• Total voters

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
total_recall.jpg

Thoughts and opinions?

NSFW:
total_recall_18.jpg

Here's Arnold's take on the movie

I never get tired of Total Recall. I think it's one of the funniest movies ever. I re-watched it on TV years ago after reading that it was adapted from "We Can Remember it For You Wholesale" by Philip K. Dick (the movie is a pretty big departure actually). I noticed a lot of the author's themes survived in the movie (relationship of memories to identity, distortions and masks of identity, etc.)

Total Recall will always have a special place in my heart.

Awesome film.

Part of the Verhoeven "trilogy" along with Robocop & Starship Troopers. :)

This is probably my favorite Schwarzenegger movie. My governator is a BAMF.

I thought this was an awesome scene and great effects for 1989. It was released in 1990, but technically it is an 80s movie.

It is one of the best Philip K. Dick adaptations. I didn't care for Blade Runner, Minority Report or Next. A Scanner Darkly was interesting. Anyway. Amy's movie is awesome. Carry on.

love it.

i regularly quote "get your ass to mars". shit i think i quoted it twice just last week on completely separate occasions.

BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!!! =D

I thought your favourite was Commando?. :D

I thought this was an awesome scene and great effects for 1989. It was released in 1990, but technically it is an 80s movie.

YES!, that still looks great today. :)

2+weeks+blog.jpg

totalrecallpaintings.jpg

1.gif

5.gif

11.gif

3.gif

Personally, I love a lot of Arnie films, even though I don't particularly like him. The Running Man + Terminator 1 and 2 were also great.

*Waits for Amy to chime in and mention Jingle All The Way or Kindergarten Cop*

=D <3

You just threw a ton of awesome in this thread, Beautiful Tulip©! I love you for that! Let's have no mention of Jingle All The Way, Kindergarten Cop or Junior. Love Arnold. Hate his attempts at full-on comedy.

watched this tonight, saw it as a child but barely remembered it. i love the sci-fi stuff that involves the possibility of simulated reality so i loved it. thought the effects were pretty damn awesome and some funny lines from arnold. oh and it reminded me of eXistenZ, especially the ending, cronenberg had to of been thinking the same.

*okay just browsing the wiki for it as i do after any movie i watch, peep this.
David Cronenberg was attached to direct but wanted to cast William Hurt in the lead role.[2] Cronenberg described his work on the project and eventual falling out with Shusett: "I worked on it for a year and did about 12 drafts. Eventually we got to a point where Ron Shusett said, 'You know what you've done? You've done the Philip K. Dick version.' I said, 'Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?' He said, 'No, no, we want to do Raiders of the Lost Ark Go to Mars.'"[2]
interesting... /me strokes goatee

Last edited:
Verhoeven never even finished the book, it's not really got anything to do with it.

A lot of people don't seem to get that Starship Troopers (the film) is heavy satire. Not quite sure how they miss that. :\