Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Simpsons

the one where they go to Hullabalooza is awesome

"that guys guitar is talking"

"wow my shoes are talking" "we wont hurt you we just want to have some fun"

so many laughs

there are many other simpsons' threads including 'simpsons' fans unite' and one on what simpson person you are, that you might want to also look at

El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)

the insanity chili pepper episode!
"I hope I didn't brain my damage." -Homer

Angry homer. "HOMER MAD!! HOMER SMASH!!!"
ep_homerhulk.jpg

I don't know what it's called, but the episode with the riblets was also priceless.

22 Short Films About Springfield

Chalmers: Good Lord, what is happening in there?
Skinner: Aurora Borealis?
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?

One that comes to mind is when the Simpsons decide to move and Homer joins the Globex Corporation with Scorpio. I think it was called "You Only Move Twice".

'Simpsons' Looks Beyond 350th Episode

'Simpsons' Looks Beyond 350th Episode
Apr 28, 2005
By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - When a show reaches an impressive 350 episodes, it's fair to reflect on its mortality. So how long can "The Simpsons," which hits the milestone Sunday, keep going?

"I don't see any end in sight," creator and executive producer Matt Groening told The Associated Press.

Those are reassuring words for the millions of fans who have remained loyal to the Simpson family through 16 seasons, and counting. Writers are already at work on episodes for 2005-06, the 17th season.

The key to its longevity is simple, Groening said: "We try to keep surprising the audience. That's what you're looking for in television - surprise."

As long as the show can meet that burden, "we'll keep going."

Executive producer Al Jean, who has been with the animated comedy since it was spun off Tracey Ullman's variety show in 1989, muses about other aspects of the equation.

With the ensemble cast signed through the next three seasons, "I would consider it highly likely we will do those seasons," Jean said. He added that he hopes they find the work rewarding enough to continue.

The series features the voices of Dan Castellaneta and Julie Kavner as parents Homer and Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as son Bart, and Yeardley Smith as daughter Lisa.

Castellaneta and Kavner also voice a number of different characters, as do cast members including Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns and Ned Flanders among them) and Hank Azaria (police Chief Wiggum, Moe and others).

The future also depends on the continued profitability of the brand that has brought an estimated $1 billion-plus to Fox and parent company News Corp. (NWSA) through the TV show, DVDs and a vast array of other goods.

Although ratings are not stellar compared to top shows like Fox's own "American Idol,""The Simpsons" has held steady with just under 10 million weekly viewers for several years and remains Fox's Sunday bulwark.

It's a creative mainstay as well, say Groening and Jean.

"I'm particularly proud of our recent episodes. I think they're as sharp and surprising as anything we've done since the beginning of the show," Groening said.

(He concedes that some fans carp the new episodes are inferior to old ones; being measured against a fond memory is a standard problem for comedies, Groening argues.)

"Nothing lasts forever," said Jean. "But I do think this past year, in my view, is one of the best we've had in a long time."

For those who contend the show's satirical boldness has ebbed, Jean notes it has tackled the subject of gay marriage and points to a future episode that will make hay out of assisted suicide.

"The Simpsons" has been able to turn any number of subjects into comic fodder with scant interference from the network, virtually unheard of in television.

Groening attributes the freedom to the clout of executive producer James L. Brooks, a TV and movie heavyweight whose credits include "The Mary Tyler Moore Show,""Taxi" and "Terms of Endearment."

On Sunday's 350th episode (8 p.m. EDT), Ray Romano is heard as the voice of Homer's new best friend, a roofer. But there's a mystery behind the character that Jean compares to the film "A Beautiful Mind."

In a bonanza for viewers Fox is running two new "Simpsons" episodes back-to-back for the next three weeks. In Sunday's second episode (8:30 p.m. EDT), an ailing Bart has to attend a fitness camp, with Albert Brooks voicing one of the instructors.

Although "The Simpsons" has logged the most seasons of any TV sitcom, it has yet to match the episode count of two others: "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet," which holds the record at 435 episodes, and "My Three Sons" with 380.

