• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Tonight will be my neighbor's first trip!

valerian root is fine. Lemon tek will make it kick in faster and stronger but last less time.

Empty stomach makes things stronger.

But imo empty stomach is not essential. I much prefer tripping with some light food to digest the mushrooms.

valerian root is fine. Lemon tek will make it kick in faster and stronger but last less time.

Empty stomach makes things stronger.

But imo empty stomach is not essential. I much prefer tripping with some light food to digest the mushrooms.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I would say take between 1 gram to 1.5 gram max. I would go with 1.2 grams to be safe. You can always increase your dose at later points.

Your friend who is growing them would be fine a sitter since has taken them and will just be there as support. I have had friends who have never taken mushrooms hang out with me on some of my big trips outside and who have never seen people on psychedelics and they were totally chill.

2. Paranoia will not damage your mind or brain, a rough part of a mushroom trip will be over within 2-3 hours.

You can do that but lemon tek makes it stronger and kicks in faster. I personally just always eat my mushrooms now.

You don't always need sitters or guides, the first i took mushrooms i was alone and i ate a huge amount and it was rough but i got through it due to my extensive experince with lsd.

for your first time just having somebody with you who has taken mushrooms before is 100% fine. All these experinced sitters and guides are overboard.

Yeah integrating trips is important have a journal afterwards the next day writing down how you now feel the things you experinced and processed. You can do intergation alone.

Surrender is the best option, having chill music or silence depending on how you feel. Been out in nature is very calming on mushrooms and for me a must. Been stuck inside will cause uneasy feelings.

At a dose below 2 grams you will be fine. A bad trip is usually because the person is running away from themselves. You have to confront everything.

Mushrooms are some of the most grounded psychedelics out there, very lucid.

Enjoy your going to be mind blown and views of the world shattered. Only when your done a full trip will you then understand. namaste friend

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I finished my second trip (2 grams mushroom). It lasted for 3 hours. I was all set to surrender to the experience but something unexpected started happing to my bladder. I couldn’t pee at all and that discomfort was causing anxiety. If I could pass urine I would have completely surrendered. At times I felt as if I didn’t have body at all but still had my ego. At times the experience was so overwhelming and overpowering that I was somewhat scared but trusted the process and showed willingness to surrender. My brain was kind of on fire Resisting to it is any way the negative approach. I feel I was in some dimensions of existence that were beyond comprehension.
Overall I managed to survive and used my wisdom to guide me not to get anxious and worry or panic but to surrender despite the inability to pee well throughout.
After the trip I must say my body feels very relaxed in some ways but my very fear and anxiety around things that I want to get rid of.
Why does mushroom aggravate the very things that I want to get rid of (my ptsd of some sort)?

I finished my second trip (2 grams mushroom). It lasted for 3 hours. I was all set to surrender to the experience but something unexpected started happing to my bladder. I couldn’t pee at all and that discomfort was causing anxiety. If I could pass urine I would have completely surrendered. At times I felt as if I didn’t have body at all but still had my ego. At times the experience was so overwhelming and overpowering that I was somewhat scared but trusted the process and showed willingness to surrender. My brain was kind of on fire Resisting to it is any way the negative approach. I feel I was in some dimensions of existence that were beyond comprehension.
Overall I managed to survive and used my wisdom to guide me not to get anxious and worry or panic but to surrender despite the inability to pee well throughout.
After the trip I must say my body feels very relaxed in some ways but my very fear and anxiety around things that I want to get rid of.
Why does mushroom aggravate the very things that I want to get rid of (my ptsd of some sort)?
we have to face these things head on to bring them to light. Its not easy things to get through. All the darkest parts of our mind are bought to the front. For us to confront them and gain insights.

we have to face these things head on to bring them to light. Its not easy things to get through. All the darkest parts of our mind are bought to the front. For us to confront them and gain insights.
What about big talk of Neuro plasticity that happens during trip as default network shuts down. I felt tons of neural activity but instead of showing me new ways to use my brain (which neuro plasticity does) it has heightened my anxiety.I hope it subsided over next few days.

Reading about great experiences of people in clinical trials at John Hopkins who got rid of depression and anxiety it make me wonder if pre trip and post trip integration with experts make the trip meaningful.

You did what you could. All you can do really is relax into the emotional chaos. Not because that's an intuitive thing to do, but because it's the only thing left to do when it's driven to absurd levels, when resistance only feeds back into it. That in itself is learning a new way to use your brain. Substituting for emotional reflex a momentary detachment forms the space for infinitely varied modes of behaviour normally inaccessible when in conscious or subconscious pain.

