• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

There is no real point in life.

EDIT: But guessing point of man is silly since we make our own point, however nature makes our purpose (which I disagree is solely death).

Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

Before you were born, what was? To that question some may answer "everything else but myself", others more self-important will say nothing. I say "everything else but myself, along with the possibility for me to exist". Because the fact that you exist today shows that it is a possible event, so that had to be possible before you were born, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I'm asking you now, when you die, what is? Same thing, everything else plus the possibility for you to exist. It's obvious! If you existing was a possibility before you were born, why would it not be also a possibility after you die? Does nature obey the Millennium Copyright Act? If you happened once YOU can happen twice and an infinity of times, because YOU happening once shows that YOU are possible. Who is you? Who is I? Well...I, is I, and You...it's you.

Does it really matter who is who? No. We are all the same thing: Creation noticing creation.

So it's all good man :)

I agree but wonder about your last sentence. All good? The reality that I see and experience is hardly all good. I hope you meant something else.

I agree but wonder about your last sentence. All good? The reality that I see and experience is hardly all good. I hope you meant something else.

I see what you mean. For other reading this, brother here is worried that his life now is not good, so if he has to start it over indefinitely what's up with that? Brother, you don't have to start over anything. What you are now matters not, otherwise, if we clone you, and another one like you appears, would that person also be you? Naturally not! Because you are NOT your genes, you are NOT your device, all you are truly is the ability to say "I am" and since anyone can do that you can be more or less anyone or anything after death.

Before you were born, what was? To that question some may answer "everything else but myself", others more self-important will say nothing. I say "everything else but myself, along with the possibility for me to exist". Because the fact that you exist today shows that it is a possible event, so that had to be possible before you were born, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I'm asking you now, when you die, what is? Same thing, everything else plus the possibility for you to exist. It's obvious! If you existing was a possibility before you were born, why would it not be also a possibility after you die? Does nature obey the Millennium Copyright Act? If you happened once YOU can happen twice and an infinity of times, because YOU happening once shows that YOU are possible. Who is you? Who is I? Well...I, is I, and You...it's you.

Does it really matter who is who? No. We are all the same thing: Creation noticing creation.

So it's all good man :)

Quite a thought provoker you've presented. So in conclusion to this partial debate, what would you feel is the purpose of man by nature? And in correspondence to that, what do you feel is the self asserted purpose/point of human life (collective and individual)?

And finally, at the end of the day, what do you feel matters more when justifying life, nature's purpose for man, or man's purpose for man?

It's crazy how you can grow as a person just talking about things like this.

Dude, id pay money to sit in a room with a doobie and listen to you guys talk, lol. Very interesting stuff and way over my head but i do like the creation noticing creation theory or whatever it is. I also like Dracary post

Quite a thought provoker you've presented. So in conclusion to this partial debate, what would you feel is the purpose of man by nature? And in correspondence to that, what do you feel is the self asserted purpose/point of human life (collective and individual)?

And finally, at the end of the day, what do you feel matters more when justifying life, nature's purpose for man, or man's purpose for man?

It's crazy how you can grow as a person just talking about things like this.

To justify life is to give it man's purpose. Nature does not justify anything to us. We are the pawns and are moved about without knowing the game.

Or we're not pawns and there is no game. I find it liberating, you get to choose your life. You cannot go wrong- what wrong?

Yes ultimately all bets are off. However I'm not so sure you get to choose all the details of your life. Even the parts you think you are choosing. I'm not even sure there is a "you" that chooses. That's how mysterious this shit is for me at least.

Yeah, true. You can't 100% choose your circumstances and chance occurrences but you can choose how you respond.

As long as you don't mind contibuting to the delinquency of a minor ;)

God I love my life

Hope Helps

It helps. I don't know why or even if there is a why. But it helps...for the moment.
V0WfQ.jpg

This repeats some of what was said above, maybe it will spark ideas, or not.

Many things have purpose: pigs and chickens, bacteria and yeast, cars and sunglasses. The dead things are subject to laws of matter, nothing more, but why do the living things choose to do what they do? We put microbes in the warm environment they enjoy, serving our purpose, but even after you have eaten that fat pig and taken your own life out of serious depression, those little bacteria seem to think being alive is a great idea and are more than happy to utilize all that energy you have consumed to help themselves to being alive.

So why do they? Are we content to believe bacteria understand a deep and rich tapestry of meaning, while we fail to see the purpose of it all? Surely, we are the brighter of the two.

We may have a purpose for something larger, but not for ourselves. Neither thing is what keeps us going. The universe has a purpose for us, we are here to accelerate entropy, we are destroying ourselves, like yeast in the oven, but not before we complete the task and if we are lucky, all get eaten. In the truly big scheme of things, our years are so many minutes on an oven dial. Not real inspiring or meaningful, yet we trudge on.

Well... that is, if the universe has an actual boundary (which there can never be evidence of). Why would the universe (all known existence) just want to speed up entropy and destroy itself, as soon as possible. Seems a noble task, if you think of it like wanting to sleep, possibly be reborn, to be left alone, to be without pain. Not because it lacks any real purpose. But being dead then does not quench anything.

