Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Simpsons

muzby

Bluelighter
i soooo love this show...

it has shaped my life in every way, shape and form...

hell, i'm even considering getting a homer tattoo....

any other fans out here??

share fav episodes...

mine is definately the treehouse of horrors one where homer invents the time machine... :D :D

^^^ that'd probably be my favourite episode too, treehouses of horror were always awesome. "stupid bug, you go squish now!" =D

"The doctor says my nose'll stop bleeding if I just keep my finger outta there."

"So, do you like, stuff?"

Cheers,
Triple-Alpha

PS- one of my favorite episodes is the Chili Pepper episode where Homer goes off on the Carlos Casteneda like trip.

My favorite has to be where Homer calls PBS and offers a $10,000 donation for them to take their telethon off the air. The, when he doesn't pay up, he gets chased down by Sesame Street characters and joins the Peace Corps to get away.

That or the episode where Grandpa digs up the paintings from WWII, just because the German guys drive off at the end listening to Kraftwerk. :)

The Trainspotting sequence last night was pretty sweet too.

^^^
"Elmo knows where you live!!!"

The PBS one was also my fav!!! I have Simpsons stuff all over my desk at work. And my last name is even Simpson so in turn i pretty much have to be a fan. I also just got a new dog and his name is Homer...heh!!

After last nights "trip to England" POS I'm convinced the Simpsons finally needs to be put to rest.

last nights def wasnt all that great...im pretty sure the show will be over in about 2 years...i heard around 2005.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems."
- H.J. Simpsons

Yeah, they signed a two year contract with Fox which means this season and the next are the only guaranteed, and will probably be the last.. That means the show will have at least 16 seasons. Not too bad.

Cheers,
Triple-Alpha

the only newer episodes i have liked have been the pbs one, homer and ned's trip to vegas, and furious d. the show is definitely on a serious downward slide but in its prime it was gold. i think 80% of my vocabulary in high school was simpsons quotes, which now that i think about it is kind of sad. favorite show would be just about every one from season four and five.

Homer (At Frank Grime's funeral) - Change the channel, Marge.

Some recent episodes have been so bad that they look deliberate. The paranoid in me thinks they did that to boost the ratings of other fox TV shows now that X-Files and Futurama (sigh) is finished, and Simpsons is wrapping up.

Every line in the "Who shot Mr Burns" double episode is absolute gold.

I love the episode where homer becomes a missionary, and starts licking toads. But my favourites are the one with the x-files(leonard nimoy presenting it), and the one with the canyonero F-model...hahaha

Gotta love the simpsons, they should make a channel that only shows:
futurama, family guy, the simpsons, king of the hill, ren and stimpy, the muppetshow, and a lot of other funny things I can`t remember right now.

2 years left,i doubt it. the probley with all of the newer episodes is ovbious,scully. thow has ,however hade up and some of S14 and parts of 15 have begun to show promise.of course they arnt gogin to live up to such classics ans lisa goes to washington and lemon of troybu tthey still have alot of life left in them and i think once savlegfed fro mthe grips of the "scully era" will once again rise to be above anyhting else on tv(wich it still is. i eman shit in synication it still beats plenty of prime time shows in ratings.)

The recent episodes I'm finding not nearly as enjoyable as the older ones, but I still end up watching it since theres not much better on.

My fav episode is, hmm oh there's so many great ones... i think the one where bart ruins christmas by accidently burning it all :)

nixy said:
The recent episodes I'm finding not nearly as enjoyable as the older ones, but I still end up watching it since theres not much better on.

My fav episode is, hmm oh there's so many great ones... i think the one where bart ruins christmas by accidently burning it all :)
I think the new ones are great compared to the first couple of seasons where the characters haven't fully developed. And Homer has that terribly annoying voice.

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson. "

Best show on TV IMO.

Fav episode is prob medical marijuana where Homer gets prescribed Texas THC by Dr Hibbert for his wounded eyes after the crows turned on him and tried to drink his sweet sweet eye juices.

"they call em fingers but I aint ever seen em fing" (otto)

Close second when they adopt Hans Moleman because Bart moves out.
Gotta Love Hans.

The New York episode

Favorite quote ...

Taxi Driver : "Get off the road you freaking manic!"
Runover cyclist still attached to the taxi : "Yeah you jackass!"

Favorite scene ...

Homer being hit in the face by trash and used needles through the broken windshield.

^
"Your request has been...REJECTED. Please wait for Officer Steve...GRABOWSKI...between the hours of 9 and 5."

:D