. or it is simply a bag of brown powder. I would put a bunch of boner inducing pics, but I would rather not look like a kingpin for obvious reasons

Basik1: Papaver Somniferum, many varieties exist. It as a plant has a long been intertwined with the history of humanity, in some cases even acting as the catalyst for war and many other events of note throughout history.

mellowfellow420: As rachamim has pointed out the different alkaloids have varying degree's of solubility in water. The degree of solubility is affected by a number of factors, first the solvent itself (in our case water), second the form the chemical is in (ie morphine sulphate, morphine hydrochloride, or in the case of pods and other organic sources (seed, opium) the composition of morphine is not as simple as a basic hydrochloride or sulphate and may be attached to organic fatty acids. I cannot find any references to exactly what fatty acids these are but do recall reading it someplace.) As a result I'm not sure what the temperature would need to be for the morphine to dissolve into water. I would suspect below boiling point for water as I have always made pod tea just as one would make normal tea with excellent results. So your estimate may be pretty good.
This is a good read, and may provide some insight into one of the many different processes that could in theory be applied.
Have a read of this: http://designer-drugs.com/pte/12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/morphextr.html

It's worth noting, going back to the OP's topic of "Opium Power from Poppy Seed", which I suspect was supposed to mean: "Opiate containing substance extracted from poppy seed". As opium is by definition the result of the collection of latex from the ripe pod. Anyway, as far as kitchen chemistry goes trying extraction's from poppy seed it probably the most prone to failure in the home due to the high fat and oil content of the seed itself. The goodies are very low concentration and an individual trying these types of things in a kitchen environment is very unlikely to have the experience required to cleanly remove any residual opiates coating the seeds in such a way as to allow further purification. Basically it's going to be somewhat more difficult than attempting the same thing with pods. There is another forum out there that tackles these subject's in depth, some members have considerable experience in this area and have posted well documented and illustrated "dreams" about the subject. I won't mention the forum's name, however one could say its name is a pun on the opium poppies name alongside the fact that it's a forum....