It can happen that the residual upheaval is outweighing any derived lesson for now. Subsequent times it should be easier. Or you can deem mushrooms too messy, and opt for one of many other tools for the job. I know I did. But that's your own personal call to make.

I used to get urination problems on DXM. My solution for that was to lean against a radiator. Sources of heat relax the relevant muscles which serotonergic effects, amongst others, can tense up.

You did what you could. All you can do really is relax into the emotional chaos. Not because that's an intuitive thing to do, but because it's the only thing left to do when it's driven to absurd levels, when resistance only feeds back into it. That in itself is learning a new way to use your brain. Substituting for emotional reflex a momentary detachment forms the space for infinitely varied modes of behaviour normally inaccessible when in conscious or subconscious pain.

It can happen that the residual upheaval is outweighing any derived lesson for now. Subsequent times it should be easier. Or you can deem mushrooms too messy, and opt for one of many other tools for the job. I know I did. But that's your own personal call to make.

I used to get urination problems on DXM. My solution for that was to lean against a radiator. Sources of heat relax the relevant muscles which serotonergic effects, amongst others, can tense up.
Thanks for your insightful letter. I think you made important points. When I reflect on the trip I feel it was going on right path and I was also willingly surrendering to it and experiencing deep rest. However being unable to urinate caused so much bodily discomfort that it was spoiling all the deep mystical experience I was having. That inability to empty my bladder was the source of anxiety. Otherwise I was in awe of all deep serene mystical journey I was going through.
In fact I never reached those depths of serenity in my daily meditation that I was able to reach during trip. Even it was 2 grams but I believe it felt pretty close to full dosage though I have no reference point to determine that.
Now I am skeptical about venturing on mushroom trip on my own alone not knowing if inability to urinate can occur again.
1.Do you know when psilocybin and MDMA will be legalized in California and will be available medically?
2. Do you know qualified shamans in US or elsewhere (South America most probably)that lead mushroom trip?
3. What alternative to mushroom you were referring to?

Thanks for your insightful letter. I think you made important points. When I reflect on the trip I feel it was going on right path and I was also willingly surrendering to it and experiencing deep rest. However being unable to urinate caused so much bodily discomfort that it was spoiling all the deep mystical experience I was having. That inability to empty my bladder was the source of anxiety. Otherwise I was in awe of all deep serene mystical journey I was going through.
In fact I never reached those depths of serenity in my daily meditation that I was able to reach during trip. Even it was 2 grams but I believe it felt pretty close to full dosage though I have no reference point to determine that.
Now I am skeptical about venturing on mushroom trip on my own alone not knowing if inability to urinate can occur again.
1.Do you know when psilocybin and MDMA will be legalized in California and will be available medically?
2. Do you know qualified shamans in US or elsewhere (South America most probably)that lead mushroom trip?
3. What alternative to mushroom you were referring to?

I just googled about urinary retention during mushroom trip and found a discussion about that in a shroom forum.

I wanted to tell everyone here a bit about my experience without really starting a new thread and all of that. I have a medical background so many of you with problems peeing during trips, you should probably listen up!

Apparently, MANY of us have this problem. This is a sign that you likely either have pelvic floor dysfunction, an enlarged prostate, a urethral stricture, Cystocele or rectocele, kidney or bladder stones, severe interstitial cystitis, you're on some kind of medication that causes urinary retention, have a UTI, some kind of STD, or you may have some neurological issues that cause what is known as neurogenic bladder.

You may not NOTICE that you have urinary retention problems until you trip, because mushrooms and LSD both cause a certain amount of urinary retention on their own. You can look this up, just google "LSD/Psilocybin urinary retention" in google, it is a known side effect of the drugs. In a person with no urinary problems, this effect generally goes unnoticed. However, if you have any of the above disorders, YOU WILL NOTICE THIS AND IT WILL BE AT THE VERY LEAST A PAIN IN THE ASS, AT THE VERY WORST CAN LEAD TO A BAD TRIP.”

I already have pelvic floor dysfunction , a result of my psychological trauma and that causes bladder spasms, tendencies for urinary retention sometimes especially at night and chronic constipation. None of these conditions were there before being psychologically traumatized.

I'm sorry, I haven't been keeping up with any legal progress. All I know is that when legal MDMA therapy will be available, it will come at a shockingly steep price. Rick Doblin operates as a b-corp, so there's no profit motive. But there are still lots and lots of expenses to be covered for all the legal hoops involved. It's important symbolically to have it legalized, but even if it already were, you still probably would want to look for underground webs of trust, for therapists/shamans with unofficial reputation. I can't help you with finding these, and I don't think bluelight in general can, as it's so close to sourcing.

