• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The whole point behind the Roman Catholic church

Christans are very bigoted and nasty people. They are very deluded because of the way they act their karma is shit and may reality have mercy on them in some hellish dmt trip dimesion once they die.

Christans are very bigoted and nasty people. They are very deluded because of the way they act their karma is shit and may reality have mercy on them in some hellish dmt trip dimesion once they die.

Some are, but this is kind of like saying "all Americans are entitled narcissists" or "all Australians are assholes" or "all Mexicans are lazy" or any other generalization. There are tons of Christians who don't try to force their beliefs on anyone and don't care what you believe and just quietly believe in the religion. Unfortunately the ones who are assholes are the ones that draw your attention. My mom is very religious, her whole life is dedicated to her church, especially after all her kids grew up. But she does only good things for her community and everyone she meets. She believes that Jesus commanded us to love everyone, and she has been instrumental in transforming her church into fully accepting gays (the current pastor is gay), housing refugees, feeding the homeless, and fights actively to be there for people in need. She believes in radical love and acceptance and that Jesus taught the same. It's a shame the shitty Christians (who would be shitty people if they were some other religion too, or if they were atheist, they're just looking for an excuse to take their shit out on other people) have tarnished the entire religion because, although I don't think we need organized religion and it tends to lead to conflict in the world, I think it only does this because it's a convenient tool for leaders to mobilize people against other people. At its core, when people are actually living the way that Jesus taught to live, it can be beautiful. I have attended a number of churches regularly as an adult, mostly because my ex was a church pianist, and 2 out of 3 of them were full of lovely people and I enjoyed going every week because it was nice to see a group of people really giving back to their community and making it a better place, and I felt the love being among them. I grew up going to church every week too, and most Christians I've ever personally known are perfectly fine people.

Intolerance against all people of a religion is itself bigotry. I have intolerance for arrogant judgmental asshole Christians, but love for the rest of them (as I have love for anyone who isn't hurting other people).

By the way in case there is any confusion, I am not religious at all.

She believes in radical love
i recently read a collection titled Radical Love that had something to do with christianity. wiki does a terrible job of defining it but says martin luther king jr is describing it ...
I’m not talking about a weak love. I’m not talking about emotional bosh here. I’m not talking about some sentimental quality. I’m not talking about an affectionate response. It would be nonsense to urge oppressed people to love their violent oppressors in an affectionate sense, and I have never advised that. When Jesus said, “Love your enemies,” I’m happy he didn’t say, “Like your enemies.” It’s pretty difficult to like some people. But love is greater than like. Love is understanding creative, redemptive goodwill for all men. Theologians talk about this kind of love with the Greek word agape, which is a sort of overflowing love that seeks nothing in return. And when one develops this, you rise to the position of being able to love the person who does the evil deed, while hating the deed that the person does. And I believe that this can be done. Psychiatrists are telling us now that hatred is a dangerous force, not merely for the hated, but also the hater. Many of the strange things that happen in the subconscious, many of the inner conflicts, are rooted in hate. And so they are saying, “Love or perish.” This is why Erich Fromm can write a book entitled The Art of Loving, arguing that love is the supreme unifying force of life. And so it is wonderful to have a method of struggle where it is possible to stand up against segregation, to stand up against colonialism with all of your might, and yet not hate the perpetrators of these unjust systems. And I believe firmly that it is through this kind of powerful nonviolent action, this kind of love that organizes itself into mass action, that we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation and the world into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. Certainly this is the great challenge facing us.