A wry Groening said he's set his own dream goal.

"I want to get to 366 so we have one for every day of the year, including leap year."

Link

When will the horrible, horrible writing end?

If the Simpsons had premiered with any of the last six seasons (at least), they'd be cancelled before year 2. They're riding the pop culture wave of die hard fans who refuse to see what a mess their icon has become.

^^^Right O man, last few seasons writing has sucked. All pop culture references and special guest stars.

I laughed my ass off at bart getting fat and having a heart attack. Electroshock with homer was great. Ray ramanos peice was.... questionable.... and the plug for his show at the end was pretty infuriating. Still some redeeming qualities though, I think the whole reason the simpsons isn't as good anymore is because it has been toned down so much. No more drug references, not much political comedy, seems like they are trying to make the new episodes 'for the kids'.

If Michael Jordan became mentally retarded tomorrow, broke 12 bones in his body the next day, refused to tell anyone about any of this, and then decided to play in the NBA next season, and all of us decided to watch each of his games . . .

. . . that would be almost as hard to watch as watching new Simpsons episodes.

As much I detest Seinfeld, at least they decided to hang it up before the show became of shell of itself.

the DVDs of the earlier seasons have been great. I don't make a point of watching the new episodes, mostly for having to sit through commercials. the Simpsons are a billion dollar business for Fox. it probably won't go away anytime soon.

Just in case anyone cares, Simpsons renewed for 2 more seasons

Homer Goes Longer!
By Josh Grossberg, E!Online
March 20, 2006

Like a certain battery-powered bunny, The Simpsons keeps going and going and going.

Fox has just ordered up two more seasons of the Emmy-winning animated series, guaranteeing that Homer, Bart and the rest of the Springfield gang will keep going through a 19th season in 2008. The 'toon will also mark its 400th episode in May 2007.

Not since CBS' Gunsmoke ruled the airwaves has a TV program so successfully etched itself into the pop culture landscape for so long.

With Monday's announcement, The Simpsons is getting closer to tying the Western's record 20-year run.

The Simpsons, created by cartoonist Matt Groening, holds Guinness World Record titles for longest running 'toon in TV history, longest running comedy on the tube (having surpassed The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, which lasted for 15 seasons from 1952 to 1966) and having the most guest stars in a TV series.

To put it in perspective, a 10-year-old who tunes into a Simpsons episode today was in diapers when season six wrapped up with the classic "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" cliffhanger. Those born in 1987, when sketchy, prototype Simpsons first appeared as brief segments in between the sketches on Fox's The Tracey Ullman Show, are now ready to collect high school diplomas (that is, if they adhered to Lisa's, not Bart's, study habits).

The Simpsons voice cast--Dan Castellaneta (Homer, Krusty, Grandpa Simpson, Mayor Quimby), Julie Kavner (Marge, Selma, Patty), Nancy Cartwright (Bart, Nelson, Ralph Wiggum), Yeardley Smith (Lisa), Hank Azaria (Moe, Apu, Chief Wiggum) and Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner)--is reportedly signed up for the additional seasons.

As Monty Burns would say, that's excellent news considering the group's periodic strike threats to get higher paydays as the show evolved into a $1 billion juggernaut for Fox and its parent, News Corp. Apparently rumors of The Simpsons' demise over the years, including even comments to that effect from Groening himself, have been greatly exaggerated.

Meanwhile, a big-screen Simpsons is definitely in the works and will likely debut at the end of the series' run...whenever that happens to be.

The good news on Monday wasn't limited to The Simpsons camp. Fox also announced it's firing up the barbecue for an additional season of King of the Hill.

Hatched by Beavis and Butt-head mastermind Mike Judge, the latter 'toon debuted in 1997 and has become the second-longest running comedy on television. Hill, which won an Emmy in 1999 for Best Animated Series, is now back on the air after being preempted by Fox's coverage of the NFL playoffs. Its 11th season is slated to kick off in January 2007.

Link

this is cool

ive only seen like a 100 episodes

but i plan to see them all when im an old man

so they better not stop making them