I like LSD personally. It's less of an emotionally ravaging exercise in humility, and more like years of psychoanalysis in one session, if successful. That's still relevant for getting more grip on traumatic baggage, though you might dislike the more heady approach. MDMA is a great choice of course, on its own or in combination with psychedelics. But as you already know I suppose, it's best used in group or with a therapist, as it's rather bitter having a heightened state of empathy with nobody around. That's why I went with DXM myself. It kills the anxiety as well, in a very different way than MDMA, but in a way compatible with the solo approach. Dissociatives in general tend to form a trap for their fans, but DXM in particular is somewhat an exception. It's quite tough on the body, a bit like a bender where you get the hangover up front. Only afterwards one reaches the psychedelic mindspace, but free from anxiety, free from the entire body even. The entry gambit makes it non-trivial to abuse.

High doses DXM are quite the ordeal. But just like with MDMA, lower doses can be combined with psychedelics to get the best from both worlds. It takes the anxious edge off, while generally synergizing.

By the way, showers work even better than radiators. The wet environment makes you feel absolutely free to, you know, join in. I'd only start worrying about deeper medical issues if a hot shower doesn't work. It's pretty common for psychosomatic retention to occur on psychedelics, empathogens and some dissociatives, which clears up eventually. But you want to scope that out with lower doses, because indeed requiring a urinary catheter is not something you want to ever experience.

For a first trip one of the last I would recommend would be Shrooms. Or 5meo-DIPT, aMT. These all cause way to much discomfort. Something they share with 2-c's, and probably the DOx's too, ime. 2-CT-2 being the only exception for me.

Better option's imo are a low dose of 4-ho-MIPT or a low dose of an Lyserg Amide. Preferably ALD-52 or al-LAD.

I would say take between 1 gram to 1.5 gram max. I would go with 1.2 grams to be safe. You can always increase your dose at later points.

Your friend who is growing them would be fine a sitter since has taken them and will just be there as support. I have had friends who have never taken mushrooms hang out with me on some of my big trips outside and who have never seen people on psychedelics and they were totally chill.

2. Paranoia will not damage your mind or brain, a rough part of a mushroom trip will be over within 2-3 hours.

You can do that but lemon tek makes it stronger and kicks in faster. I personally just always eat my mushrooms now.

You don't always need sitters or guides, the first i took mushrooms i was alone and i ate a huge amount and it was rough but i got through it due to my extensive experince with lsd.

for your first time just having somebody with you who has taken mushrooms before is 100% fine. All these experinced sitters and guides are overboard.

Yeah integrating trips is important have a journal afterwards the next day writing down how you now feel the things you experinced and processed. You can do intergation alone.

Surrender is the best option, having chill music or silence depending on how you feel. Been out in nature is very calming on mushrooms and for me a must. Been stuck inside will cause uneasy feelings.

At a dose below 2 grams you will be fine. A bad trip is usually because the person is running away from themselves. You have to confront everything.

Mushrooms are some of the most grounded psychedelics out there, very lucid.

Enjoy your going to be mind blown and views of the world shattered. Only when your done a full trip will you then understand. namaste friend
Hi
I had my second mushroom trip with 2 grams last Saturday. It was quite intense (way more than last one 4 months ago (1.5 grams).
This trip was in many ways profound because I felt being in presence of overwhelming force. However, mushroom caused my bladder to construct and I couldn’t urinate at all. Later applying medical grade CBD on lower abdomen relaxed pelvic area slightly but I must say inability to pass urine spoiled the deep mystical experience I was going through. I felt existence of my ego to some extent but a big part of it surrendered to the overwhelming presence/entity. I also had at times no sense if having a body except the urinary discomfort . I believe if I didn’t have urinary problem I would have surrendered completely.
Question about integration:
You mentioned in your previous response that one doesn’t need a therapist for integration and one can do on one’s own.
1. Even though my experience was of mystical nature I didn’t get any answer to my real concerns. I need to meditate and probably reflect on my trip more and see if any insights come. So far I haven’t received any insight.
In fact despite mystical experience my anxiety around specific thing (that I wanted to resolve) has not improved at all.
How do you accomplish the integration process after your trip?
2. There was a lot of neurons firing in my brain during the trip and so I guess that means my brain now is in Neuro plasticity mode and stuck brain patterns have a potential for positive change. However, my stuck pattern I think are still there. So how come despite tremendous neuron firing my brain behaves exactly as it did before.
Do you have any explanation for that.

