Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Simpsons

Any Simpsons episodes never shown in syndication?

I actually have 3 questions for all you Simpsons nerds out there, the subject line being the biggest one:

1) Are there any eposides that, after their premiere, were deemed controversial, in poor taste, or unfunny enough to never make it to syndication? In other words, are there any Simpsons eposides I can count on never seeing on TV again?

2) Every Simpsons character has some major personality flaw. What is Milhouse's?

3) My college had a presentation by a guy who wrote for the Simpsons. I missed it, but I heard he explained why the Simpsons is shown in every country *EXCEPT* France and Japan. Does anyone know why the show was never aired in these two countries specifically?

I have no answer for the first two questions, but the Simpsons is aired in both France and Japan.

Re: Any Simpsons episodes never shown in syndication?

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
1) Are there any eposides that, after their premiere, were deemed controversial, in poor taste, or unfunny enough to never make it to syndication? In other words, are there any Simpsons eposides I can count on never seeing on TV again?

i was told by someone that the episode where homer's car ends up parked outside the world trade center was yanked from syndication, however i have definitely seen it since. other than that i don't think i've even heard rumors about it.

2) Every Simpsons character has some major personality flaw. What is Milhouse's?

he's the kid that would be a nerd but he's not smart. don't know if that makes any sense, but there was always one of them in all my classes.

there might be a better answer to your first wuestion at www.snpp.com .

Re: Any Simpsons episodes never shown in syndication?

MyDoorsAreOpen said:

Aus (free to air) TV edit the Simpsons when it's on at 6pm, but not later on at night. I dont\'t know of any too controversial episodes.

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
2) Every Simpsons character has some major personality flaw. What is Milhouse's?[/B]

Being an only child to devorced parents, he's heavily sheltered by his mum (lou-anne is hot!), which mixed with a unique name, causes him to be socially maladjusted. He's a closet homosexual, which he hides with his obssession with Lisa. This denial causes inner conflict which results in bed wetting.
Best milhouse quote: My mom says I'm cool!

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
3) My college had a presentation by a guy who wrote for the Simpsons. I missed it, but I heard he explained why the Simpsons is shown in every country *EXCEPT* France and Japan. Does anyone know why the show was never aired in these two countries specifically? [/B]

It is shown in Japan and France. The DVD's have examples of the show in other languages, including Japanese and French.

Some episodes are only shown after certain times in Aus they may be pulled from syndication in some places???
The one where homer smokes weed (weekend at burnsies)
The one where marge and homer have sex in strange places
there are probably others...

i was also gonna say the one where homer's car gets the boot in between the WTCs, but i know i've seen that one several times since 911. it's actually one of my all-time favorite episodes.

TV: Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XV

Well, it's official. Whatever it was that made the show great is gone.

The Simpsons has turned into a big steaming pile of dog crap.

To give them credit, they had 6 really great years, and 5 years of hit-and-miss episodes.

But the last few years have simply sucked.

What do you think - should they throw in the towel?

I've said they have needed to call it quits for almost five years now. There are a few gems here and there, but I can't say I've watched a new episode in two years.

I think they're still doing ok. Maybe that's just cause I smoke so much before an episode that it's funny no matter what. Well it makes for good Sunday night smoking tv.

I am hoping that last nights travesty was an aberration but it was SOOO lame that I have little confidence in the rest of the season. If a episode as bad as last night's can get on the air there's no telling how low the bar has been set.

I smiled exactly once during the enitre episode: during the NED ZONE segment when Flanders touches the theatre showing THE ROSIE O'DONNELL MUSICAL & sees that it will close after 3 performances & exclaims: "I don't have to be psychic to know THAT". It was an OK line in an otherwise dismal offering.

I think it would be stating the painfully obvious to say "Worst Episode Ever">

I havent watched a new simpsons episode in years either, it just isnt any good anymore...

I haven't watched it in years (unless you count old reruns that were actually good). They need to call it quits already. Or hire some new brilliant writers. Either or.

i didn't think it was that bad, but i have also never particularly liked the treehouse of horror series.

i don't know. the simpsons still rules, but some of the shows are a little "ify". reguardless i'm going to keep watching forever just cuz i've made a tradition of getting stoned and watching the simpsons sunday night for the past 5 years.

i stopped watching after season ten (i've seen everything before then at least twice), because it was getting, well, crap. i've caught a few episodes since then, and there have been the occasional good jokes, but they're not consistently funny like they used to be.

post the titles of your favourite simpsons episodes here !

Just tell the most hilarious ones =D