• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The whole point behind the Roman Catholic church

oh sure, that is common. praying is not worship. Yes, you can pray to saints for help, but that is very different from worshiping them as a god.

It is putting someone above god and that breaks the first commandment.

God is supposed to be a personal god. Not someone accessed through a third party.

Regards
DL

Intercession. ;) I just remembered that. I couldn't figure out how intercession could be achieved between the Virgin Mary and others though, as she wasn't a saint was she?
Hmmm I thought so but am not sure. just looked it up and yes, she is a saint. The big one you might say. The original.

Have they grown by inquisitions because of a lack of decent moral tenets, --- the way Christianity grew as well?

Regards
DL
Unsure. But there have been links to movements like islam and buddhism to get the notions honed. I am big into i guess you could say religion altogether.

The whole point behind the catholic thing is to pray hail mary, our father every day,nd bless your bed by matthew mark luke and john each night before sleep. I am a jehovah. I like catholicism but i was baptised protestant.

The whole point behind the catholic thing is to pray hail mary, our father every day,nd bless your bed by matthew mark luke and john each night before sleep.
Sounds depressing.i would have thought the brainwashing of millions of ppl and the hundreds of millions of dollars they handover was the real reason.i mean can you really believe in some guy that walked on water and was the son of the non human who built the world and a virgin.come on they would have been better off putting a dragon in there somewhere
and there's actually ppl who believe this shit.thats the part I just can't grasp.something so obviously made up.something that is so obviously a lie

Last edited:
What always gets me is the people who take the religious texts and myths of any one religion as absolute truth, and see it as historical fact, yet view all the other various alternate histories as mythology/not historical fact. When in reality, their own religion's stories are no less a mythology than any other. It is, at best, willfully ignorant to claim the stance that "my religion's stories are all literally true, and every single other one is just some made up shit".

I know some people who are Christians (like my mom for example) who understand that the stories in the bible are just mythology. Well, except for Jesus, she believes Jesus died and rose and went to heaven. But she doesn't believe any of the old testament stuff, she sees it as the mythology that underpins the world in which Jesus lived and the culture and religion he was preaching against. She believes that all religions have elements of truth to them, and are trying to get at the same thing. My point is that there are plenty of people who identify as belonging to a religion who don't believe it all word for word and use it as more of a social/cultural/moral/idealogical framework. They believe in god, they believe in Jesus, it brings them happiness and they feel less uncertain. They go to church and find a great community there. They try their best to be good, kind people. They don't pay heed to the old testament stuff much, but instead to the things Jesus said about loving your neighbor and turning the other cheek, and helping those in need. This is what religion is to many people. At least in the protestant churches (the ones that separated from Catholicism).

come on they would have been better off putting a dragon in there somewhere

Haha this part killed me :LOL:

Unsure. But there have been links to movements like islam and buddhism to get the notions honed. I am big into i guess you could say religion altogether.

Do you favor esoteric ecumenism or exoteric ecumenism or some other way of gaging religions?

Regards
DL

The whole point behind the catholic thing is to pray hail mary, our father every day,nd bless your bed by matthew mark luke and john each night before sleep. I am a jehovah. I like catholicism but i was baptised protestant.

Ony you can tie you to any particular ideology or theology.

If a god cares where or when you were baptised, he is not a worthy god.

Regards
DL

I am a very religious person, but many people do not understand the benefits of faith in God, I do not know how to convey to them?
The correct question is "Why are you dissatisfied with other people not sharing your beliefs?"

I'm neither believer nor unbeliever, I think you are all [insult removed] wasting thoughts on the existence of God,
when it makes not the slightest difference if there is a God or not, since we are mortals no matter what.
Call what happens luck, call it destiny, call it God, call it universal consciousness, I do not give the slightest, it still happens, and that's that.
The reality we live in is the only one we can all (rather) objectively perceive and share. We should concentrate on that, and not what is beyond,
or we will never focus on making this world better, all waiting for paradise to happen

Last edited by a moderator:
It is quite literally a business + the shady behind the scenes abuse.

In Jesus' own words: "God is in you". Then the church deemed that as heretic... wonder why?