Even after 150 + trips im still unraveling my own mind and traumas. Its a long journey to healing.

Patterns take a while to break.

Psychedelics seem to have their own way of revealing answers to questions one may have in their own time i believe.I also think its easy to over analyse the experience ....oh i didnt find what i was seeking....well maybe you did ...maybe in a few weeks who knows the realisation was always there ...only to surface at the right time.It was a positive experience...like trip sitter said 150+and still healing.Btw hope youre doing ok TS .

Psychedelics seem to have their own way of revealing answers to questions one may have in their own time i believe.I also think its easy to over analyse the experience ....oh i didnt find what i was seeking....well maybe you did ...maybe in a few weeks who knows the realisation was always there ...only to surface at the right time.It was a positive experience...like trip sitter said 150+and still healing.Btw hope youre doing ok TS .
Thanks for your insights!

Thanks for your insights!
What will be the best psychedelic to treat Phobia which is sort of PTSD also but not like the typical veteran type of PTSD (with nightmares and aggression or depression).
I am wondering if mushrooms are appropriate for dealing with specific fear/phobia resulting from a Specific event in life (in my case traumatized deeply by academic load because I was not cut out for that kind of work and was indirectly expected and forced by Dad to stay in there and not quit that resulted in recurring fear and phobia whenever I would later in life approach studying for a course etc)
I would like to know from you and others if you know which psychedelic is best suited to treat fear/phobia and recurrence of it . The recurrence part of it sounds like getting triggered (PTSD ).

MDMA is known for treating PTSD. Will that be best? Or LSD, DMT , Katamine or mushroom?

What will be the best psychedelic to treat Phobia which is sort of PTSD also but not like the typical veteran type of PTSD (with nightmares and aggression or depression).
I am wondering if mushrooms are appropriate for dealing with specific fear/phobia resulting from a Specific event in life (in my case traumatized deeply by academic load because I was not cut out for that kind of work and was indirectly expected and forced by Dad to stay in there and not quit that resulted in recurring fear and phobia whenever I would later in life approach studying for a course etc)
I would like to know from you and others if you know which psychedelic is best suited to treat fear/phobia and recurrence of it . The recurrence part of it sounds like getting triggered (PTSD ).

MDMA is known for treating PTSD. Will that be best? Or LSD, DMT , Katamine or mushroom?
Though anxiety is certainly a big part of the Phobia because anxiety is known to scramble brains and that is what happens in my case. The amygdala has learnt to get triggered whenever a similar situation occurs. That again sounds like PTSD.

Thanks for clarifying what damage you're looking to treat. The impact of academic failure gets underestimated, but it's closely connected to social rejection, which surely is torturous to a social animal. I know I still get nightmares for having dropped out a couple of times.

I'd definitely advise against ketamine here. As mentioned above, dissociatives typically come with extra risks, in the form of seduction but also physical damage, which is a nasty combination. It sure is powerful though, but more a match for more extreme cases, like with intergenerational trauma, and/or with symptoms like suicidal tendencies, when the risk of not using ketamine outweighs the risk of using it.

MDMA would be fitting since being forced by your father into an unfitting life direction is a breach of trust. MDMA surely puts one into a trusting attitude again. But one needs to be in the presence of someone who can be trusted for having this opened state optimally transferred back into the social sphere. If you can't find guides for this, either underground or within your friend circle, then you could also consider going shopping for a regular therapist, and at some point propose an MDMA session with them if you feel you've found a trustworthy one. It's a gamble, but it has been done before. And with current progress it becomes more likely each day that the average therapist has heard of MDMA and its successes, and that they'll agree to it if they reckon you'd do it anyway, i.e. that they don't bear the responsibility of changing your consciousness themselves.

That said, for the psychedelics it's more a matter of how they map onto your personal preference rather than the type of mental issue. I've compared mushrooms and LSD above, DMT is harder to pinpoint as it's very heavy on the "mental fireworks".. but it has been linked to a sense of direction in life before. Mescaline is also an option. It has the earthiness of mushrooms, but is much gentler.. though the availability might be an issue. It has some more common, synthetic analogues, of which 2C-B is the most popular. Its creator advises taking it on the tail end of an MDMA experience, for purpose of bodily integration. It shares mescaline's gentleness for sure.

It's okay if you don't find the right chemical match immediately. Since the psychedelics are relatively benign (especially if you start with low doses and gradually work your way up), you can afford a process of trial and error, and re-evaluate as you continue to explore.