Last edited:
Some are, but this is kind of like saying "all Americans are entitled narcissists" or "all Australians are assholes" or "all Mexicans are lazy" or any other generalization. There are tons of Christians who don't try to force their beliefs on anyone and don't care what you believe and just quietly believe in the religion. Unfortunately the ones who are assholes are the ones that draw your attention. My mom is very religious, her whole life is dedicated to her church, especially after all her kids grew up. But she does only good things for her community and everyone she meets. She believes that Jesus commanded us to love everyone, and she has been instrumental in transforming her church into fully accepting gays (the current pastor is gay), housing refugees, feeding the homeless, and fights actively to be there for people in need. She believes in radical love and acceptance and that Jesus taught the same. It's a shame the shitty Christians (who would be shitty people if they were some other religion too, or if they were atheist, they're just looking for an excuse to take their shit out on other people) have tarnished the entire religion because, although I don't think we need organized religion and it tends to lead to conflict in the world, I think it only does this because it's a convenient tool for leaders to mobilize people against other people. At its core, when people are actually living the way that Jesus taught to live, it can be beautiful. I have attended a number of churches regularly as an adult, mostly because my ex was a church pianist, and 2 out of 3 of them were full of lovely people and I enjoyed going every week because it was nice to see a group of people really giving back to their community and making it a better place, and I felt the love being among them. I grew up going to church every week too, and most Christians I've ever personally known are perfectly fine people.

Intolerance against all people of a religion is itself bigotry. I have intolerance for arrogant judgmental asshole Christians, but love for the rest of them (as I have love for anyone who isn't hurting other people).

By the way in case there is any confusion, I am not religious at all.
I shouldn't of put all of them into the same category. I grew up going to a catholic church that just preached hate on others. I lived in a pretty rural medium sized town the other christian churchs were pretty much cult like preaching alot of hate aswell while claiming they can cure cancer.

Its been a while since i have walked into a church, but i do remember some of the genuine people who had alot of love. Saldy the bad experinces are things that stick to human memory more and i seemed to forget alot of goods things some of them were doing til i read your reply.

I truly believe in jesus original message of unconditional love but sadly the high level cardinal corruption of the catholic system has stained it. those shit people just join up to a church to give themselves a excuse for acting like cunts to others which drags down people doing true humanity work.

I shouldn't of put all of them into the same category. I grew up going to a catholic church that just preached hate on others. I lived in a pretty rural medium sized town the other christian churchs were pretty much cult like preaching alot of hate aswell while claiming they can cure cancer.

Its been a while since i have walked into a church, but i do remember some of the genuine people who had alot of love. Saldy the bad experinces are things that stick to human memory more and i seemed to forget alot of goods things some of them were doing til i read your reply.

I truly believe in jesus original message of unconditional love but sadly the high level cardinal corruption of the catholic system has stained it. those shit people just join up to a church to give themselves a excuse for acting like cunts to others which drags down people doing true humanity work.

Yeah I feel pretty differently about Catholicism than I do about the reformation churches (I grew up in a Methodist church that was pretty loving, we had one pastor for a while that preached hellfire and brimstone stuff and we got rid of him). I can understand the intensity of your feeling considering, because most people who grew up Catholic that I know and moved away from it are really sour on Christianity and resentful of the church. For good reason.

I'm not Catholic or any other main set religion / faith but there is something very special for me & I'm drawn to The Virgin of Guadalupe & Mary Magdalene for some reason.
Too many people want to point their finger at faith & say "I was a kid in this faith & it is horrible" etc which in my view is kinda dumb.

I don't think we need organized religion and it tends to lead to conflict in the world

Conflict (which is putting it politely) existed long before organized religion. See Charles Darwin. After all were pretty much a bunch of homo sapiens. Maybe we'll evolve into another species, maybe we'll go extinct. At present we've made ourselves a civilization to live in with both conflict and organized religion. Which is pretty neato IMH.

For the record I'm socially very liberal but religiously conservative (I favor organized religion).

Was Jesus Christ a child molester?

I wasn't talked to about religion growing up but recently someone told me the whole point to being a Catholic is a belief that a child molester should be killed
No, Jesus was not a child molester. The Catholic church with regard to all the disgusting things that happen to children is because of the repressed sexuality. No where in the Bible does it say that people serving God at the highest level (pastors, teachers, evangelists, prophets, ect) needed to stay celibate. It's not right teaching.

