Site Feedback The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. - Mega/Merged

Owl Eyed

Bluelighter
I've noticed that I've been getting this message more and more frequently since last night. I spoke to a few other people and they've been experiencing the same problem. I will get that message several times in an hour, and the server will be "too busy" for several minutes at a time (maybe even longer?). I was wondering if this issue has been looked at yet. It appears to be getting worse.

Mod Note - Since this problem seems to pop up every once in a while I'm making this the megathread for it. -Tommyboy

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been happening to me since this morning this is the first time I could get on.

This time I saw it I and just logged in anyway. Anyone else have this happen to them?

we're receiving a few reports. we're looking into it.

alasdair

Ya there's some pretty interesting threads on whats new today and im having trouble getting to all of them does the server being to busy just meen there's to many people on bl right now or what?

Yes! I have been getting this message about 90% of the time today. In my time on Bluelight I have never seen it before.

Thou - how were you able to just log in anyway? Do you just mean by refreshing the page until it no longer said the server was too busy? When I get the message "The server is too busy at the moment" I can't do anything, can't read posts, can't log in, can't post...

No just type in your login addres.

I might have special privileges I was unaware of? If so we might just have to off a few users in the name of universal 'ahem' 'cough' 'sputter' security.

=D

Same problem here, lasts about 5-10 minnutes at a time then I can post again... I actually came here to make a thread about it.
We wouldn't be getting attacked by anyone trying to overload the system would we?

Ya there's some pretty interesting threads on whats new today and im having trouble getting to all of them does the server being to busy just meen there's to many people on bl right now or what?
we don't know what's causing it.
We wouldn't be getting attacked by anyone trying to overload the system would we?
there's nothing to suggest that this is the case but we're still looking into it...

alasdair

if it were that easy to diagnose and fix server issues dont you think there'd be more network administrators?

Last edited:
you all need to be patient. we are aware of the issue and investigating what is causing it/how to remedy it.

Still happening to me like 80% of the time, just in case that is useful to know (I know you guys are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it just thought it might be good to have an update that it is still happening).

It happened to me too. I did check the number online when I got here and there were about 100 lurkers to 1 member.

Strange days....