• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Total Recall

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I only just saw this movie for the first time a couple of months ago, and loved it. The ambiguity is great, and I think it has aged very well, not to mention that I had no idea Schwarzenegger was so perfect for the role.

Verhoeven never even finished the book, it's not really got anything to do with it.

A lot of people don't seem to get that Starship Troopers (the film) is heavy satire. Not quite sure how they miss that. :\

I also like how the film hints at huge changes that have taken place in society, but never bother to explain them.

Examples:
'I'd rather take 20 lashes in public square!'
The two tier citizen / civilian society
That indoor american football / gymnastics game they all play

fucking awesome movie.

Of course. A week after I start this thread, they announce that they are remaking Total Recall. Fuckers! Stop remaking 80s movies already. Story here.

I'm here for you if you need me Amy. Just sayin.

Of course. A week after I start this thread, they announce that they are remaking Total Recall. Fuckers! Stop remaking 80s movies already. Story here.

I'm here for you if you need me Amy. Just sayin.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ::breathe:: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( I need a hug Frank. :( :(

"Sweetheart, be reasonable, after all, we're married..."
*Arnie blows her away*
"Consider that a divorce."

It just doesn't get any better.

prepare for a sense of anger
NSFW:
Len Wiseman ("Underworld," "Live Free or Die Hard") is in final negotiations to direct the remake of the 1990 sci-fi action classic "Total Recall" for Sony Pictures.

Based on Philip K Dick’s short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale", the new version will be re-conceived as a contemporary take on the story.

Kurt Wimmer is writing the screenplay and Neal H Moritz will produce.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17873

:!

"Sweetheart, be reasonable, after all, we're married..."
*Arnie blows her away*
"Consider that a divorce."

beat me to it. best line ever.

if they're gonna remake movies, they need to redo 'the running man.' the movie was a disgustingly awful adaptation of a great short story.

if they're gonna remake movies, they need to redo 'the running man.' the movie was a disgustingly awful adaptation of a great short story.

i was gonna say id rather see a adaptation of the long walk instead, if they do a stephen king movie

n saw this on wiki
Frank Darabont has secured the rights to the film adaptation of the novel.[2] He said that he would "get to it one day". He plans to make it low-budget, "weird, existential, and very self contained".

I will seriously kill bunnies and kittens if a remake is made. Horrible, horrible idea. I agree with Running Man being worthwhile for a remake though. It could use an update.

^^^I would LOVE to see The Long Walk made into a movie. The book itself is so visually descriptive, that I feel like I've already watched the movie. Frank Darabont works magic with Stephen King's writing.

there is no friggin way they'll ever do a proper running man remake. not with that ending. :(

I just watched Total Recall again for the first time in five years. The whole "A man is what he does, not his memories" aphorism in the film comes through strongly. Verhoeven has never been a man of subtlety.

Colin Farrell in talks to star in Total Recall remake.

Colin Farrell is in negotiations to star in Columbia Pictures' remake of "Total Recall," an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

Deal Central first reported that Columbia had offered Farrell the lead role on Oct. 21.

Len Wiseman ("Live Free or Die Hard") directs from a script by Kurt Wimmer ("Salt").

Arnold Schwarzenegger starred in Paul Verhoeven's 1990 sci-fi/action epic, which followed a man tortured by recurring dreams of a trip to Mars. The contemporized remake will hew closer to Philip K. Dick's original short story, "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale."

link

I hope this falls through. I hate Colin Farrell.

the ending of the original blew my mind when i saw it at the theatre as a young'n. there is absolutely no need for a remake.

you are in a johnny cab , I know how did i get in here.... , the door opened you got in, hell of a day isnt it.

This is movie is so good and to this day i dont know what to make of the twist and i hope i never do