Boku The whole point of being a Catholic is to molest children and pretend like it's a bad thing not to actually believe that child molester should be killed bcoz they'll forgive anything.just repent and it's all good keep on doing it repent again.nowhere has a Catholic ever believed that a child molester should be killed.dunno where u got that one.

Boku The whole point of being a Catholic is to molest children and pretend like it's a bad thing not to actually believe that child molester should be killed bcoz they'll forgive anything.just repent and it's all good keep on doing it repent again.nowhere has a Catholic ever believed that a child molester should be killed.dunno where u got that one.
And nowhere in history has child molesting ever been so accepted as the Catholic church followed only by the Christian church closely followed by all other repressive organised religions.jews had a problem with child molestation in the church from there priests and Muslims probably have the same thing but it's not talked about as much bcoz over there society and religion blame the victim but with how repressive and shitty life is there as if it doesn't happen on the same scale as it does in the Catholic church.

I believe all religion was created by human in order to control other humans. Social hierarchies do not just exist in humans/civilization. The heaven vs hell is a method of positive vs negative reinforcement.

If religion didn't control people, there would be no logic behind separation of church and state.

As humans evolve, and information is now spread near instantly, it is much harder to convince someone of your belief without verifiable facts. This, imo, is why we are seeing the sharp decline in Christianity in the US, especially among young people who love to google everything. I believe this is why the powers that be have switched to a new form of religion, materialism that defines social hierarchy. Look into "world view warfare" and you'll probably find some discomforting things out.

And nowhere in history has child molesting ever been so accepted as the Catholic church followed only by the Christian church closely followed by all other repressive organised religions.jews had a problem with child molestation in the church from there priests and Muslims probably have the same thing but it's not talked about as much bcoz over there society and religion blame the victim but with how repressive and shitty life is there as if it doesn't happen on the same scale as it does in the Catholic church.

The Catholic church does not equal Christianity. In fact the whole reason that the Reformation churches (there are many, including Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, and others) disagreed so strongly with Catholicism's corruption that they split off, which at the time was declaring war (in fact many terrible conflicts resulted, for example, in ireland). As I menioned, Catholicism's entire point was perverted, it was to subvert the teachings of a great spiritual teacher into a mechanism for social control (in sick ways too, control through fear, menace and guilt/self-loathing). To me, Catholicism is different than Christianity. Catholicism would horrify Jesus the man, who taught about nonviolence, radical love and acceptance, and distributing wealth to support the poor (the Catholic church has always been very rich and influential). The Catholic church is not much different from what Jesus was preaching against, politically/socially, in his day.

So it's no surprise that the Catholic church is home to a child molester culture. But you can't use that to say that Jesus the man was a child molester. Catholicism is more or less the opposite of what Christianity is supposed to be.

I'm not religious, though I was raised Christian. I just often feel the desire to defend Jesus because I have studied Jesus's life and teachings, including various books found with the Dead Sea scroll that the Catholics decided not to allow into the New Testament (some of which were carbon dated to close to his actual life, all of the books that made it into the Bible were written at least 100 years after the man died. Think about that... however there exist texts that were written quite a few decades closer, and they paint a different picture. But, even the Bible Jesus comes across vastly different than the way many "Christians" have come to believe about who he was, really he comes across as a radical communist hippie who was there for everyone, non-judgmental, and kind.

But, even the Bible Jesus comes across vastly different than the way many "Christians" have come to believe about who he was, really he comes across as a radical communist hippie who was there for everyone, non-judgmental, and kind.

This.

I'm not sure if I've asked this yet or not but why are Latin American Catholics or evergenical Christians so crazy for Jesus Christ and the virgin Mary?

The church owns about 20% of all Italian real estate.

In 20th century London most of the buildings that housed London's brothels were owned by the Anglican diocese covering greater London. Basically the church of England profited from the flesh trade.

Even now the church of England are massive owners of London real estate.