Viewing ourselves, we see that we do not control whether or not we are alive, we are born without any choice in the matter, and we get put in an environment with these maniacs, for whatever other purpose, that is not easily known. I am simply curious, why I would say revenge is one purpose of my whole life. In so much, as I want to feel like I have a choice. I want my choice to affect something larger than me. I want to know what that larger something is, what its purpose for me is, and how much control I have, and why it wants me alive or dead, because it doesn't feel like I have any control. Even if I could know, it doesn't feel like I can, I might turn out to be my own worse enemy. I may find out I am being kept alive for some evil, myself.

The purpose of doing work or creating work, to stay alive... and to hell with whatever the bigger picture may or may not be. This kind of purpose is directed inward, toward solving a problem like boredom, which can end up killing you, or protecting your skin from herpes or something. The work then has a purpose to simply keep us alive and comfortable. To keep our family unit alive. Simply being alive is very rewarding, in my opinion. This goes beyond simply existing, it goes into exploration and having those moments of joy that you experience by waiting around for them.

You don't need to be a human to experience being around, you could just be a brick. They exist, probably pretty cool... being a brick, to have no purpose of life beyond being a brick... or in a vegetative state. A brick being "dead" doesn't see the point of "living" either, maybe something else saw the point of it being dead, which was likely a human accomplishment, really, probably some forest fire we started 50,000 years ago. Then again, there is no particular reason that we became alive, for ourselves, in the meanwhile we think there is a purpose, and that is why we are still keeping ourselves alive... and why we are such useful little agents of destruction for whatever created us.

We have a purpose and nothing is going to a better job of telling itself it has a purpose than us. Kind of the reverse of what one might expect, or the inside out. There is almost a competition inside of me for finding purpose. With it I could acheive and control, without it I am wasting time and possibly being set up for some horrible death. What purpose am I fulfilling, in a survival sense, is a very vital question. I think the impulse for an irrational purpose comes out of nature and survival, and seeking our true purpose and convincing others they have a purpose is a really great for survival. Then the desire to "end it all" is just a gambit nature plays, which sometimes back-fires. After all, I seem to be accepting that life has no purpose, why should that even matter to us? Accepting that life doesn't have a purpose but deciding to go ahead anyway and hopefully eventually you will run into something unexpected. That's life, it is weird, but why would I want to kill myself? No purpose. Brick. All knowing, all powerful brick. You can just go on happily being a brick in all this chaos. The brick was... miniscule, unimportant, he found there was more to see, more important, intelligent, beautiful things out there than being a brick, and whether we actively choose to be "dead" or "alive" we stand a slightly better chance not to get eaten like a universal loaf of bread; so we create life.

There is definitely something going on. It doesn't matter how we got to this point... exactly, but we are now aware of a vast universe that we are not equipped to even explore. It is just crazy how much variety of how much stuff there is. If you want to call exploration a purpose, that is fine, I'll just hang around until something comes up, and dream secretly of revenge.

The point in life is choosing and continually adjust the path, that provides the most satisfying version of truth for oneself. "The journey is the destination" might sound cheesy, but it contains more truth than any other axioms I heard of. So I chose it.

So we take a point and extend it...there you have meaning..which is the abusal of a witch..and the atonement is oneness..inside and out is the knot..and the relation is verbal wave gravity..which is the forces of existence...how can you say it has no meaning..when you enchant people with your wicked tongue..the spawn of Satan..or anything else..we have to live together..and we all feel fear sometime..but we will get over it as a Messiah..which is the religion we seek..and you seek...you are real..in the world..and universe..existential..as existence..conscious..and one with the universe...you must understand that what you do and type on a forum means you are giving your life purpose..and therefore the purpose is shared with other people..from which is the grayest nutrient of the firmament of the tree of life..which is an electron..just buzzing around..toward the noble capital is an atom..and the neutron is seen in the rings of a tree...which is why things form the way they do..upwards and outwards is our motion..and we are self contained in caps called spheres of motion..which are the planets..and the Birds and the Trees are all part of one philosophy; together we move further and further into the way..and we void ALL ASPECTS OF EXISTENCE; ..THE REAL QUESTION IS: WHAT ARE YOU?

The "purpose" of life is wrapped up within life itself - to live with passion, to find or create meaning in a meaningless world, to rise above the existential dread & live life to its fullest, engaging in whatever makes you feel truly happy, truly alive, that is the true purpose in life, none but yourself gets to define what life means to you - if you don't like what I'm saying, disregard this as well, I'm just putting my personal perspective out there, I'm not "objectively" correct anymore than anyone else is...

^ I agree with this. Purpose in life is multi-layered. There is biological purpose (ingrained survival and reproduction motives), and then there is the greater purpose, why are we alive? It's to experience life. Living life to the fullest - taking advantage of opportunities, doing what makes you feel passionate, and so on - is the way to feel fulfilled in this purpose. We have a culture as a society that glorifies cheap thrills and distraction, working a mindless job, being a certain way, and it often crushes this.

Right now I think the purpose is love. I recently fell in love for the first time and the feeling is better than any drug. Such a warm, natural feeling so I have her and my daughter so if I forget the purpose of my life I look into her eyes and I remember. Love, that's all and I like the creation noticing creation thing